Bug#931591: Bug update

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
3 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Bug#931591: Bug update

Seth Foley-2
Hi Bernhard,

I ran `ulimit -c 0` and started handbrake from the Terminal. I added a
folder's worth of files to the queue, set the output folder to the 5TB
external drive, and clicked Start. Handbrake crashed as expected when
starting the second encoding pass.

The associated `journalctl --no-pager` output is attached as a text
file. The associated core dump is only 34.1 MB this time. Please let me
know if there is information I should extract from it, or a separate
location where I should upload it.

Thanks, --SF

handbrake_journalctl_output.txt (62K) Download Attachment
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Bug#931591: Buster: upgraded Handbrake crashes on encode with custom preset

Bernhard Übelacker-3
Hello Seth Foley,
if possible you could now install gdb
and the following debug symbol packages.
The latter are stored in a separate
repository, more details in [1]:

    handbrake-dbgsym libavformat58-dbgsym

Then if you have not rebooted since the last
handbrake crash, you can use following commands:

    coredumpctl list
    coredumpctl gdb <PID>
      bt
      quit

And forward the output again to this bug.

Maybe you want one copy one of the cores in
/var/lib/systemd/coredump/ to a safe place,
because after some time they get automatically deleted.

From your last output I guess something like in [2]
would be produced.

Unfortunately I have not found any bugreport in
the upstream projects.

What I find in the sources it looks like avio_open2
is called with an invalid pointer in filename later,
but maybe the maintainer know something more...

Kind regards,
Bernhard


[1] https://wiki.debian.org/HowToGetABacktrace#Installing_the_debugging_symbols

[2]
Stack trace of thread 25962:                          |
#0  0x00007f7ce7188fb4 n/a (libc.so.6)                |                    0x00007ffff32fcfb4 ../sysdeps/x86_64/strspn.S:88
#1  0x00007f7cebc47e73 n/a (libavformat.so.58)        | 0x00007ffff7dbbe6e 0x00007ffff7dbbe73 in url_find_protocol at src/libavformat/avio.c:255
#2  0x00007f7cebc48102 n/a (libavformat.so.58)        | 0x00007ffff7dbc0fd 0x00007ffff7dbc102 in ffurl_alloc at src/libavformat/avio.c:295
#3  0x00007f7cebc48a2e n/a (libavformat.so.58)        | 0x00007ffff7dbca29 0x00007ffff7dbca2e in ffurl_open_whitelist at src/libavformat/avio.c:314
#4  0x00007f7cebc4d187 n/a (libavformat.so.58)        | 0x00007ffff7dc1182 0x00007ffff7dc1187 in ffio_open_whitelist at src/libavformat/aviobuf.c:1167
#5  0x00007f7cebc4d1ee avio_open2 (libavformat.so.58) | 0x00007ffff7dc11e9 0x00007ffff7dc11ee in avio_open2 at src/libavformat/aviobuf.c:1181
#6  0x0000561ecd32d8fd n/a (ghb)                      | 0x000055555561f8f8 0x000055555561f8fd in avformatInit at ../libhb/muxavformat.c:179
#7  0x0000561ecd2e4112 n/a (ghb)                      | 0x00005555555d6110 0x00005555555d6112 in muxInit at ../libhb/muxcommon.c:649
#8  0x0000561ecd317e56 n/a (ghb)                      | 0x0000555555609e53 0x0000555555609e56 in do_job at ../libhb/work.c:1758
#9  0x0000561ecd2d607b n/a (ghb)                      | 0x00005555555c8078 0x00005555555c807b in hb_thread_func at ../libhb/ports.c:867
#10 0x00007f7ce9457fa3 start_thread (libpthread.so.0) | 0x00007ffff55cbfa1 0x00007ffff55cbfa3 in start_thread at pthread_create.c:486
#11 0x00007f7ce71e04cf __clone (libc.so.6)            | 0x00007ffff33544cd 0x00007ffff33544cf ../sysdeps/unix/sysv/linux/x86_64/clone.S:95

debugging.txt (7K) Download Attachment
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Bug#931591: Buster: upgraded Handbrake crashes on encode with custom preset

Seth Foley-2
Installed gdb, updated sources, installed the two debug symbol packages,
and ran those commands. (I had not rebooted since the crash on Tuesday.)

The output of coredumpctl is attached.

I also copied the core dump file in case it's wanted later.

Thanks, --SF

handbrake_coredumpctl_output.txt (45K) Download Attachment