Bug#763081: ITP: python-pytest-django -- Django plugin for the py.test Python testing tool
Owner: Jan Dittberner <[hidden email]>
* Package name : python-pytest-django
Version : 2.6.2
Upstream Author : Ben Firshman, Andreas Pelme and contributors
* URL : https://github.com/pelme/pytest_django * License : BSD
Programming Lang: Python
Description : Django plugin for the py.test Python testing tool
pytest-django is a plugin for pytest that provides a set of useful tools for
testing Django applications and projects.
Running the test suite with pytest offers some features that are not present in Djangos standard test mechanism:
* Less boilerplate: no need to import unittest, create a subclass with
methods. Just write tests as regular functions.
* Manage test dependencies with fixtures
* Database re-use: no need to re-create the test database for every test
* Run tests in multiple processes for increased speed
* There are a lot of other nice plugins available for pytest.
* Easy switching: Existing unittest-style tests will still work without any
I plan to maintain the package under the umbrella of the DPMT. The package
is a dependency to implement build time testing for python-django-braces