Boot from External HDD

lawrencelow

Dear Sir/Madam,

I tried to install Windows XP onto my External USB HDD but failed.  HDD can be recognised during installation but would not boot up when installation ends.  I want to install Windows XP onto the External USB HDD in order to boot it up in any system to recover data files.  Kindly advise.  Thank you.

Regards,
Lawrence Low

6539-1870 (O)
9203-1017 (P)

The most effective way to achieve right relations with any
living thing is to look for the best in it, and then help that
best into the fullest expression.

*Allen J. Boone {American Author}

Modem and sound in Thinkpad 600

Hector Scaramelli
Hi People,

I installed Sarge 2.6.8-2-386.
I need advise on how to make the sound and modem work.
'modprobe mvave' came up with
FATAL: Error inserting mwave
(/lib/modules/2.6.8-2-386/kernel/drivers/char/mwave/mwave.ko):
Input/output error

Any help greatly appt'ed

Hector

Re: Boot from External HDD

marelin

sed 's/Windows XP/Debian GNU\/Linux/g'  and you're fine.