Adopting xawtv

Dmitry Eremin-Solenikov
Hello,

xawtv package is offered for adoption:
https://salsa.debian.org/debian/xawtv/merge_requests/1#note_91267

I'm proposing to adopt this package by debian-multimedia team.

--
With best wishes
Dmitry

Re: Adopting xawtv

Reinhard Tartler
Do you have a compatible tv card and can test that it actually works?

Last time I looked at it is a decade ago. I think there are better alternatives available. Maybe we should rather remove it from Debian?

Let me know what you think.

On Thu, Jun 13, 2019, 20:03 Dmitry Eremin-Solenikov <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hello,

xawtv package is offered for adoption:
https://salsa.debian.org/debian/xawtv/merge_requests/1#note_91267

I'm proposing to adopt this package by debian-multimedia team.

--
With best wishes
Dmitry

Re: Adopting xawtv

Dmitry Eremin-Solenikov

пт, 14 июн. 2019 г., 15:34 Reinhard Tartler <[hidden email]>:
Do you have a compatible tv card and can test that it actually works?

Yes.

Last time I looked at it is a decade ago. I think there are better alternatives available. Maybe we should rather remove it from Debian?

I use it on occasions I need to watch images from my aver studio or laptop camera. It is lighter and more stable compared to other alternatives like mplayer or gstreamer. It is maintained upstream, so there is no direct need to drop it.

Let me know what you think.

On Thu, Jun 13, 2019, 20:03 Dmitry Eremin-Solenikov <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hello,

xawtv package is offered for adoption:
https://salsa.debian.org/debian/xawtv/merge_requests/1#note_91267

I'm proposing to adopt this package by debian-multimedia team.

--
With best wishes
Dmitry

Re: Adopting xawtv

Sebastian Ramacher-3
Hi Dmitry

On 2019-06-14 03:03:22, Dmitry Eremin-Solenikov wrote:
> xawtv package is offered for adoption:
> https://salsa.debian.org/debian/xawtv/merge_requests/1#note_91267
>
> I'm proposing to adopt this package by debian-multimedia team.

If you want to join the team to maintain the package under the team's
umbrealla, please take a look at
https://wiki.debian.org/DebianMultimedia/Join.

Cheers
--
Sebastian Ramacher

Re: Adopting xawtv

Dmitry Eremin-Solenikov
Hello,

пн, 17 июн. 2019 г. в 13:04, Sebastian Ramacher <[hidden email]>:

> Hi Dmitry
>
> On 2019-06-14 03:03:22, Dmitry Eremin-Solenikov wrote:
> > xawtv package is offered for adoption:
> > https://salsa.debian.org/debian/xawtv/merge_requests/1#note_91267
> >
> > I'm proposing to adopt this package by debian-multimedia team.
>
> If you want to join the team to maintain the package under the team's
> umbrealla, please take a look at
> https://wiki.debian.org/DebianMultimedia/Join.

I'm already part of D-M team. This question should probably go to Maximiliano.

--
With best wishes
Dmitry

Re: Adopting xawtv

Sebastian Ramacher-3
On 2019-06-17 14:00:18, Dmitry Eremin-Solenikov wrote:

> Hello,
>
> пн, 17 июн. 2019 г. в 13:04, Sebastian Ramacher <[hidden email]>:
> >
> > Hi Dmitry
> >
> > On 2019-06-14 03:03:22, Dmitry Eremin-Solenikov wrote:
> > > xawtv package is offered for adoption:
> > > https://salsa.debian.org/debian/xawtv/merge_requests/1#note_91267
> > >
> > > I'm proposing to adopt this package by debian-multimedia team.
> >
> > If you want to join the team to maintain the package under the team's
> > umbrealla, please take a look at
> > https://wiki.debian.org/DebianMultimedia/Join.
>
> I'm already part of D-M team. This question should probably go to Maximiliano.
If I understood maxy's comment correctly, the package is up for grabs.
So the questions is whether you want to maintain it as part of the team
or not.

Cheers
--
Sebastian Ramacher

Re: Adopting xawtv

Dmitry Eremin-Solenikov
Hi,

пн, 17 июн. 2019 г. в 15:13, Sebastian Ramacher <[hidden email]>:

> On 2019-06-17 14:00:18, Dmitry Eremin-Solenikov wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > пн, 17 июн. 2019 г. в 13:04, Sebastian Ramacher <[hidden email]>:
> > >
> > > Hi Dmitry

> > > If you want to join the team to maintain the package under the team's
> > > umbrealla, please take a look at
> > > https://wiki.debian.org/DebianMultimedia/Join.
> >
> > I'm already part of D-M team. This question should probably go to Maximiliano.
>
> If I understood maxy's comment correctly, the package is up for grabs.
> So the questions is whether you want to maintain it as part of the team
> or not.

Yes, I do. I'm not a DD, so I will need somebody to sponsor package
uploads or to
whitelist my uploads.

--
With best wishes
Dmitry

Re: Adopting xawtv

Sebastian Ramacher-3
hi

On 2019-06-17 17:51:44, Dmitry Eremin-Solenikov wrote:

> Hi,
>
> пн, 17 июн. 2019 г. в 15:13, Sebastian Ramacher <[hidden email]>:
> >
> > On 2019-06-17 14:00:18, Dmitry Eremin-Solenikov wrote:

> > > I'm already part of D-M team. This question should probably go to Maximiliano.
> >
> > If I understood maxy's comment correctly, the package is up for grabs.
> > So the questions is whether you want to maintain it as part of the team
> > or not.
>
> Yes, I do. I'm not a DD, so I will need somebody to sponsor package
> uploads or to
> whitelist my uploads.
Feel free to ping me once you have moved everything to the multimedia
team repos and have some something ready to review.

Cheers
--
Sebastian Ramacher