Akonadi does not start

Rainer Dorsch-2
Hi,

I just discovered another issue after running buster (copying the home directories from a stretch installation):

For one account akonadi does not work properly, there seems to be a mysql issue:

org.kde.pim.akonadiserver: DATABASE ERROR:
org.kde.pim.akonadiserver:   Error code: "2013"
org.kde.pim.akonadiserver:   DB error:  "Lost connection to MySQL server during query"
org.kde.pim.akonadiserver:   Error text: "Lost connection to MySQL server during query QMYSQL3: Unable to execute statement"

Full log is here:

https://scw.bokomoko.de/~rd/akonadi.log

It is surprising though that akonadi works on other accounts which are also configured to use the mysql driver :-/

Any input is welcome.

Thanks
Rainer

Re: Akonadi does not start

Sandro Knauß-5
Hey,

it may be an issue with AppArmor - some people had issues with that.

well the best would be to try to start the mysql db by hand and see if mysql
itself complains about the data:

/usr/sbin/mysqld --defaults-file=~/.local/share/akonadi/mysql.conf
--datadir=~/.local/share/akonadi/db_data/ --socket=/tmp/test-mysql.socket --
pid-file=/tmp/test-mysql.pid

than you can connect to the database via to execute staements and test if it
is running:

mysql --defaults-file=~/.local/share/akonadi/mysql.conf --socket=/tmp/test-
mysql.socket

to stop mysql run:
mysqladmin --defaults-file=~/.local/share/akonadi/mysql.conf --socket=/tmp/
test-mysql.socket shutdown

hefee

On Montag, 14. Mai 2018 09:28:37 CEST [hidden email] wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I just discovered another issue after running buster (copying the home
> directories from a stretch installation):
>
> For one account akonadi does not work properly, there seems to be a mysql
> issue:
>
> org.kde.pim.akonadiserver: DATABASE ERROR:
> org.kde.pim.akonadiserver:   Error code: "2013"
> org.kde.pim.akonadiserver:   DB error:  "Lost connection to MySQL server
> during query" org.kde.pim.akonadiserver:   Error text: "Lost connection to
> MySQL server during query QMYSQL3: Unable to execute statement"
>
> Full log is here:
>
> https://scw.bokomoko.de/~rd/akonadi.log
>
> It is surprising though that akonadi works on other accounts which are also
> configured to use the mysql driver :-/
>
> Any input is welcome.

Re: Akonadi does not start

Rainer Dorsch-2
Hi hefee,

thanks for your suggestions. I already deleted

~/.local/share/akonadi and ~/.config/akonadi

I have probably now some stale data lying around, e.g.

rd@b370:~/.config$ ls -l akonadi_*
-rw------- 1 rd users    70 Apr 14  2017 akonadi_akonotes_resource_0rc
-rw------- 1 rd users    56 Apr 14  2017 akonadi_akonotes_resource_3rc
-rw------- 1 rd rd      200 Mai 14 08:41 akonadi_contactrc