Bug#785737: RFS: haxe/1:3.0.0~svn6707+dfsg-1 [ITA,RC]

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
6 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Bug#785737: RFS: haxe/1:3.0.0~svn6707+dfsg-1 [ITA,RC]

Gabriele Giacone-3
Package: sponsorship-requests
Severity: important

  Dear mentors,

  I am looking for a sponsor for my package "haxe"

 * Package name    : haxe
   Version         : 1:3.0.0~svn6707+dfsg-1
   Upstream Author : Nicolas Cannasse <ncannasse at motion-twin.com>
 * URL             : http://haxe.org
 * License         : GPL-2+
   Section         : devel

  It builds those binary packages:

    haxe  - Web-oriented universal programming language

  DSC: http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/h/haxe/haxe_3.0.0~svn6707+dfsg-1.dsc
  Git repo: https://anonscm.debian.org/cgit/collab-maint/haxe.git

  Changes since the last upload:

 haxe (1:3.0.0~svn6707+dfsg-1) unstable; urgency=medium

  * Adopt as Debian Flash Team.
    + Set maintainer to Debian Flash team, add myself to uploaders.
  * Set Vcs-* fields to updated collab-maint git repo.
  * Replace jquery-latest.min.js and swfobject.js with symlinks to system ones.
    + Remove sourceless files from upstream tarball (Closes: #736596).
    + Add libjs-jquery and libjs-swfobject runtime dependencies.
  * Bump Standards-Version to 3.9.6 (no changes).

Thanks,
--
G..e


--
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to [hidden email]
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact [hidden email]
Archive: https://lists.debian.org/20150519180445.GA16362@jessie01

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Bug#785737: RFS: haxe/1:3.0.0~svn6707+dfsg-1 [ITA,RC]

Jean-Michel Vourgère-2
Hello

Gabriele Giacone wrote:
>  haxe (1:3.0.0~svn6707+dfsg-1) unstable; urgency=medium
>
>   * Adopt as Debian Flash Team.
>     + Set maintainer to Debian Flash team, add myself to uploaders.
>   * Set Vcs-* fields to updated collab-maint git repo.
>   * Replace jquery-latest.min.js and swfobject.js with symlinks to system ones.
>     + Remove sourceless files from upstream tarball (Closes: #736596).
>     + Add libjs-jquery and libjs-swfobject runtime dependencies.
>   * Bump Standards-Version to 3.9.6 (no changes).

You added a +dfsg suffix. Good.

However, lintian is complaining about the +dfsg :
debian-watch-file-should-mangle-version.

You should update the watch file to match your change.
Please also look at repacksuffix in uscan(1).

When removing some non-free files, you should provide a get-orig-source
target in your rules file. The easiest way to remove files is to use a
DEP5 formated copyright file and to have a line Files-Excluded:. See
uscan(1).


Everything else is ok to me.

It's nice that package finally fond an adoption team. :)


--
Nirgal


--
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to [hidden email]
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact [hidden email]
Archive: https://lists.debian.org/555F0438.6050000@...

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Bug#785737: RFS: haxe/1:3.0.0~svn6707+dfsg-1 [ITA,RC]

Gabriele Giacone-3
On Fri, May 22, 2015 at 10:26:00AM +0000, Jean-Michel Vourgère wrote:
> Hello

Hi, thanks for reviewing.
 

> Gabriele Giacone wrote:
> >  haxe (1:3.0.0~svn6707+dfsg-1) unstable; urgency=medium
> >
> >   * Adopt as Debian Flash Team.
> >     + Set maintainer to Debian Flash team, add myself to uploaders.
> >   * Set Vcs-* fields to updated collab-maint git repo.
> >   * Replace jquery-latest.min.js and swfobject.js with symlinks to system ones.
> >     + Remove sourceless files from upstream tarball (Closes: #736596).
> >     + Add libjs-jquery and libjs-swfobject runtime dependencies.
> >   * Bump Standards-Version to 3.9.6 (no changes).
>
> You added a +dfsg suffix. Good.
>
> However, lintian is complaining about the +dfsg :
> debian-watch-file-should-mangle-version.

Fixed, pushed, re-uploaded.
 
> You should update the watch file to match your change.
> Please also look at repacksuffix in uscan(1).
>
> When removing some non-free files, you should provide a get-orig-source
> target in your rules file. The easiest way to remove files is to use a
> DEP5 formated copyright file and to have a line Files-Excluded:. See
> uscan(1).

Yeah I've just did it few days ago for ming, convenient.
 https://anonscm.debian.org/cgit/pkg-flash/ming.git/commit/?id=f7531971a4dd6f37520bc3fe66421e9bea8ed396

In this case, I've changed packaging as little as possible: no new
upstream release, no format 1.0 copyright, no Files-Excluded.
Mainly just to fix RC bug #736596.

> Everything else is ok to me.
>
> It's nice that package finally fond an adoption team. :)

Well, unfortunately lately team is just me, also without upload rights.
Haxe is not flash specific software but gnash testsuite depends on it.
No problem about moving it to collab-maint if preferred.

Thanks,
--
G..e


--
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to [hidden email]
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact [hidden email]
Archive: https://lists.debian.org/20150522111520.GA29662@jessie01

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Bug#785737: RFS: haxe/1:3.0.0~svn6707+dfsg-1 [ITA,RC]

Jean-Michel Vourgère-2
Hi

Gabriele Giacone wrote:

>> You added a +dfsg suffix. Good.
>>
>> However, lintian is complaining about the +dfsg :
>> debian-watch-file-should-mangle-version.
>
> Fixed, pushed, re-uploaded.
>  
>> You should update the watch file to match your change.
>> Please also look at repacksuffix in uscan(1).
>>
>> When removing some non-free files, you should provide a get-orig-source
>> target in your rules file. The easiest way to remove files is to use a
>> DEP5 formated copyright file and to have a line Files-Excluded:. See
>> uscan(1).
>
> Yeah I've just did it few days ago for ming, convenient.
>  https://anonscm.debian.org/cgit/pkg-flash/ming.git/commit/?id=f7531971a4dd6f37520bc3fe66421e9bea8ed396
>
> In this case, I've changed packaging as little as possible: no new
> upstream release, no format 1.0 copyright, no Files-Excluded.
> Mainly just to fix RC bug #736596.
> (...)

Cool, but I think your are missing my point.

Because you had to remove two files from the original tar ball, both
"d/rules get-orig-source" and uscan now returns an incorrect source
tarball, I mean it does contain the files you removed. I'm afraid I'm
uncomfortable with that.

Option 1/
Switch to dep5 with Files-Excluded:, remove the get-orig-source target.

Option 2/
Fix the get-orig-source target to remove the files you don't want from
the orig.tar.xz. Right now, it does not do that.
There are many example in existing packages:
https://codesearch.debian.net/results/repack.sh/page_0
Then, the watch file should contain the extra (2nd and) 3rd parameters
to call your repack script. See uscan(1).

Option 3/
At the very least, if you absolutely don't want options 1 or 2, it would
be nice to document that in a README.source file. See policy 4.14, item
4. I would remove the misleading get-orig-source target then.

Or am I missing something?

--
Nirgal


--
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to [hidden email]
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact [hidden email]
Archive: https://lists.debian.org/555F298C.9000102@...

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Bug#785737: RFS: haxe/1:3.0.0~svn6707+dfsg-1 [ITA,RC]

Gabriele Giacone-3
On Fri, May 22, 2015 at 01:05:16PM +0000, Jean-Michel Vourgère wrote:

> Cool, but I think your are missing my point.
>
> Because you had to remove two files from the original tar ball, both
> "d/rules get-orig-source" and uscan now returns an incorrect source
> tarball, I mean it does contain the files you removed. I'm afraid I'm
> uncomfortable with that.
>
> Option 1/
> Switch to dep5 with Files-Excluded:, remove the get-orig-source target.
>
> Option 2/
> Fix the get-orig-source target to remove the files you don't want from
> the orig.tar.xz. Right now, it does not do that.
> There are many example in existing packages:
> https://codesearch.debian.net/results/repack.sh/page_0
> Then, the watch file should contain the extra (2nd and) 3rd parameters
> to call your repack script. See uscan(1).
>
> Option 3/
> At the very least, if you absolutely don't want options 1 or 2, it would
> be nice to document that in a README.source file. See policy 4.14, item
> 4. I would remove the misleading get-orig-source target then.
>
> Or am I missing something?

Yeah, forgot to make files removal automatic somehow.
Switched to dep5. Pushed, reuploaded.

--
G..e


--
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to [hidden email]
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact [hidden email]
Archive: https://lists.debian.org/20150522145359.GA27927@jessie01

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Bug#785737: marked as done (RFS: haxe/1:3.0.0~svn6707+dfsg-1 [ITA,RC])

Debian Bug Tracking System
In reply to this post by Gabriele Giacone-3
Your message dated Sat, 23 May 2015 04:35:51 +0000
with message-id <[hidden email]>
and subject line closing RFS: haxe/1:3.0.0~svn6707+dfsg-1 [ITA,RC]
has caused the Debian Bug report #785737,
regarding RFS: haxe/1:3.0.0~svn6707+dfsg-1 [ITA,RC]
to be marked as done.

This means that you claim that the problem has been dealt with.
If this is not the case it is now your responsibility to reopen the
Bug report if necessary, and/or fix the problem forthwith.

(NB: If you are a system administrator and have no idea what this
message is talking about, this may indicate a serious mail system
misconfiguration somewhere. Please contact [hidden email]
immediately.)


--
785737: http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=785737
Debian Bug Tracking System
Contact [hidden email] with problems

Package: sponsorship-requests
Severity: important

  Dear mentors,

  I am looking for a sponsor for my package "haxe"

 * Package name    : haxe
   Version         : 1:3.0.0~svn6707+dfsg-1
   Upstream Author : Nicolas Cannasse <ncannasse at motion-twin.com>
 * URL             : http://haxe.org
 * License         : GPL-2+
   Section         : devel

  It builds those binary packages:

    haxe  - Web-oriented universal programming language

  DSC: http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/h/haxe/haxe_3.0.0~svn6707+dfsg-1.dsc
  Git repo: https://anonscm.debian.org/cgit/collab-maint/haxe.git

  Changes since the last upload:

 haxe (1:3.0.0~svn6707+dfsg-1) unstable; urgency=medium

  * Adopt as Debian Flash Team.
    + Set maintainer to Debian Flash team, add myself to uploaders.
  * Set Vcs-* fields to updated collab-maint git repo.
  * Replace jquery-latest.min.js and swfobject.js with symlinks to system ones.
    + Remove sourceless files from upstream tarball (Closes: #736596).
    + Add libjs-jquery and libjs-swfobject runtime dependencies.
  * Bump Standards-Version to 3.9.6 (no changes).

Thanks,
--
G..e

Package haxe version 1:3.0.0~svn6707+dfsg-1 is in unstable now.
http://packages.qa.debian.org/haxe