Appointment of new members to the Technical Committee

Appointment of new members to the Technical Committee

Sam Hartman-5
After extensive consultation with the existing members of the Technical
Committee, invitations having been extended jointly by myself and the
Technical Committee to three Debian Developers who expressed interest in
serving[1], and having received a formal recommendation for the addition of
these developers by the Technical Committee, I hereby appoint:

* Steve Langasek <[hidden email]>
* Anthony Towns <[hidden email]>
* Andreas Barth <[hidden email]>

to the Debian Technical Committee.

I make this appointment per §6.2.2 of the Debian Constitution[2].

Steve, Anthony, and Andreas: thank you for your interest and willingness to
serve in this capacity.

Because the Debian Organizational Structure page[3] has not yet been
updated to reflect the earlier resignations of Wichert Akkerman, Jason
Gunthorpe, and Guy Maor from the Technical Committee[4], I offer the
following roster of current members as of the foregoing appointment:

* Ian Jackson <[hidden email]>, Chair
* Raul Miller <[hidden email]>
* Manoj Srivastava <[hidden email]>
* Bdale Garbee <[hidden email]>
* Steve Langasek <[hidden email]>
* Anthony Towns <[hidden email]>
* Andreas Barth <[hidden email]>

For more on the powers and responsibilities of the Technical Committee, see
§6 of the Debian Constitution[2].

[1] invitations were extended to four developers, but one refused
[2] http://www.debian.org/devel/constitution
[3] http://www.debian.org/intro/organization
[4] Message-ID: <[hidden email]>
    http://lists.debian.org/debian-ctte/2005/12/msg00028.html