Bug#836770: efi-readvar: Claims 'No efivarfs filesystem is mounted', no idea why

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Bug#836770: efi-readvar: Claims 'No efivarfs filesystem is mounted', no idea why

Julian Andres Klode-4
Package: efitools
Version: 1.4.2-2
Severity: grave
File: /usr/bin/efi-readvar

The efivarfs part of the package is unusable:

root@jak-x230:~# mount | grep efi
efivarfs on /sys/firmware/efi/efivars type efivarfs (rw,relatime)
systemd-1 on /boot/efi type autofs (rw,relatime,fd=32,pgrp=1,timeout=10,minproto=5,maxproto=5,direct,pipe_ino=11388)
root@jak-x230:~# ls /sys/firmware/efi/efivars | grep PK
PK-8be4df61-93ca-11d2-aa0d-00e098032b8c
root@jak-x230:~# efi-readvar -v PK
No efivarfs filesystem is mounted


-- System Information:
Debian Release: stretch/sid
  APT prefers unstable
  APT policy: (900, 'unstable'), (500, 'unstable-debug'), (500, 'testing'), (100, 'experimental'), (1, 'experimental-debug')
Architecture: amd64 (x86_64)
Foreign Architectures: i386

Kernel: Linux 4.7.0-1-amd64 (SMP w/4 CPU cores)
Locale: LANG=en_IE.UTF-8, LC_CTYPE=en_IE.UTF-8 (charmap=UTF-8)
Shell: /bin/sh linked to /usr/bin/dash
Init: systemd (via /run/systemd/system)

Versions of packages efitools depends on:
ii  libc6        2.24-2
ii  libssl1.0.2  1.0.2h-1
ii  sbsigntool   0.6-3.1

efitools recommends no packages.

efitools suggests no packages.

-- no debconf information

--
Debian Developer - deb.li/jak | jak-linux.org - free software dev

When replying, only quote what is necessary, and write each reply
directly below the part(s) it pertains to (`inline'). Thank you.

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Bug#836770: efi-readvar: Claims 'No efivarfs filesystem is mounted', no idea why

Julian Andres Klode-4
Control: severity -1 important

On Mon, Sep 05, 2016 at 05:06:21PM +0200, Julian Andres Klode wrote:

> Package: efitools
> Version: 1.4.2-2
> Severity: grave
> File: /usr/bin/efi-readvar
>
> The efivarfs part of the package is unusable:
>
> root@jak-x230:~# mount | grep efi
> efivarfs on /sys/firmware/efi/efivars type efivarfs (rw,relatime)
> systemd-1 on /boot/efi type autofs (rw,relatime,fd=32,pgrp=1,timeout=10,minproto=5,maxproto=5,direct,pipe_ino=11388)
> root@jak-x230:~# ls /sys/firmware/efi/efivars | grep PK
> PK-8be4df61-93ca-11d2-aa0d-00e098032b8c
> root@jak-x230:~# efi-readvar -v PK
> No efivarfs filesystem is mounted
>

The rest of the package works OK (especially the EFI binaries), so
it seems wrong for this bug to be RC.

--
Debian Developer - deb.li/jak | jak-linux.org - free software dev
                  |  Ubuntu Core Developer |
When replying, only quote what is necessary, and write each reply
directly below the part(s) it pertains to ('inline').  Thank you.

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Bug#836770: (no subject)

Rian Hunter-3
In reply to this post by Julian Andres Klode-4
This bug has been fixed in upstream for ~4 years:
Message-ID: <151726856505.17087.10846960052117422510.reportbug@tomi>
X-Mailer: reportbug 6.6.6
Date: Mon, 29 Jan 2018 15:29:25 -0800

https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/jejb/efitools.git/commit/?id=9af07a90a3e2246be5a7d01e3a037cfa731eb5dc

This package is in dire need of an upstream update.

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Bug#836770: efi-readvar: Claims 'No efivarfs filesystem is mounted', no idea why

Luca Boccassi-3
In reply to this post by Julian Andres Klode-4
Control: close -1 1.8.1-1

On some date Rian Hunter <[hidden email]> wrote:
> This bug has been fixed in upstream for ~4 years: 
> Message-ID: <151726856505.17087.10846960052117422510.reportbug@tomi>
> X-Mailer: reportbug 6.6.6
> Date: Mon, 29 Jan 2018 15:29:25 -0800

> https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/jejb/efitools.git/com
mit/?id=9af07a90a3e2246be5a7d01e3a037cfa731eb5dc

> This package is in dire need of an upstream update.

Closing as the package has now been updated by Arnaud and this bug is
fixed.

--
Kind regards,
Luca Boccassi

signature.asc (499 bytes) Download Attachment