Advocacy for Diane Trout

Lisandro Damián Nicanor Pérez Meyer-4
Hello,

I advocate Diane Trout to become Debian Developer, uploading.

The current status of Diane Trout is Debian Maintainer.

Advocacy text:

I want to advocate Diane as DD, uploading. I have the pleasure to work with Diane within the Qt/KDE team for at least two years now.

On the technical side she has been maintaining the KDE Telepathy stack for quite some time now as a DM, and even handling C++ libs (with symbols, SONAME changes, etc). She even has become an upstream for the project.

But technical skills are not enough, she also has showed to have very nice social skills to work within the team. She has not hesitated to ask for help if in doubt and help others when possible.

She has showed that she can be trusted to become an uploading DD.

Lisandro Damián Nicanor Pérez Meyer (via nm.debian.org)

Re: Advocacy for Diane Trout

Scott Kitterman-5
On Tuesday, October 21, 2014 20:38:21 Lisandro Damixe1n Nicanor Pxe9rez Meyer
via nm wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I advocate Diane Trout to become Debian Developer, uploading.
>
> The current status of Diane Trout is Debian Maintainer.
>
> Advocacy text:
>
> I want to advocate Diane as DD, uploading. I have the pleasure to work with
> Diane within the Qt/KDE team for at least two years now.
>
> On the technical side she has been maintaining the KDE Telepathy stack for
> quite some time now as a DM, and even handling C++ libs (with symbols,
> SONAME changes, etc). She even has become an upstream for the project.
>
> But technical skills are not enough, she also has showed to have very nice
> social skills to work within the team. She has not hesitated to ask for
> help if in doubt and help others when possible.
>
> She has showed that she can be trusted to become an uploading DD.
>
> Lisandro Damián Nicanor Pérez Meyer (via nm.debian.org)

Yes.  Definitely.

In addition to the above, I've had the pleasure of having Diane's
contributions to a python based project where I'm upstream and in that context
her contribution was technically correct and very useful and she was a
pleasure to work with.

Scott K

Aw: Advocacy for Diane Trout

Steffen Möller

> Gesendet: Dienstag, 21. Oktober 2014 um 22:38 Uhr
> Von: "Lisandro Dami\\xe1n Nicanor P\\xe9rez Meyer via nm" <[hidden email]>
> An: [hidden email]
> Cc: "Diane Trout" <[hidden email]>, [hidden email], [hidden email]
> Betreff: Advocacy for Diane Trout
>
> Hello,
>
> I advocate Diane Trout to become Debian Developer, uploading.
>
> The current status of Diane Trout is Debian Maintainer.
>
> Advocacy text:
>
> I want to advocate Diane as DD, uploading. I have the pleasure to work with Diane within the Qt/KDE team for at least two years now.
>
> On the technical side she has been maintaining the KDE Telepathy stack for quite some time now as a DM, and even handling C++ libs (with symbols, SONAME changes, etc). She even has become an upstream for the project.
>
> But technical skills are not enough, she also has showed to have very nice social skills to work within the team. She has not hesitated to ask for help if in doubt and help others when possible.
>
> She has showed that she can be trusted to become an uploading DD.
>
> Lisandro Damián Nicanor Pérez Meyer (via nm.debian.org)

And I was deeply impressed by her contributions to Debian Med. Yes, please let her in.

Steffen