About Weblate and salsa

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
3 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

About Weblate and salsa

hoxp18
To: Debian Edu team

Greeting,

Mind if I ask some?

It's about Weblate and salsa.

Weblate
========

Thanks to you team provided me the great Weblate interface,
it was so nice and smooth to do translations.
Thank you about it, again.

As I said, I'd like to use it for a bit long.

However, if it would be some "cost" issue,
I'll get my task env into gettext po way, ASAP.

Provided I can do tasks via salsa, with git.
I'm not used to git...

salsa
=======

Translating Debian Edu doc and then I noticed
"I should read more about Buster release note!"
(finally; it took so long. heavy sigh)

So now I'm starting release-notes ja translation.

Confusing around "debian main team" repo,
my guest account fork on salsa,
my local clone of salsa-guest-folk,
and merge-requests.

Here is my big question. What would you recommend?

I know I should read much around git, GitLab, salsa,
Debian maintainer guide, etc., first. I'll do it.

It would be a great help for me it you talented people
tell me about it.

BTW, I need some more time to finish my personal messy things.
I keep my eyes on debian-edu-doc ja trans status, though.

Thank you for reading this. Have a nice new week!

Regards.

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: About Weblate and salsa

Frans Spiesschaert
Hi hoxp18,


[hidden email] schreef op ma 03-06-2019 om 01:20 [+0900]:
>
> Weblate
> ========
>
> However, if it would be some "cost" issue,
> I'll get my task env into gettext po way, ASAP.

Don't worry. It isn't a cost or a burden at all.
Please go ahead using Weblate if that suits you best.

>
>
> So now I'm starting release-notes ja translation.
>
> Confusing around "debian main team" repo,
> my guest account fork on salsa,
> my local clone of salsa-guest-folk,
> and merge-requests.

If this confuses you to much, you can also attach your translation to a
whislist bug against the release-notes package. You could file a bug
each time you finished the translation of a chapter.

See https://lists.debian.org/debian-i18n/2019/03/msg00012.html and
https://lists.debian.org/debian-i18n/2019/05/msg00003.html on the
translation of the release notes.

>
>

--
Kind regards,
Frans Spiesschaert

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Re: About Weblate and salsa

hoxp18
Dear Frans Spiesschaert,

Thank you for your quick reply.

> > Weblate
> > ========
> >
> > However, if it would be some "cost" issue,
> > I'll get my task env into gettext po way, ASAP.
>
> Don't worry. It isn't a cost or a burden at all.
> Please go ahead using Weblate if that suits you best.

I got it. I use Weblate for debian-edu-doc.
(Weblate reverting is now no problem for me since I tracking rendered HTMLs)

> > So now I'm starting release-notes ja translation.
> >
> > Confusing around "debian main team" repo,
> > my guest account fork on salsa,
> > my local clone of salsa-guest-folk,
> > and merge-requests.
>
> If this confuses you to much, you can also attach your translation to a
> whislist bug against the release-notes package. You could file a bug
> each time you finished the translation of a chapter.
>
> See https://lists.debian.org/debian-i18n/2019/03/msg00012.html and
> https://lists.debian.org/debian-i18n/2019/05/msg00003.html on the
> translation of the release notes.

Thank you for your kind and detail information.
I'll read these threads and re-think about how I use salsa/git.

Again, thank you. Have a nice day.

Regards.