Gitea is a self-hosted git service aiming to provide a full suite of
features similar to Gitlab or Github. It aims to be light weight,
feature rich, and easily maintained.
I'm hoping that the last year since its removal from Debian has seen
more clarity about go packaging expectations, it'd be great to have a
mid-weight forge available - more features than cgit, less resource
usage than gitlab. That said, there's clearly more to it than I can see,
so I'm including several comments from the previous maintainer here.
- Any attempt to rebuild will result in a build failure
- It is severely out of date
- It has security bugs
- It has other functionality bugs
- It is currently orphaned (potentially a temporary status)
- It may or may not meet DFSG to the extent that contrib may be inappropriate
(in it's current state, non-free seems more appropriate)
- It has never been stable enough to reach testing