Akonadi does not start

Rainer Dorsch-2
Hi,

I just discovered another issue after running buster (copying the home directories from a stretch installation):

For one account akonadi does not work properly, there seems to be a mysql issue:

org.kde.pim.akonadiserver: DATABASE ERROR:
org.kde.pim.akonadiserver:   Error code: "2013"
org.kde.pim.akonadiserver:   DB error:  "Lost connection to MySQL server during query"
org.kde.pim.akonadiserver:   Error text: "Lost connection to MySQL server during query QMYSQL3: Unable to execute statement"

Full log is here:

https://scw.bokomoko.de/~rd/akonadi.log

It is surprising though that akonadi works on other accounts which are also configured to use the mysql driver :-/

Any input is welcome.

Thanks
Rainer

Re: Akonadi does not start

Sandro Knauß-5
Hey,

it may be an issue with AppArmor - some people had issues with that.

well the best would be to try to start the mysql db by hand and see if mysql
itself complains about the data:

/usr/sbin/mysqld --defaults-file=~/.local/share/akonadi/mysql.conf
--datadir=~/.local/share/akonadi/db_data/ --socket=/tmp/test-mysql.socket --
pid-file=/tmp/test-mysql.pid

than you can connect to the database via to execute staements and test if it
is running:

mysql --defaults-file=~/.local/share/akonadi/mysql.conf --socket=/tmp/test-
mysql.socket

to stop mysql run:
mysqladmin --defaults-file=~/.local/share/akonadi/mysql.conf --socket=/tmp/
test-mysql.socket shutdown

hefee