CoolReader 3.X is free open-source multiplatform version under active development.
Common features, for all platforms:
- epub (non-DRM), fb2, txt, rtf, html, chm, tcr, doc, pdb formats supported
- Pages or scroll view
- Table of contents
- Text search
- Hyphenation dictionaries
- Most complete FB2 format support: styles, tables, footnotes
- Additional fonts support (.ttf)
- Can read books from zip archives
- Automatic reformatting of .txt files (autodetect headings etc.)
- Styles can be customised in wide range using external CSS
I'm using this software from a local build and I'd like to add it to
Debian. On the other hand, I'm not sure I'll be able to finish this
until Buster release (as I have many bugs to solve on bash-completion
and I want to focus on them). So, if anyone has more time and would
like to work on the package, let's talk and I will be happy to
"transfer" the ITP.
> > License : GPL
> The F-Droid app page also states: "The default dictionary app is
> non-free." — So anyone who's looking at packaging Cool Reader for
> Debian proper should have a very close look at the licenses.
That and the fact that it probes the system for some libraries and
tools, and when it doesn't find them, it builds them. I still don't
know where it gets their source-code from (apparently not from the
internet), but I will check what's going on.