Your message dated Wed, 24 Apr 2019 10:38:23 +0000
with message-id <[hidden email]>
and subject line Bug#925071: fixed in openjdk-11 11.0.3+7-3
has caused the Debian Bug report #925071,
regarding openjdk-11-jre: please add Breaks: eclipse-platform (<< 3.8.1-11)
to be marked as done.
This means that you claim that the problem has been dealt with.
If this is not the case it is now your responsibility to reopen the
Bug report if necessary, and/or fix the problem forthwith.
(NB: If you are a system administrator and have no idea what this
message is talking about, this may indicate a serious mail system
misconfiguration somewhere. Please contact [hidden email] immediately.)
while analyzing piuparts stretch -> buster distupgrade tests, I found
some cases where packages from stretch were not upgraded to the new
version in buster, but the old version was kept installed instead.
This is usually caused by some obsolete packages not getting removed,
because they are part of a package group with a rather high score.
One such problematic group is the old eclipse stack from stretch that
prevents some java packages from being upgraded to buster if it does not
I successfully tested that adding
Breaks: eclipse-platform (<< 3.8.1-11)
to openjdk-11-jre fixes these upgrade paths. The old eclipse packages
get removed and everything else gets upgraded as expected.
We believe that the bug you reported is fixed in the latest version of
openjdk-11, which is due to be installed in the Debian FTP archive.
A summary of the changes between this version and the previous one is
Thank you for reporting the bug, which will now be closed. If you
have further comments please address them to [hidden email],
and the maintainer will reopen the bug report if appropriate.
Debian distribution maintenance software
Matthias Klose <[hidden email]> (supplier of updated openjdk-11 package)
(This message was generated automatically at their request; if you
believe that there is a problem with it please contact the archive
administrators by mailing [hidden email])
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Date: Wed, 24 Apr 2019 10:21:11 +0200
Maintainer: OpenJDK Team <[hidden email]>
Changed-By: Matthias Klose <[hidden email]>
openjdk-11 (11.0.3+7-3) unstable; urgency=medium
* Add breaks to the openjdk-11-jre-headless package:
- For unattended upgrades: jetty9, netbeans, tomcat8, visualvm.
- For eclipse 3.8 removal: eclipse-platform. Closes: #925071.
- For configuration with vendor flag: libreoffice-core.
* Apply updates from jdk11u-dev, and remove locally applied patches:
- 8206955: MethodHandleProxies.asInterfaceInstance does not support default
- 8221304: Problem list java/awt/FontMetrics/MaxAdvanceIsMax.java.
- 8218854: FontMetrics.getMaxAdvance may be less than the maximum
- 8214002: Cannot use italic font style if the font has embedded bitmap.
- 8222522: Add configure options for Mac Bundle creation.
- 8221880: Better customization for Windows RC properties FileDescription
- 8222133: Add temporary exceptions for root certs that are due to expire
- 8222089: [TESTBUG] sun/security/lib/cacerts/VerifyCACerts.java fails due
to cert within 90-day expiry window.
- 8170494: JNI exception pending in PlainDatagramSocketImpl.c.
- 8217879: hs_err should print more instructions in hex dump.
- 8222410: java/nio/file/attribute/BasicFileAttributeView/UnixSocketFile
hangs when "nc" does not accept "-U".
- 8222397: x86_32 tests with UseSHA1Intrinsics SEGV due to garbled
- 8209914: javadoc search sometimes generates bad URIs.
- 8218020: Fix version number in mesa.md 3rd party legal file.
- 8188133: C2: Static field accesses in clinit can trigger
- 8215472: (zipfs) Cleanups in implementation classes of jdk.zipfs and
- 8211266: [TESTBUG] ZipFSTester.java failed intermittently in
ZipFSTester.checkRead(): bound must be positive.
- 8210899: (zipfs) ZipFileSystem.EntryOutputStreamCRC32 mistakenly set the
crc32 value into size field.
- 8217647: JFR: recordings on 32-bit systems unreadable.
- 8216970: condy causes JVM crash.
- 8222032: x86_32 fails with "wrong size of mach node" on AVX-512 machine.
- 8221917: serviceability/sa/TestPrintMdo.java fails on 32-bit platforms.
- 8220349: The fix done for JDK-8214253 have caused issues in JTree
- 8221833: Readability check in Symbol::is_valid not performed for some
- 8220441: [PPC64] Clobber memory effect missing for memory barriers in
- 8218991: s390: Add intrinsic for GHASH algorithm.
- 8220625: tools/javac/classreader/8171132/BadConstantValue.java failed
with "did not see expected error".
3c167c1bb791aa7c661ab97d84484a00d18b1673 4692 openjdk-11_11.0.3+7-3.dsc
40472f3390ba9fbc59b59e9a9d7f7597f667bf6e 412032 openjdk-11_11.0.3+7-3.debian.tar.xz
9e485ea2fa43af827dfc812f3bda2bdbb29d3718 17331 openjdk-11_11.0.3+7-3_source.buildinfo
5b66202d43da9d780bb41a06a9d78f4f2e841391f5380a978b0f512457f975c1 4692 openjdk-11_11.0.3+7-3.dsc
599069ff0e8c3fa42caa7d533c60f7eaee1b8d0974e0c408aa4b688c61e1d243 412032 openjdk-11_11.0.3+7-3.debian.tar.xz
45788327c8231833bdc4e3db4278558d166811bdd7d7f424f6cd074fa0723bf1 17331 openjdk-11_11.0.3+7-3_source.buildinfo
a052812a083dea46f817298b88b14b42 4692 java optional openjdk-11_11.0.3+7-3.dsc
952234cbe523df1792c6a0c1f4918870 412032 java optional openjdk-11_11.0.3+7-3.debian.tar.xz
3a73784b5e2d7c7c0f429912f8a6fdbd 17331 java optional openjdk-11_11.0.3+7-3_source.buildinfo