Autoremoval mails for python-passlib

Mathias Behrle-10
Hi all,

I got this morning a whole bunch of autoremoval mails for the Tryton suite for
dependency python-passlib, see below.

That could be correct if the server (the only package using passlib) would use
that package. But the server package was converted to Python3 more than two
years ago:

https://salsa.debian.org/tryton-team/tryton-server/-/commit/c22d768dbe55a3293d7d9dba6116972c5218aa9d

and *never ever* used python-passlib, but directly python3-passlib introduced in

https://salsa.debian.org/tryton-team/tryton-server/-/commit/800d66af286fae3c920aa8a264c6f2a1146f614a

Can someone tell me what is going on here?

Cheers
Mathias

   tryton-meta: buggy deps python-passlib, flagged for removal in 29.2 days
   tryton-modules-account-asset: buggy deps python-passlib, flagged for removal in 29.2 days
   tryton-modules-account-be: buggy deps python-passlib, flagged for removal in 29.2 days
   tryton-modules-account-credit-limit: buggy deps python-passlib, flagged for removal in 29.2 days
   tryton-modules-account-de-skr03: buggy deps python-passlib, flagged for removal in 29.2 days
   tryton-modules-account-deposit: buggy deps python-passlib, flagged for removal in 29.2 days
   tryton-modules-account-dunning-email: buggy deps python-passlib, flagged for removal in 29.2 days
   tryton-modules-account-dunning-fee: buggy deps python-passlib, flagged for removal in 29.2 days
   tryton-modules-account-dunning-letter: buggy deps python-passlib, flagged for removal in 29.2 days
   tryton-modules-account-dunning: buggy deps python-passlib, flagged for removal in 29.2 days
   tryton-modules-account-es: buggy deps python-passlib, flagged for removal in 29.2 days
   tryton-modules-account-eu: buggy deps python-passlib, flagged for removal in 29.2 days
   tryton-modules-account-fr-chorus: buggy deps python-passlib, flagged for removal in 29.2 days
   tryton-modules-account-fr: buggy deps python-passlib, flagged for removal in 29.2 days
   tryton-modules-account-invoice-history: buggy deps python-passlib, flagged for removal in 29.2 days
   tryton-modules-account-invoice-line-standalone: buggy deps python-passlib, flagged for removal in 29.2 days
   tryton-modules-account-invoice-stock: buggy deps python-passlib, flagged for removal in 29.2 days
   tryton-modules-account-invoice: buggy deps python-passlib, flagged for removal in 29.2 days
   tryton-modules-account-payment-clearing: buggy deps python-passlib, flagged for removal in 29.2 days
   tryton-modules-account-payment-sepa-cfonb: buggy deps python-passlib, flagged for removal in 29.2 days
   tryton-modules-account-payment-sepa: buggy deps python-passlib, flagged for removal in 29.2 days
   tryton-modules-account-payment: buggy deps python-passlib, flagged for removal in 29.2 days
   tryton-modules-account-product: buggy deps python-passlib, flagged for removal in 29.2 days
   tryton-modules-account-statement: buggy deps python-passlib, flagged for removal in 29.2 days
   tryton-modules-account-stock-anglo-saxon: buggy deps python-passlib, flagged for removal in 29.2 days
   tryton-modules-account-stock-continental: buggy deps python-passlib, flagged for removal in 29.2 days
   tryton-modules-account-stock-landed-cost-weight: buggy deps python-passlib, flagged for removal in 29.2 days
   tryton-modules-account-stock-landed-cost: buggy deps python-passlib, flagged for removal in 29.2 days
   tryton-modules-account-tax-rule-country: buggy deps python-passlib, flagged for removal in 29.2 days
   tryton-modules-account: buggy deps python-passlib, flagged for removal in 29.2 days
   tryton-modules-analytic-account: buggy deps python-passlib, flagged for removal in 29.2 days
   tryton-modules-analytic-invoice: buggy deps python-passlib, flagged for removal in 29.2 days
   tryton-modules-analytic-purchase: buggy deps python-passlib, flagged for removal in 29.2 days
   tryton-modules-analytic-sale: buggy deps python-passlib, flagged for removal in 29.2 days
   tryton-modules-authentication-sms: buggy deps python-passlib, flagged for removal in 29.2 days
   tryton-modules-bank: buggy deps python-passlib, flagged for removal in 29.2 days
   tryton-modules-carrier-percentage: buggy deps python-passlib, flagged for removal in 29.2 days
   tryton-modules-carrier-weight: buggy deps python-passlib, flagged for removal in 29.2 days
   tryton-modules-carrier: buggy deps python-passlib, flagged for removal in 29.2 days
   tryton-modules-commission-waiting: buggy deps python-passlib, flagged for removal in 29.2 days
   tryton-modules-commission: buggy deps python-passlib, flagged for removal in 29.2 days
   tryton-modules-company-work-time: buggy deps python-passlib, flagged for removal in 29.2 days
   tryton-modules-company: buggy deps python-passlib, flagged for removal in 29.2 days
   tryton-modules-country: buggy deps python-passlib, flagged for removal in 29.2 days
   tryton-modules-currency: buggy deps python-passlib, flagged for removal in 29.2 days
   tryton-modules-customs: buggy deps python-passlib, flagged for removal in 29.2 days
   tryton-modules-dashboard: buggy deps python-passlib, flagged for removal in 29.2 days
   tryton-modules-edocument-uncefact: buggy deps python-passlib, flagged for removal in 29.2 days
   tryton-modules-edocument-unece: buggy deps python-passlib, flagged for removal in 29.2 days
   tryton-modules-google-maps: buggy deps python-passlib, flagged for removal in 29.2 days
   tryton-modules-ldap-authentication: buggy deps python-passlib, flagged for removal in 29.2 days
   tryton-modules-notification-email: buggy deps python-passlib, flagged for removal in 29.2 days
   tryton-modules-party-relationship: buggy deps python-passlib, flagged for removal in 29.2 days
   tryton-modules-party-siret: buggy deps python-passlib, flagged for removal in 29.2 days
   tryton-modules-party: buggy deps python-passlib, flagged for removal in 29.2 days
   tryton-modules-product-attribute: buggy deps python-passlib, flagged for removal in 29.2 days
   tryton-modules-product-classification-taxonomic: buggy deps python-passlib, flagged for removal in 29.2 days
   tryton-modules-product-classification: buggy deps python-passlib, flagged for removal in 29.2 days
   tryton-modules-product-cost-fifo: buggy deps python-passlib, flagged for removal in 29.2 days
   tryton-modules-product-cost-history: buggy deps python-passlib, flagged for removal in 29.2 days
   tryton-modules-product-measurements: buggy deps python-passlib, flagged for removal in 29.2 days
   tryton-modules-product-price-list: buggy deps python-passlib, flagged for removal in 29.2 days
   tryton-modules-product: buggy deps python-passlib, flagged for removal in 29.2 days
   tryton-modules-production-routing: buggy deps python-passlib, flagged for removal in 29.2 days
   tryton-modules-production-work: buggy deps python-passlib, flagged for removal in 29.2 days
   tryton-modules-production: buggy deps python-passlib, flagged for removal in 29.2 days
   tryton-modules-project-invoice: buggy deps python-passlib, flagged for removal in 29.2 days
   tryton-modules-project-plan: buggy deps python-passlib, flagged for removal in 29.2 days
   tryton-modules-project-revenue: buggy deps python-passlib, flagged for removal in 29.2 days
   tryton-modules-project: buggy deps python-passlib, flagged for removal in 29.2 days
   tryton-modules-purchase-invoice-line-standalone: buggy deps python-passlib, flagged for removal in 29.2 days
   tryton-modules-purchase-request: buggy deps python-passlib, flagged for removal in 29.2 days
   tryton-modules-purchase-shipment-cost: buggy deps python-passlib, flagged for removal in 29.2 days
   tryton-modules-purchase: buggy deps python-passlib, flagged for removal in 29.2 days
   tryton-modules-sale-complaint: buggy deps python-passlib, flagged for removal in 29.2 days
   tryton-modules-sale-credit-limit: buggy deps python-passlib, flagged for removal in 29.2 days
   tryton-modules-sale-extra: buggy deps python-passlib, flagged for removal in 29.2 days
   tryton-modules-sale-invoice-grouping: buggy deps python-passlib, flagged for removal in 29.2 days
   tryton-modules-sale-opportunity: buggy deps python-passlib, flagged for removal in 29.2 days
   tryton-modules-sale-price-list: buggy deps python-passlib, flagged for removal in 29.2 days
   tryton-modules-sale-promotion: buggy deps python-passlib, flagged for removal in 29.2 days
   tryton-modules-sale-shipment-cost: buggy deps python-passlib, flagged for removal in 29.2 days
   tryton-modules-sale-shipment-grouping: buggy deps python-passlib, flagged for removal in 29.2 days
   tryton-modules-sale-stock-quantity: buggy deps python-passlib, flagged for removal in 29.2 days
   tryton-modules-sale-subscription: buggy deps python-passlib, flagged for removal in 29.2 days
   tryton-modules-sale-supply-drop-shipment: buggy deps python-passlib, flagged for removal in 29.2 days
   tryton-modules-sale-supply: buggy deps python-passlib, flagged for removal in 29.2 days
   tryton-modules-sale: buggy deps python-passlib, flagged for removal in 29.2 days
   tryton-modules-stock-forecast: buggy deps python-passlib, flagged for removal in 29.2 days
   tryton-modules-stock-inventory-location: buggy deps python-passlib, flagged for removal in 29.2 days
   tryton-modules-stock-location-sequence: buggy deps python-passlib, flagged for removal in 29.2 days
   tryton-modules-stock-lot-sled: buggy deps python-passlib, flagged for removal in 29.2 days
   tryton-modules-stock-lot: buggy deps python-passlib, flagged for removal in 29.2 days
   tryton-modules-stock-package-shipping-dpd: buggy deps python-passlib, flagged for removal in 29.2 days
   tryton-modules-stock-package-shipping-ups: buggy deps python-passlib, flagged for removal in 29.2 days
   tryton-modules-stock-package-shipping: buggy deps python-passlib, flagged for removal in 29.2 days
   tryton-modules-stock-package: buggy deps python-passlib, flagged for removal in 29.2 days
   tryton-modules-stock-product-location: buggy deps python-passlib, flagged for removal in 29.2 days
   tryton-modules-stock-shipment-measurements: buggy deps python-passlib, flagged for removal in 29.2 days
   tryton-modules-stock-split: buggy deps python-passlib, flagged for removal in 29.2 days
   tryton-modules-stock-supply-day: buggy deps python-passlib, flagged for removal in 29.2 days
   tryton-modules-stock-supply-forecast: buggy deps python-passlib, flagged for removal in 29.2 days
   tryton-modules-stock-supply-production: buggy deps python-passlib, flagged for removal in 29.2 days
   tryton-modules-stock-supply: buggy deps python-passlib, flagged for removal in 29.2 days
   tryton-modules-stock: buggy deps python-passlib, flagged for removal in 29.2 days
   tryton-modules-timesheet-cost: buggy deps python-passlib, flagged for removal in 29.2 days
   tryton-modules-timesheet: buggy deps python-passlib, flagged for removal in 29.2 days
   tryton-server: buggy deps python-passlib, flagged for removal in 29.2 days

--

    Mathias Behrle
    PGP/GnuPG key availabable from any keyserver, ID: 0xD6D09BE48405BBF6
    AC29 7E5C 46B9 D0B6 1C71  7681 D6D0 9BE4 8405 BBF6

Re: Autoremoval mails for python-passlib

Sebastian Ramacher-3
On 2020-03-28 10:01:29, Mathias Behrle wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I got this morning a whole bunch of autoremoval mails for the Tryton suite for
> dependency python-passlib, see below.
>
> That could be correct if the server (the only package using passlib) would use
> that package. But the server package was converted to Python3 more than two
> years ago:
>
> https://salsa.debian.org/tryton-team/tryton-server/-/commit/c22d768dbe55a3293d7d9dba6116972c5218aa9d
>
> and *never ever* used python-passlib, but directly python3-passlib introduced in
>
> https://salsa.debian.org/tryton-team/tryton-server/-/commit/800d66af286fae3c920aa8a264c6f2a1146f614a
>
> Can someone tell me what is going on here?
python-passlib and python3-passlib are built from the same source
package src:python-passlib. If the package is flaged for autoremoval,
this affects reverse dependencies of both packages, so also the reverse
dependencies of python3-passlib.

Cheers

> [...]
>    tryton-modules-stock-supply-production: buggy deps python-passlib, flagged for removal in 29.2 days
>    tryton-modules-stock-supply: buggy deps python-passlib, flagged for removal in 29.2 days
>    tryton-modules-stock: buggy deps python-passlib, flagged for removal in 29.2 days
>    tryton-modules-timesheet-cost: buggy deps python-passlib, flagged for removal in 29.2 days
>    tryton-modules-timesheet: buggy deps python-passlib, flagged for removal in 29.2 days
>    tryton-server: buggy deps python-passlib, flagged for removal in 29.2 days
>
> --
>
>     Mathias Behrle
>     PGP/GnuPG key availabable from any keyserver, ID: 0xD6D09BE48405BBF6
>     AC29 7E5C 46B9 D0B6 1C71  7681 D6D0 9BE4 8405 BBF6

--
Sebastian Ramacher

Re: Autoremoval mails for python-passlib

* Sebastian Ramacher: " Re: Autoremoval mails for python-passlib" (Sat, 28 Mar
  2020 10:25:47 +0100):

> On 2020-03-28 10:01:29, Mathias Behrle wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I got this morning a whole bunch of autoremoval mails for the Tryton suite
> > for dependency python-passlib, see below.
> >
> > That could be correct if the server (the only package using passlib) would
> > use that package. But the server package was converted to Python3 more than
> > two years ago:
> >
> > https://salsa.debian.org/tryton-team/tryton-server/-/commit/c22d768dbe55a3293d7d9dba6116972c5218aa9d
> >
> > and *never ever* used python-passlib, but directly python3-passlib
> > introduced in
> >
> > https://salsa.debian.org/tryton-team/tryton-server/-/commit/800d66af286fae3c920aa8a264c6f2a1146f614a
> >
> > Can someone tell me what is going on here?
>
> python-passlib and python3-passlib are built from the same source
> package src:python-passlib. If the package is flaged for autoremoval,
> this affects reverse dependencies of both packages, so also the reverse
> dependencies of python3-passlib.

Thanks for the explanation. While the message

buggy deps python-passlib

is quite misleading I see the package was just fixed.

Cheers

--

    Mathias Behrle ✧ Debian Developer