Any info about http://www.goodbye-microsoft.com/

Dennis Wicks-2
Greetings;

I saw a regerence to http://www.goodbye-microsoft.com/ in a
recent email, but the site doesn't respond. I have tried
several different browsers but they all go into a "waiting
for reply" mode and nothing comes back.

Any info appreciated.

TIA,
Dennis

Re: Any info about http://www.goodbye-microsoft.com/

Cybe R. Wizard-3
Dennis Wicks <[hidden email]>  said:

> Greetings;
>
> I saw a regerence to http://www.goodbye-microsoft.com/ in a
> recent email, but the site doesn't respond. I have tried
> several different browsers but they all go into a "waiting
> for reply" mode and nothing comes back.
>
> Any info appreciated.
>
> TIA,
> Dennis

goodbye-microsoft.net

Cybe R. Wizard
--
Nice computers don't go down.
        Larry Niven, Steven Barnes

Re: Any info about http://www.goodbye-microsoft.com/

H.S.
Cybe R. Wizard wrote:

> Dennis Wicks <[hidden email]>  said:
>> Greetings;
>>
>> I saw a regerence to http://www.goodbye-microsoft.com/ in a
>> recent email, but the site doesn't respond. I have tried
>> several different browsers but they all go into a "waiting
>> for reply" mode and nothing comes back.
>>
>> Any info appreciated.
>>
>> TIA,
>> Dennis
>>

> goodbye-microsoft.net
>
> Cybe R. Wizard

This worked for me:
http://www.goodbyemicrosoft.net

ever having been read.

Re: Any info about http://www.goodbye-microsoft.com/

Kent West
Cybe R. Wizard wrote:

> Dennis Wicks <[hidden email]>  said:
>
>> Greetings;
>>
>> I saw a regerence to http://www.goodbye-microsoft.com/ in a
>> recent email, but the site doesn't respond. I have tried
>> several different browsers but they all go into a "waiting
>> for reply" mode and nothing comes back.
>>
>> Any info appreciated.
>>
>> TIA,
>> Dennis
>>

> goodbye-microsoft.net
>
> Cybe R. Wizard

I thought it was .com, which is not working for me at the moment. The
.net version does not work either. I suspect they're off-line
temporarily during the transition to Lenny, but that's just an
uneducated guess.

--
Kent West     <*)))><
http://kentwest.blogspot.com

H.S. wrote:

> Cybe R. Wizard wrote:
>
>> Dennis Wicks <[hidden email]>  said:
>>
>>> Greetings;
>>>
>>> I saw a regerence to http://www.goodbye-microsoft.com/ in a
>>> recent email, but the site doesn't respond. I have tried
>>> several different browsers but they all go into a "waiting
>>> for reply" mode and nothing comes back.
>>>
>>> Any info appreciated.
>>>
>>> TIA,
>>> Dennis
>>>

>> goodbye-microsoft.net
>>
>> Cybe R. Wizard
>>

> This worked for me:
> http://www.goodbyemicrosoft.net

Ah, but that's a different site (or VERY reworked in just a few days)
from the goodbye-microsoft.com site with which I'm more familiar. The
site with which I'm familiar allows a Windows user to install Debian
from within the browser without having to download installation media
(it installs a boot stub to the hard drive, which then begins the normal
net install). Very convenient.

--
Kent West     <*)))><
http://kentwest.blogspot.com

Re: Any info about http://www.goodbye-microsoft.com/

Bob Cox-5
On Thu, Feb 19, 2009 at 09:47:40 -0600, Cybe R. Wizard ([hidden email]) wrote:

> Dennis Wicks <[hidden email]>  said:
> > Greetings;
> >
> > I saw a regerence to http://www.goodbye-microsoft.com/ in a
> > recent email, but the site doesn't respond. I have tried
> > several different browsers but they all go into a "waiting
> > for reply" mode and nothing comes back.
> >
> > Any info appreciated.
> >
> > TIA,
> > Dennis
> >

> goodbye-microsoft.net

A whois says that domain is not even registered.

The OP's goodbye-microsoft.com does exist, accepts connections to port
80 but that's about as far as it goes.

However, the good news is that goodbyemicrosoft.net seems to work ok.

--
Bob Cox.  Stoke Gifford, near Bristol, UK.
Please reply to the list only.  Do NOT send copies directly to me.

Re: Any info about http://www.goodbye-microsoft.com/

Osamu Aoki
On Thu, Feb 19, 2009 at 04:22:50PM +0000, Bob Cox wrote:

> On Thu, Feb 19, 2009 at 09:47:40 -0600, Cybe R. Wizard ([hidden email]) wrote:
>
> > Dennis Wicks <[hidden email]>  said:
> > > Greetings;
> > >
> > > I saw a regerence to http://www.goodbye-microsoft.com/ in a
> > > recent email, but the site doesn't respond. I have tried
> > > several different browsers but they all go into a "waiting
> > > for reply" mode and nothing comes back.
> > >
> > > Any info appreciated.
> > >
> > > TIA,
> > > Dennis
> > >

> > goodbye-microsoft.net
>
> A whois says that domain is not even registered.
>
> The OP's goodbye-microsoft.com does exist, accepts connections to port
> 80 but that's about as far as it goes.

It seems they are back and working.  This is the site you want to go.

> However, the good news is that goodbyemicrosoft.net seems to work ok.

This http://goodbyemicrosoft.net seems different site.

Re: Any info about http://www.goodbye-microsoft.com/

Stefan Monnier
> I saw a regerence to http://www.goodbye-microsoft.com/ in a recent email,
> but the site doesn't respond. I have tried several different browsers but
> they all go into a "waiting for reply" mode and nothing comes back.

Works for me, maybe it was a temporary outage?

        Stefan

Re: Any info about http://www.goodbye-microsoft.com/

Paul Johnson
Dennis Wicks wrote:
> Greetings;
>
> I saw a regerence to http://www.goodbye-microsoft.com/ in a recent
> email, but the site doesn't respond. I have tried several different
> browsers but they all go into a "waiting for reply" mode and nothing
> comes back.

It seems to be working for me at the time of this writing...

Re: Any info about http://www.goodbye-microsoft.com/

Jimmy Johnson-8
Dennis Wicks wrote:
> Greetings;
>
> I saw a regerence to http://www.goodbye-microsoft.com/ in a recent
> email, but the site doesn't respond. I have tried several different
> browsers but they all go into a "waiting for reply" mode and nothing
> comes back.

> Any info appreciated.

> TIA,
> Dennis

If you know the file you are looking for (debian.exe) then you can
Google for it and make it easer to find.
--
Jimmy Johnson

Bakersfield, CA. U.S.A.
Registered Linux User #380263