Bug#858294: libqt5gui5: No mouse wheel events in qt5 apps on powerpc BE

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
7 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Bug#858294: libqt5gui5: No mouse wheel events in qt5 apps on powerpc BE

Vladimir Berezenko-2
Package: libqt5gui5
Version: 5.7.1+dfsg-3+b1
Severity: important

Dear Maintainer,
Since the beginning all the qt5 apps are missing mouse wheel events.
Qt4 apps has those events, only qt5 ones missing.
The bug is on powerpc big-endian architectures



-- System Information:
Debian Release: 9.0
  APT prefers unstable
  APT policy: (990, 'unstable'), (500, 'testing'), (500, 'stable'), (1, 'experimental')
Architecture: powerpc (ppc64)

Kernel: Linux 4.9.13 (SMP w/4 CPU cores)
Locale: LANG=ru_RU.UTF-8, LC_CTYPE=ru_RU.UTF-8 (charmap=UTF-8)
Shell: /bin/sh linked to /bin/dash
Init: systemd (via /run/systemd/system)

Versions of packages libqt5gui5 depends on:
ii  fontconfig                       2.11.0-6.7+b1
ii  libc6                            2.24-9
ii  libdrm2                          2.4.74-1
ii  libegl1-mesa [libegl1-x11]       13.0.5-1
ii  libfontconfig1                   2.11.0-6.7+b1
ii  libfreetype6                     2.6.3-3+b2
ii  libgbm1                          13.0.5-1
ii  libgcc1                          1:6.3.0-9
ii  libgl1-mesa-glx [libgl1]         13.0.5-1
ii  libglib2.0-0                     2.50.3-1
ii  libharfbuzz0b                    1.4.2-1
ii  libice6                          2:1.0.9-2
ii  libinput10                       1.6.3-1
ii  libjpeg62-turbo                  1:1.5.1-2
ii  libmtdev1                        1.1.5-1+b1
ii  libpng16-16                      1.6.28-1
ii  libqt5core5a [qtbase-abi-5-7-1]  5.7.1+dfsg-3+b1
ii  libqt5dbus5                      5.7.1+dfsg-3+b1
ii  libqt5network5                   5.7.1+dfsg-3+b1
ii  libsm6                           2:1.2.2-1+b3
ii  libstdc++6                       6.3.0-9
ii  libudev1                         232-14
ii  libx11-6                         2:1.6.4-3
ii  libx11-xcb1                      2:1.6.4-3
ii  libxcb-glx0                      1.12-1
ii  libxcb-icccm4                    0.4.1-1
ii  libxcb-image0                    0.4.0-1+b2
ii  libxcb-keysyms1                  0.4.0-1+b2
ii  libxcb-randr0                    1.12-1
ii  libxcb-render-util0              0.3.9-1
ii  libxcb-render0                   1.12-1
ii  libxcb-shape0                    1.12-1
ii  libxcb-shm0                      1.12-1
ii  libxcb-sync1                     1.12-1
ii  libxcb-xfixes0                   1.12-1
ii  libxcb-xinerama0                 1.12-1
ii  libxcb-xkb1                      1.12-1
ii  libxcb1                          1.12-1
ii  libxi6                           2:1.7.9-1
ii  libxkbcommon-x11-0               0.7.1-1
ii  libxkbcommon0                    0.7.1-1
ii  zlib1g                           1:1.2.8.dfsg-5

Versions of packages libqt5gui5 recommends:
ii  libqt5svg5             5.7.1~20161021-2+b2
ii  mesa-utils             8.3.0-3
ii  qt5-gtk-platformtheme  5.7.1+dfsg-3+b1

Versions of packages libqt5gui5 suggests:
ii  qt5-image-formats-plugins  5.7.1~20161021-2
ii  qtwayland5                 5.7.1~20161021-2

-- no debconf information

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Bug#858294: Unreproducible, moreinfo needed

Lisandro Damián Nicanor Pérez Meyer-2
Control: tag -1 unreproducible moreinfo

Hi! I definitely can't reproduce this bug. Can you still reproduce it? Which
Qt version are you currently using?

Thanks, Lisandro.

--
Alas, I am dying beyond my means.
  Oscar Wilde, as he sipped champagne on his deathbed

Lisandro Damián Nicanor Pérez Meyer
http://perezmeyer.com.ar/
http://perezmeyer.blogspot.com/

signature.asc (849 bytes) Download Attachment
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Bug#858294: Unreproducible, moreinfo needed

Vladimir Berezenko-2
> Hi! I definitely can't reproduce this bug. Can you still reproduce it? Which
> Qt version are you currently using?

This is definitely reproducible. The current Qt5 version is 5.9.2-2 on my quad
G5, and 5.8.4 on G4 powerbook. Both machines are not reacting on mousewheel
events at all. I've tried KDE, LXQt. GTK2/3 apps are not affected at all.

--
WBR, Vladimir Berezenko

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Bug#858294: Unreproducible, moreinfo needed

Lisandro Damián Nicanor Pérez Meyer-2
El jueves, 29 de marzo de 2018 14:07:02 -03 Vladimir Berezenko escribió:
> > Hi! I definitely can't reproduce this bug. Can you still reproduce it?
> > Which Qt version are you currently using?
>
> This is definitely reproducible. The current Qt5 version is 5.9.2-2 on my
> quad G5, and 5.8.4 on G4 powerbook. Both machines are not reacting on
> mousewheel events at all. I've tried KDE, LXQt. GTK2/3 apps are not
> affected at all.

Well, this is totally strange, as the only report we have heard so far is from
you.

I understand that you tried on two machines. Just to be clear: have you tried
with a new user?

There is the chance that you might have configured something in the same way
in both machines. If you still can reproduce this bug with a new user then we
can file a bug upstream.

Actually you should do it yourself, as I don't have any ways of reproducing
this bug. Please file the upstream bug at https://bugreports.qt.io and then
please send the bug number here. I'll happily subscribe to the bug to follow
it and, if possible at all, help.

Thanks, Lisandro.

--
“If you want to finish university, you should take care about getting on
with the teachers. The result are submissive citizens that won’t face
authority even if they know they’re right, in order to avoid problems“
  Miriam Ruiz, http://www.miriamruiz.es/weblog/?p=187

Lisandro Damián Nicanor Pérez Meyer
http://perezmeyer.com.ar/
http://perezmeyer.blogspot.com/

signature.asc (849 bytes) Download Attachment
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Bug#858294: Unreproducible, moreinfo needed

Vladimir Berezenko-2
> > This is definitely reproducible. The current Qt5 version is 5.9.2-2 on my
> > quad G5, and 5.8.4 on G4 powerbook. Both machines are not reacting on
> > mousewheel events at all. I've tried KDE, LXQt. GTK2/3 apps are not
> > affected at all.
> Well, this is totally strange, as the only report we have heard so far is
> from you.

This might be because others are not using Qt5 at all. It's strange, but
understandable in case that newer Qt5 is using chromium as a web backend and
it is not compileable to anything except x86 and arm and this renders Qt5
almost unusable in modern cases.
 
> I understand that you tried on two machines. Just to be clear: have you
> tried with a new user?

The older installation on G5 is working the same in all users (tried new one).
The G4 installation on powerbook is the fresh one.

> There is the chance that you might have configured something in the same way
> in both machines. If you still can reproduce this bug with a new user then
> we can file a bug upstream.
Both installations are independent and on older one (G5 one) I've tried
several users.

> Actually you should do it yourself, as I don't have any ways of reproducing
> this bug. Please file the upstream bug at https://bugreports.qt.io and then
> please send the bug number here. I'll happily subscribe to the bug to follow
> it and, if possible at all, help.
Reading the bugs there I've found that it is possible that the problem is in
QXcbAtom::ButtonWheel* wrong detection. I'm yet unable to find how does Qt5
detects wheel buttons and where from it is getting the mouse events.
The xinput shows everything ok, and Qt4 and GTK2/3 apps all are using the
wheel perfectly
Regarding the bugreport. I should register on the site and when I will fill
bug report I'll attach it here.

--
WBR, Vladimir Berezenko

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Bug#858294: Unreproducible, moreinfo needed

Lisandro Damián Nicanor Pérez Meyer-2
In reply to this post by Vladimir Berezenko-2
forwarded 858294 https://bugreports.qt.io/browse/QTBUG-68380
tag 858294 - moreinfo
thanks

El miércoles, 11 de abril de 2018 18:11:25 -03 Vladimir Berezenko escribió:

> Lisandro Dami?n Nicanor P?rez Meyer wrote:
> > > This is definitely reproducible. The current Qt5 version is 5.9.2-2 on
> > > my
> > > quad G5, and 5.8.4 on G4 powerbook. Both machines are not reacting on
> > > mousewheel events at all. I've tried KDE, LXQt. GTK2/3 apps are not
> > > affected at all.
> >
> > Well, this is totally strange, as the only report we have heard so far is
> > from you.
>
> This might be because others are not using Qt5 at all. It's strange, but
> understandable in case that newer Qt5 is using chromium as a web backend and
> it is not compileable to anything except x86 and arm and this renders Qt5
> almost unusable in modern cases.
While I agree that using chromium is not a great idea I still have to mae the
point that there are lots of apps using Qt5 without the webengine submodule.
So I tstill think it's weird we have only heard this from you so far.

> > I understand that you tried on two machines. Just to be clear: have you
> > tried with a new user?
>
> The older installation on G5 is working the same in all users (tried new
> one). The G4 installation on powerbook is the fresh one.

ACK

> > There is the chance that you might have configured something in the same
> > way in both machines. If you still can reproduce this bug with a new user
> > then we can file a bug upstream.
>
> Both installations are independent and on older one (G5 one) I've tried
> several users.

ACK.

> > Actually you should do it yourself, as I don't have any ways of
> > reproducing
> > this bug. Please file the upstream bug at https://bugreports.qt.io and
> > then
> > please send the bug number here. I'll happily subscribe to the bug to
> > follow it and, if possible at all, help.
>
> Reading the bugs there I've found that it is possible that the problem is in
> QXcbAtom::ButtonWheel* wrong detection. I'm yet unable to find how does Qt5
> detects wheel buttons and where from it is getting the mouse events. The
> xinput shows everything ok, and Qt4 and GTK2/3 apps all are using the wheel
> perfectly
> Regarding the bugreport. I should register on the site and when I will fill
> bug report I'll attach it here.
Done, the URL is on the first line of the mail's body.

--
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic"
 Arthur C. Clarke

Lisandro Damián Nicanor Pérez Meyer
http://perezmeyer.com.ar/
http://perezmeyer.blogspot.com/

signature.asc (849 bytes) Download Attachment
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Bug#858294: Probably fixed in Qt 5.12

Lisandro Damián Nicanor Pérez Meyer-2
In reply to this post by Vladimir Berezenko-2
Control: tag -1 moreinfo

Hi! According to the upstream bug report this bug *might* be fixed in
Qt 512. This version is still in experimental at least until Buster is
released, but whenever you can give it a try, the better.

Thanks!

--
Lisandro Damián Nicanor Pérez Meyer
http://perezmeyer.com.ar/
http://perezmeyer.blogspot.com/