Bug#926772: underlinked clang libraries on armel cause build failures

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Bug#926772: underlinked clang libraries on armel cause build failures

Matthias Klose
Package: src:llvm-toolchain-7
Version: 1:7.0.1-8
Severity: serious
Tags: sid buster

underlinked clang libraries on armel cause build failures, as seen at
https://buildd.debian.org/status/package.php?p=creduce

/usr/bin/ld:
/usr/lib/llvm-7/lib/libclangFrontend.a(SerializedDiagnosticReader.cpp.o):
undefined reference to symbol '__atomic_load_4@@LIBATOMIC_1.0'
/usr/bin/ld: //usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabi/libatomic.so.1: error adding symbols:
DSO missing from command line
collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status
make[4]: *** [Makefile:868: clang_delta] Error 1

this prevents migration of creduce to testing/buster.

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Bug#926772: underlinked clang libraries on armel cause build failures

Adrian Bunk-3
On Wed, Apr 10, 2019 at 10:11:29AM +0200, Matthias Klose wrote:
> Package: src:llvm-toolchain-7
> Version: 1:7.0.1-8
> Severity: serious
> Tags: sid buster
>
> underlinked clang libraries on armel cause build failures,

Static libraries are not linked.

> as seen at
> https://buildd.debian.org/status/package.php?p=creduce
>
> /usr/bin/ld:
> /usr/lib/llvm-7/lib/libclangFrontend.a(SerializedDiagnosticReader.cpp.o):
> undefined reference to symbol '__atomic_load_4@@LIBATOMIC_1.0'
> /usr/bin/ld: //usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabi/libatomic.so.1: error adding symbols:
> DSO missing from command line
> collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status
> make[4]: *** [Makefile:868: clang_delta] Error 1
>...

How does creduce get dependencies for these static libraries from LLVM?

cu
Adrian

--

       "Is there not promise of rain?" Ling Tan asked suddenly out
        of the darkness. There had been need of rain for many days.
       "Only a promise," Lao Er said.
                                       Pearl S. Buck - Dragon Seed

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Bug#926772: underlinked clang libraries on armel cause build failures

Matthias Klose
On 10.04.19 10:29, Adrian Bunk wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 10, 2019 at 10:11:29AM +0200, Matthias Klose wrote:
>> Package: src:llvm-toolchain-7
>> Version: 1:7.0.1-8
>> Severity: serious
>> Tags: sid buster
>>
>> underlinked clang libraries on armel cause build failures,
>
> Static libraries are not linked.

ouch

>> as seen at
>> https://buildd.debian.org/status/package.php?p=creduce
>>
>> /usr/bin/ld:
>> /usr/lib/llvm-7/lib/libclangFrontend.a(SerializedDiagnosticReader.cpp.o):
>> undefined reference to symbol '__atomic_load_4@@LIBATOMIC_1.0'
>> /usr/bin/ld: //usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabi/libatomic.so.1: error adding symbols:
>> DSO missing from command line
>> collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status
>> make[4]: *** [Makefile:868: clang_delta] Error 1
>> ...
>
> How does creduce get dependencies for these static libraries from LLVM?

these are hard coded in clang_delta/Makefile.am.  Is there a better way?  Would
llvm-config --system-libs be a better way to include -latomic on armel?

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Bug#926772: marked as done (underlinked clang libraries on armel cause build failures)

Debian Bug Tracking System
In reply to this post by Matthias Klose
Your message dated Thu, 9 May 2019 18:58:05 +0200
with message-id <[hidden email]>
and subject line Re: underlinked clang libraries on armel cause build failures
has caused the Debian Bug report #926772,
regarding underlinked clang libraries on armel cause build failures
to be marked as done.

This means that you claim that the problem has been dealt with.
If this is not the case it is now your responsibility to reopen the
Bug report if necessary, and/or fix the problem forthwith.

(NB: If you are a system administrator and have no idea what this
message is talking about, this may indicate a serious mail system
misconfiguration somewhere. Please contact [hidden email]
immediately.)


--
926772: https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=926772
Debian Bug Tracking System
Contact [hidden email] with problems

Package: src:llvm-toolchain-7
Version: 1:7.0.1-8
Severity: serious
Tags: sid buster

underlinked clang libraries on armel cause build failures, as seen at
https://buildd.debian.org/status/package.php?p=creduce

/usr/bin/ld:
/usr/lib/llvm-7/lib/libclangFrontend.a(SerializedDiagnosticReader.cpp.o):
undefined reference to symbol '__atomic_load_4@@LIBATOMIC_1.0'
/usr/bin/ld: //usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabi/libatomic.so.1: error adding symbols:
DSO missing from command line
collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status
make[4]: *** [Makefile:868: clang_delta] Error 1

this prevents migration of creduce to testing/buster.

I think we can close this one?
Creduce seems fine now...
and static libs are not easily overlinkable...

G.