Bug#784316: Please do not remove hoauth

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
3 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Bug#784316: Please do not remove hoauth

John Goerzen-3
Hello folks,

I know I have had no time to work on my Haskell packages in awhile - but
I am working to get them all into shape.

Bug 784316 requested twidge upgrade to hoauth2.  Unfortunately, twitter
is still using OAuth 1.0A [1].  A request to support it in the hoauth2
library was rejected for this reason. [2]   Therefore, hoauth is still
required for building a twitter client, and therefore is still required
for twidge.

The other fixes required are mostly trivial and I hope to fix the
remaining items and add a number of features in the coming days as well.

Can we, therefore, keep hoauth in sid?

Thanks,

John

[1] https://dev.twitter.com/oauth

[2] https://github.com/freizl/hoauth2/issues/18

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Bug#784316: Please do not remove hoauth

Joachim Breitner
Hi John,

nice to hear from you again.

Am Montag, den 30.05.2016, 15:40 -0500 schrieb John Goerzen:

> Hello folks,
>
> I know I have had no time to work on my Haskell packages in awhile - but
> I am working to get them all into shape.
>
> Bug 784316 requested twidge upgrade to hoauth2.  Unfortunately, twitter
> is still using OAuth 1.0A [1].  A request to support it in the hoauth2
> library was rejected for this reason. [2]   Therefore, hoauth is still
> required for building a twitter client, and therefore is still required
> for twidge.
>
> The other fixes required are mostly trivial and I hope to fix the
> remaining items and add a number of features in the coming days as well.
>
> Can we, therefore, keep hoauth in sid?
hmm, according to https://packages.qa.debian.org/h/hoauth.html you are
5 days too late to ask this.

Of course it can still be added back. I would be happier, though, if it
(hand twidge) were to enter stackage as well, as this gives us better
QA. It’s easy to do: http://www.stackage.org/authors

Greetings,
Joachim

PS: Happy landings from a fellow air-traveler (though unmotorized –
paragliding).


--
Joachim “nomeata” Breitner
Debian Developer
  [hidden email]https://people.debian.org/~nomeata
  XMPP: [hidden email] • GPG-Key: 0xF0FBF51F
  https://www.joachim-breitner.de/

signature.asc (836 bytes) Download Attachment
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Bug#784316: Please do not remove hoauth

John Goerzen-3


On 05/30/2016 04:50 PM, Joachim Breitner wrote:
> Am Montag, den 30.05.2016, 15:40 -0500 schrieb John Goerzen:
>>
>> Can we, therefore, keep hoauth in sid?
>
> hmm, according to https://packages.qa.debian.org/h/hoauth.html you are
> 5 days too late to ask this.

DOH!  Right you are.  Rats.

>
> Of course it can still be added back. I would be happier, though, if it
> (hand twidge) were to enter stackage as well, as this gives us better
> QA. It’s easy to do: http://www.stackage.org/authors

Just to be sure before I submit my pull request: is it OK, and
necessary, for me to add hoauth there as well as twidge, even though I
am neither author nor maintainer of hoauth?

Thanks!


>
> Greetings,
> Joachim
>
> PS: Happy landings from a fellow air-traveler (though unmotorized –
> paragliding).

Wow, sweet.  We need #debian-pilots I guess.  I am impressed that it
hasn't sucked away so much of your Debian time as it has for me :-)

John