Bug#952064: labrea: FTBFS: ../inc/pcaputil.h:18:10: error: conflicting types for ‘pcap_open’

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Bug#952064: labrea: FTBFS: ../inc/pcaputil.h:18:10: error: conflicting types for ‘pcap_open’

Lucas Nussbaum-4
Source: labrea
Version: 2.5-stable-3
Severity: serious
Justification: FTBFS on amd64
Tags: buster sid
Usertags: ftbfs-20200222 ftbfs-buster

Hi,

During a rebuild of all packages in sid, your package failed to build
on amd64.

Relevant part (hopefully):

> if gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I..  -I../inc -I- -I/usr/include -I/usr/include   -Wall -g -O2 -Wall -MT labrea_init.o -MD -MP -MF ".deps/labrea_init.Tpo" \
>   -c -o labrea_init.o `test -f 'labrea_init.c' || echo './'`labrea_init.c; \
> then mv -f ".deps/labrea_init.Tpo" ".deps/labrea_init.Po"; \
> else rm -f ".deps/labrea_init.Tpo"; exit 1; \
> fi
> cc1: note: obsolete option ‘-I-’ used, please use ‘-iquote’ instead
> In file included from labrea_init.c:51:
> ../inc/pcaputil.h:18:10: error: conflicting types for ‘pcap_open’
>    18 | pcap_t * pcap_open(char *device);
>       |          ^~~~~~~~~
> In file included from /usr/include/pcap.h:43,
>                  from ../inc/pcaputil.h:12,
>                  from labrea_init.c:51:
> /usr/include/pcap/pcap.h:859:18: note: previous declaration of ‘pcap_open’ was here
>   859 | PCAP_API pcap_t *pcap_open(const char *source, int snaplen, int flags,
>       |                  ^~~~~~~~~
> labrea_init.c: In function ‘build_bpf_filter’:
> labrea_init.c:126:20: warning: pointer targets in passing argument 1 of ‘strlen’ differ in signedness [-Wpointer-sign]
>   126 |   int len = strlen(texpr);
>       |                    ^~~~~
>       |                    |
>       |                    u_char * {aka unsigned char *}
> In file included from labrea_init.c:29:
> /usr/include/string.h:385:35: note: expected ‘const char *’ but argument is of type ‘u_char *’ {aka ‘unsigned char *’}
>   385 | extern size_t strlen (const char *__s)
>       |                       ~~~~~~~~~~~~^~~
> labrea_init.c:130:15: warning: pointer targets in passing argument 1 of ‘strlcpy’ differ in signedness [-Wpointer-sign]
>   130 |   if (strlcpy(p, chunk, len) >= len) {
>       |               ^
>       |               |
>       |               u_char * {aka unsigned char *}
> In file included from labrea_init.c:26:
> ../config.h:123:17: note: expected ‘char *’ but argument is of type ‘u_char *’ {aka ‘unsigned char *’}
>   123 | size_t  strlcpy(char *, const char *, size_t);
>       |                 ^~~~~~
> labrea_init.c:130:18: warning: pointer targets in passing argument 2 of ‘strlcpy’ differ in signedness [-Wpointer-sign]
>   130 |   if (strlcpy(p, chunk, len) >= len) {
>       |                  ^~~~~
>       |                  |
>       |                  const u_char * {aka const unsigned char *}
> In file included from labrea_init.c:26:
> ../config.h:123:25: note: expected ‘const char *’ but argument is of type ‘const u_char *’ {aka ‘const unsigned char *’}
>   123 | size_t  strlcpy(char *, const char *, size_t);
>       |                         ^~~~~~~~~~~~
> labrea_init.c: In function ‘read_number’:
> labrea_init.c:165:16: warning: pointer targets in passing argument 2 of ‘strlcpy’ differ in signedness [-Wpointer-sign]
>   165 |   strlcpy(buf, p, sizeof(buf));     /* Copy, watching for buffer overflow */
>       |                ^
>       |                |
>       |                u_char * {aka unsigned char *}
> In file included from labrea_init.c:26:
> ../config.h:123:25: note: expected ‘const char *’ but argument is of type ‘u_char *’ {aka ‘unsigned char *’}
>   123 | size_t  strlcpy(char *, const char *, size_t);
>       |                         ^~~~~~~~~~~~
> labrea_init.c: In function ‘labrea_init’:
> labrea_init.c:375:28: warning: pointer targets in passing argument 1 of ‘read_number’ differ in signedness [-Wpointer-sign]
>   375 |  io.intf_num = read_number(optarg);
>       |                            ^~~~~~
>       |                            |
>       |                            char *
> labrea_init.c:159:22: note: expected ‘u_char *’ {aka ‘unsigned char *’} but argument is of type ‘char *’
>   159 | read_number (u_char *p)
>       |              ~~~~~~~~^
> labrea_init.c:423:38: warning: pointer targets in passing argument 1 of ‘read_number’ differ in signedness [-Wpointer-sign]
>   423 |       ctl.throttlesize = read_number(optarg);
>       |                                      ^~~~~~
>       |                                      |
>       |                                      char *
> labrea_init.c:159:22: note: expected ‘u_char *’ {aka ‘unsigned char *’} but argument is of type ‘char *’
>   159 | read_number (u_char *p)
>       |              ~~~~~~~~^
> labrea_init.c:426:30: warning: pointer targets in passing argument 1 of ‘read_number’ differ in signedness [-Wpointer-sign]
>   426 |       ctl.rate = read_number(optarg);
>       |                              ^~~~~~
>       |                              |
>       |                              char *
> labrea_init.c:159:22: note: expected ‘u_char *’ {aka ‘unsigned char *’} but argument is of type ‘char *’
>   159 | read_number (u_char *p)
>       |              ~~~~~~~~^
> labrea_init.c:441:31: warning: pointer targets in passing argument 1 of ‘read_number’ differ in signedness [-Wpointer-sign]
>   441 |       ctl.maxbw = read_number(optarg);
>       |                               ^~~~~~
>       |                               |
>       |                               char *
> labrea_init.c:159:22: note: expected ‘u_char *’ {aka ‘unsigned char *’} but argument is of type ‘char *’
>   159 | read_number (u_char *p)
>       |              ~~~~~~~~^
> labrea_init.c:462:32: warning: pointer targets in passing argument 1 of ‘read_number’ differ in signedness [-Wpointer-sign]
>   462 |  ctl.syslog_port = read_number(optarg);
>       |                                ^~~~~~
>       |                                |
>       |                                char *
> labrea_init.c:159:22: note: expected ‘u_char *’ {aka ‘unsigned char *’} but argument is of type ‘char *’
>   159 | read_number (u_char *p)
>       |              ~~~~~~~~^
> labrea_init.c:475:36: warning: pointer targets in passing argument 1 of ‘read_number’ differ in signedness [-Wpointer-sign]
>   475 |       ctl.debuglevel = read_number(optarg);
>       |                                    ^~~~~~
>       |                                    |
>       |                                    char *
> labrea_init.c:159:22: note: expected ‘u_char *’ {aka ‘unsigned char *’} but argument is of type ‘char *’
>   159 | read_number (u_char *p)
>       |              ~~~~~~~~^
> labrea_init.c:543:22: warning: pointer targets in passing argument 1 of ‘build_bpf_filter’ differ in signedness [-Wpointer-sign]
>   543 |     build_bpf_filter(texpr, bpf, BPFSIZE);
>       |                      ^~~~~
>       |                      |
>       |                      char *
> labrea_init.c:123:26: note: expected ‘u_char *’ {aka ‘unsigned char *’} but argument is of type ‘char *’
>   123 | build_bpf_filter(u_char *texpr, const u_char *chunk, const size_t siz)
>       |                  ~~~~~~~~^~~~~
> labrea_init.c:543:29: warning: pointer targets in passing argument 2 of ‘build_bpf_filter’ differ in signedness [-Wpointer-sign]
>   543 |     build_bpf_filter(texpr, bpf, BPFSIZE);
>       |                             ^~~
>       |                             |
>       |                             char *
> labrea_init.c:123:47: note: expected ‘const u_char *’ {aka ‘const unsigned char *’} but argument is of type ‘char *’
>   123 | build_bpf_filter(u_char *texpr, const u_char *chunk, const size_t siz)
>       |                                 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~^~~~~
> labrea_init.c:553:24: warning: pointer targets in passing argument 1 of ‘build_bpf_filter’ differ in signedness [-Wpointer-sign]
>   553 |       build_bpf_filter(texpr, " or (", BPFSIZE);
>       |                        ^~~~~
>       |                        |
>       |                        char *
> labrea_init.c:123:26: note: expected ‘u_char *’ {aka ‘unsigned char *’} but argument is of type ‘char *’
>   123 | build_bpf_filter(u_char *texpr, const u_char *chunk, const size_t siz)
>       |                  ~~~~~~~~^~~~~
> labrea_init.c:553:31: warning: pointer targets in passing argument 2 of ‘build_bpf_filter’ differ in signedness [-Wpointer-sign]
>   553 |       build_bpf_filter(texpr, " or (", BPFSIZE);
>       |                               ^~~~~~~
>       |                               |
>       |                               char *
> labrea_init.c:123:47: note: expected ‘const u_char *’ {aka ‘const unsigned char *’} but argument is of type ‘char *’
>   123 | build_bpf_filter(u_char *texpr, const u_char *chunk, const size_t siz)
>       |                                 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~^~~~~
> labrea_init.c:556:19: warning: pointer targets in passing argument 1 of ‘build_bpf_filter’ differ in signedness [-Wpointer-sign]
>   556 |  build_bpf_filter(texpr, argv[c], BPFSIZE); /* tack on another argument */
>       |                   ^~~~~
>       |                   |
>       |                   char *
> labrea_init.c:123:26: note: expected ‘u_char *’ {aka ‘unsigned char *’} but argument is of type ‘char *’
>   123 | build_bpf_filter(u_char *texpr, const u_char *chunk, const size_t siz)
>       |                  ~~~~~~~~^~~~~
> labrea_init.c:556:30: warning: pointer targets in passing argument 2 of ‘build_bpf_filter’ differ in signedness [-Wpointer-sign]
>   556 |  build_bpf_filter(texpr, argv[c], BPFSIZE); /* tack on another argument */
>       |                          ~~~~^~~
>       |                              |
>       |                              char *
> labrea_init.c:123:47: note: expected ‘const u_char *’ {aka ‘const unsigned char *’} but argument is of type ‘char *’
>   123 | build_bpf_filter(u_char *texpr, const u_char *chunk, const size_t siz)
>       |                                 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~^~~~~
> labrea_init.c:558:24: warning: pointer targets in passing argument 1 of ‘build_bpf_filter’ differ in signedness [-Wpointer-sign]
>   558 |       build_bpf_filter(texpr, ")", BPFSIZE);
>       |                        ^~~~~
>       |                        |
>       |                        char *
> labrea_init.c:123:26: note: expected ‘u_char *’ {aka ‘unsigned char *’} but argument is of type ‘char *’
>   123 | build_bpf_filter(u_char *texpr, const u_char *chunk, const size_t siz)
>       |                  ~~~~~~~~^~~~~
> labrea_init.c:558:31: warning: pointer targets in passing argument 2 of ‘build_bpf_filter’ differ in signedness [-Wpointer-sign]
>   558 |       build_bpf_filter(texpr, ")", BPFSIZE);
>       |                               ^~~
>       |                               |
>       |                               char *
> labrea_init.c:123:47: note: expected ‘const u_char *’ {aka ‘const unsigned char *’} but argument is of type ‘char *’
>   123 | build_bpf_filter(u_char *texpr, const u_char *chunk, const size_t siz)
>       |                                 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~^~~~~
> labrea_init.c:568:21: warning: pointer targets in passing argument 1 of ‘build_bpf_filter’ differ in signedness [-Wpointer-sign]
>   568 |    build_bpf_filter(texpr, " or (", BPFSIZE);
>       |                     ^~~~~
>       |                     |
>       |                     char *
> labrea_init.c:123:26: note: expected ‘u_char *’ {aka ‘unsigned char *’} but argument is of type ‘char *’
>   123 | build_bpf_filter(u_char *texpr, const u_char *chunk, const size_t siz)
>       |                  ~~~~~~~~^~~~~
> labrea_init.c:568:28: warning: pointer targets in passing argument 2 of ‘build_bpf_filter’ differ in signedness [-Wpointer-sign]
>   568 |    build_bpf_filter(texpr, " or (", BPFSIZE);
>       |                            ^~~~~~~
>       |                            |
>       |                            char *
> labrea_init.c:123:47: note: expected ‘const u_char *’ {aka ‘const unsigned char *’} but argument is of type ‘char *’
>   123 | build_bpf_filter(u_char *texpr, const u_char *chunk, const size_t siz)
>       |                                 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~^~~~~
> labrea_init.c:573:25: warning: pointer targets in passing argument 1 of ‘build_bpf_filter’ differ in signedness [-Wpointer-sign]
>   573 |        build_bpf_filter(texpr, mybuffer, BPFSIZE);
>       |                         ^~~~~
>       |                         |
>       |                         char *
> labrea_init.c:123:26: note: expected ‘u_char *’ {aka ‘unsigned char *’} but argument is of type ‘char *’
>   123 | build_bpf_filter(u_char *texpr, const u_char *chunk, const size_t siz)
>       |                  ~~~~~~~~^~~~~
> labrea_init.c:573:32: warning: pointer targets in passing argument 2 of ‘build_bpf_filter’ differ in signedness [-Wpointer-sign]
>   573 |        build_bpf_filter(texpr, mybuffer, BPFSIZE);
>       |                                ^~~~~~~~
>       |                                |
>       |                                char *
> labrea_init.c:123:47: note: expected ‘const u_char *’ {aka ‘const unsigned char *’} but argument is of type ‘char *’
>   123 | build_bpf_filter(u_char *texpr, const u_char *chunk, const size_t siz)
>       |                                 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~^~~~~
> labrea_init.c:576:23: warning: pointer targets in passing argument 1 of ‘build_bpf_filter’ differ in signedness [-Wpointer-sign]
>   576 |      build_bpf_filter(texpr, ")", BPFSIZE);
>       |                       ^~~~~
>       |                       |
>       |                       char *
> labrea_init.c:123:26: note: expected ‘u_char *’ {aka ‘unsigned char *’} but argument is of type ‘char *’
>   123 | build_bpf_filter(u_char *texpr, const u_char *chunk, const size_t siz)
>       |                  ~~~~~~~~^~~~~
> labrea_init.c:576:30: warning: pointer targets in passing argument 2 of ‘build_bpf_filter’ differ in signedness [-Wpointer-sign]
>   576 |      build_bpf_filter(texpr, ")", BPFSIZE);
>       |                              ^~~
>       |                              |
>       |                              char *
> labrea_init.c:123:47: note: expected ‘const u_char *’ {aka ‘const unsigned char *’} but argument is of type ‘char *’
>   123 | build_bpf_filter(u_char *texpr, const u_char *chunk, const size_t siz)
>       |                                 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~^~~~~
> labrea_init.c:670:13: warning: pointer targets in passing argument 1 of ‘lbio_init’ differ in signedness [-Wpointer-sign]
>   670 |   lbio_init(dev, texpr);
>       |             ^~~
>       |             |
>       |             char *
> In file included from labrea_init.c:54:
> ../inc/lbio.h:66:25: note: expected ‘u_char *’ {aka ‘unsigned char *’} but argument is of type ‘char *’
>    66 | void  lbio_init(u_char *dev, u_char *texpr);
>       |                 ~~~~~~~~^~~
> labrea_init.c:670:18: warning: pointer targets in passing argument 2 of ‘lbio_init’ differ in signedness [-Wpointer-sign]
>   670 |   lbio_init(dev, texpr);
>       |                  ^~~~~
>       |                  |
>       |                  char *
> In file included from labrea_init.c:54:
> ../inc/lbio.h:66:38: note: expected ‘u_char *’ {aka ‘unsigned char *’} but argument is of type ‘char *’
>    66 | void  lbio_init(u_char *dev, u_char *texpr);
>       |                              ~~~~~~~~^~~~~
> make[3]: *** [Makefile:235: labrea_init.o] Error 1

The full build log is available from:
   http://qa-logs.debian.net/2020/02/22/labrea_2.5-stable-3_unstable.log

A list of current common problems and possible solutions is available at
http://wiki.debian.org/qa.debian.org/FTBFS . You're welcome to contribute!

About the archive rebuild: The rebuild was done on EC2 VM instances from
Amazon Web Services, using a clean, minimal and up-to-date chroot. Every
failed build was retried once to eliminate random failures.

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Bug#952064: labrea: diff for NMU version 2.5-stable-3.1

Sudip Mukherjee
Control: tags 952064 + patch
Control: tags 952064 + pending

Dear maintainer,

I've prepared an NMU for labrea (versioned as 2.5-stable-3.1) and
uploaded it to mentors for sponsoring. Please feel free to tell me if I
should remove it.

--
Regards
Sudip

diff -u labrea-2.5-stable/debian/changelog labrea-2.5-stable/debian/changelog
--- labrea-2.5-stable/debian/changelog
+++ labrea-2.5-stable/debian/changelog
@@ -1,3 +1,10 @@
+labrea (2.5-stable-3.1) unstable; urgency=medium
+
+  * Non-maintainer upload.
+  * Fix FTBFS. (Closes: #952064)
+
+ -- Sudip Mukherjee <[hidden email]>  Wed, 08 Apr 2020 13:06:10 +0100
+
 labrea (2.5-stable-3) unstable; urgency=low
 
   * Adopting the package (Closes: #424715).
diff -u labrea-2.5-stable/debian/patches/series labrea-2.5-stable/debian/patches/series
--- labrea-2.5-stable/debian/patches/series
+++ labrea-2.5-stable/debian/patches/series
@@ -2,0 +3 @@
+fix_pcap_open.patch
only in patch2:
unchanged:
--- labrea-2.5-stable.orig/debian/patches/fix_pcap_open.patch
+++ labrea-2.5-stable/debian/patches/fix_pcap_open.patch
@@ -0,0 +1,54 @@
+Description: Fix FTBFS
+ libpcap moved the declaration of pcap_open() to pcap.h and so its now
+ visible to labrea. So, it had a conflict with the private pcap_open()
+ which labrea has defined. Rename pcap_open() to _pcap_open().
+
+ ref: https://github.com/the-tcpdump-group/libpcap/commit/a372536befc9b1ee1d355058daa2eb9f66aa0c59
+
+Author: Sudip Mukherjee <[hidden email]>
+Bug-Debian: https://bugs.debian.org/952064
+
+---
+
+--- a/inc/pcaputil.h
++++ b/inc/pcaputil.h
+@@ -15,7 +15,7 @@
+ #endif
+
+
+-pcap_t * pcap_open(char *device);
++pcap_t * _pcap_open(char *device);
+ int pcap_dloff(pcap_t *pcap);
+ int pcap_filter(pcap_t *pcap, const char *fmt, ...);
+ void pcap_stat (pcap_t *pd);
+--- a/src/lbio.c
++++ b/src/lbio.c
+@@ -190,7 +190,7 @@ open_winpcap_adapter()
+   /*
+    * Open the WinPcap device for sniffing
+    */
+-  if ((io.pcap = pcap_open(io.adapter_name_list[j])) == NULL) {
++  if ((io.pcap = _pcap_open(io.adapter_name_list[j])) == NULL) {
+     warnx("*** Couldn't open WinPcap adapter" );
+     return(-1);
+   }
+@@ -286,7 +286,7 @@ lbio_init(u_char *dev, u_char *texpr)
+       util_clean_exit(1);
+
+   } else { /* open Unix pcap device for sniffing */
+-    if ((io.pcap = pcap_open(io.ifent->intf_name)) == NULL) {
++    if ((io.pcap = _pcap_open(io.ifent->intf_name)) == NULL) {
+       warnx("*** Couldn't open pcap device for sniffing" );
+       util_clean_exit(1);
+     }
+--- a/src/pcaputil.c
++++ b/src/pcaputil.c
+@@ -52,7 +52,7 @@
+ #include "pcaputil.h"
+
+ pcap_t *
+-pcap_open(char *device)
++_pcap_open(char *device)
+ {
+ char ebuf[PCAP_ERRBUF_SIZE];
+ pcap_t *pcap;

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Processed: labrea: diff for NMU version 2.5-stable-3.1

Debian Bug Tracking System
In reply to this post by Lucas Nussbaum-4
Processing control commands:

> tags 952064 + patch
Bug #952064 [src:labrea] labrea: FTBFS: ../inc/pcaputil.h:18:10: error: conflicting types for ‘pcap_open’
Added tag(s) patch.
> tags 952064 + pending
Bug #952064 [src:labrea] labrea: FTBFS: ../inc/pcaputil.h:18:10: error: conflicting types for ‘pcap_open’
Added tag(s) pending.

--
952064: https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=952064
Debian Bug Tracking System
Contact [hidden email] with problems

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Bug#952064: marked as done (labrea: FTBFS: ../inc/pcaputil.h:18:10: error: conflicting types for ‘pcap_open’)

Debian Bug Tracking System
In reply to this post by Lucas Nussbaum-4
Your message dated Wed, 08 Apr 2020 15:03:38 +0000
with message-id <[hidden email]>
and subject line Bug#952064: fixed in labrea 2.5-stable-3.1
has caused the Debian Bug report #952064,
regarding labrea: FTBFS: ../inc/pcaputil.h:18:10: error: conflicting types for ‘pcap_open’
to be marked as done.

This means that you claim that the problem has been dealt with.
If this is not the case it is now your responsibility to reopen the
Bug report if necessary, and/or fix the problem forthwith.

(NB: If you are a system administrator and have no idea what this
message is talking about, this may indicate a serious mail system
misconfiguration somewhere. Please contact [hidden email]
immediately.)


--
952064: https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=952064
Debian Bug Tracking System
Contact [hidden email] with problems

Source: labrea
Version: 2.5-stable-3
Severity: serious
Justification: FTBFS on amd64
Tags: buster sid
Usertags: ftbfs-20200222 ftbfs-buster

Hi,

During a rebuild of all packages in sid, your package failed to build
on amd64.

Relevant part (hopefully):

> if gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I..  -I../inc -I- -I/usr/include -I/usr/include   -Wall -g -O2 -Wall -MT labrea_init.o -MD -MP -MF ".deps/labrea_init.Tpo" \
>   -c -o labrea_init.o `test -f 'labrea_init.c' || echo './'`labrea_init.c; \
> then mv -f ".deps/labrea_init.Tpo" ".deps/labrea_init.Po"; \
> else rm -f ".deps/labrea_init.Tpo"; exit 1; \
> fi
> cc1: note: obsolete option ‘-I-’ used, please use ‘-iquote’ instead
> In file included from labrea_init.c:51:
> ../inc/pcaputil.h:18:10: error: conflicting types for ‘pcap_open’
>    18 | pcap_t * pcap_open(char *device);
>       |          ^~~~~~~~~
> In file included from /usr/include/pcap.h:43,
>                  from ../inc/pcaputil.h:12,
>                  from labrea_init.c:51:
> /usr/include/pcap/pcap.h:859:18: note: previous declaration of ‘pcap_open’ was here
>   859 | PCAP_API pcap_t *pcap_open(const char *source, int snaplen, int flags,
>       |                  ^~~~~~~~~
> labrea_init.c: In function ‘build_bpf_filter’:
> labrea_init.c:126:20: warning: pointer targets in passing argument 1 of ‘strlen’ differ in signedness [-Wpointer-sign]
>   126 |   int len = strlen(texpr);
>       |                    ^~~~~
>       |                    |
>       |                    u_char * {aka unsigned char *}
> In file included from labrea_init.c:29:
> /usr/include/string.h:385:35: note: expected ‘const char *’ but argument is of type ‘u_char *’ {aka ‘unsigned char *’}
>   385 | extern size_t strlen (const char *__s)
>       |                       ~~~~~~~~~~~~^~~
> labrea_init.c:130:15: warning: pointer targets in passing argument 1 of ‘strlcpy’ differ in signedness [-Wpointer-sign]
>   130 |   if (strlcpy(p, chunk, len) >= len) {
>       |               ^
>       |               |
>       |               u_char * {aka unsigned char *}
> In file included from labrea_init.c:26:
> ../config.h:123:17: note: expected ‘char *’ but argument is of type ‘u_char *’ {aka ‘unsigned char *’}
>   123 | size_t  strlcpy(char *, const char *, size_t);
>       |                 ^~~~~~
> labrea_init.c:130:18: warning: pointer targets in passing argument 2 of ‘strlcpy’ differ in signedness [-Wpointer-sign]
>   130 |   if (strlcpy(p, chunk, len) >= len) {
>       |                  ^~~~~
>       |                  |
>       |                  const u_char * {aka const unsigned char *}
> In file included from labrea_init.c:26:
> ../config.h:123:25: note: expected ‘const char *’ but argument is of type ‘const u_char *’ {aka ‘const unsigned char *’}
>   123 | size_t  strlcpy(char *, const char *, size_t);
>       |                         ^~~~~~~~~~~~
> labrea_init.c: In function ‘read_number’:
> labrea_init.c:165:16: warning: pointer targets in passing argument 2 of ‘strlcpy’ differ in signedness [-Wpointer-sign]
>   165 |   strlcpy(buf, p, sizeof(buf));     /* Copy, watching for buffer overflow */
>       |                ^
>       |                |
>       |                u_char * {aka unsigned char *}
> In file included from labrea_init.c:26:
> ../config.h:123:25: note: expected ‘const char *’ but argument is of type ‘u_char *’ {aka ‘unsigned char *’}
>   123 | size_t  strlcpy(char *, const char *, size_t);
>       |                         ^~~~~~~~~~~~
> labrea_init.c: In function ‘labrea_init’:
> labrea_init.c:375:28: warning: pointer targets in passing argument 1 of ‘read_number’ differ in signedness [-Wpointer-sign]
>   375 |  io.intf_num = read_number(optarg);
>       |                            ^~~~~~
>       |                            |
>       |                            char *
> labrea_init.c:159:22: note: expected ‘u_char *’ {aka ‘unsigned char *’} but argument is of type ‘char *’
>   159 | read_number (u_char *p)
>       |              ~~~~~~~~^
> labrea_init.c:423:38: warning: pointer targets in passing argument 1 of ‘read_number’ differ in signedness [-Wpointer-sign]
>   423 |       ctl.throttlesize = read_number(optarg);
>       |                                      ^~~~~~
>       |                                      |
>       |                                      char *
> labrea_init.c:159:22: note: expected ‘u_char *’ {aka ‘unsigned char *’} but argument is of type ‘char *’
>   159 | read_number (u_char *p)
>       |              ~~~~~~~~^
> labrea_init.c:426:30: warning: pointer targets in passing argument 1 of ‘read_number’ differ in signedness [-Wpointer-sign]
>   426 |       ctl.rate = read_number(optarg);
>       |                              ^~~~~~
>       |                              |
>       |                              char *
> labrea_init.c:159:22: note: expected ‘u_char *’ {aka ‘unsigned char *’} but argument is of type ‘char *’
>   159 | read_number (u_char *p)
>       |              ~~~~~~~~^
> labrea_init.c:441:31: warning: pointer targets in passing argument 1 of ‘read_number’ differ in signedness [-Wpointer-sign]
>   441 |       ctl.maxbw = read_number(optarg);
>       |                               ^~~~~~
>       |                               |
>       |                               char *
> labrea_init.c:159:22: note: expected ‘u_char *’ {aka ‘unsigned char *’} but argument is of type ‘char *’
>   159 | read_number (u_char *p)
>       |              ~~~~~~~~^
> labrea_init.c:462:32: warning: pointer targets in passing argument 1 of ‘read_number’ differ in signedness [-Wpointer-sign]
>   462 |  ctl.syslog_port = read_number(optarg);
>       |                                ^~~~~~
>       |                                |
>       |                                char *
> labrea_init.c:159:22: note: expected ‘u_char *’ {aka ‘unsigned char *’} but argument is of type ‘char *’
>   159 | read_number (u_char *p)
>       |              ~~~~~~~~^
> labrea_init.c:475:36: warning: pointer targets in passing argument 1 of ‘read_number’ differ in signedness [-Wpointer-sign]
>   475 |       ctl.debuglevel = read_number(optarg);
>       |                                    ^~~~~~
>       |                                    |
>       |                                    char *
> labrea_init.c:159:22: note: expected ‘u_char *’ {aka ‘unsigned char *’} but argument is of type ‘char *’
>   159 | read_number (u_char *p)
>       |              ~~~~~~~~^
> labrea_init.c:543:22: warning: pointer targets in passing argument 1 of ‘build_bpf_filter’ differ in signedness [-Wpointer-sign]
>   543 |     build_bpf_filter(texpr, bpf, BPFSIZE);
>       |                      ^~~~~
>       |                      |
>       |                      char *
> labrea_init.c:123:26: note: expected ‘u_char *’ {aka ‘unsigned char *’} but argument is of type ‘char *’
>   123 | build_bpf_filter(u_char *texpr, const u_char *chunk, const size_t siz)
>       |                  ~~~~~~~~^~~~~
> labrea_init.c:543:29: warning: pointer targets in passing argument 2 of ‘build_bpf_filter’ differ in signedness [-Wpointer-sign]
>   543 |     build_bpf_filter(texpr, bpf, BPFSIZE);
>       |                             ^~~
>       |                             |
>       |                             char *
> labrea_init.c:123:47: note: expected ‘const u_char *’ {aka ‘const unsigned char *’} but argument is of type ‘char *’
>   123 | build_bpf_filter(u_char *texpr, const u_char *chunk, const size_t siz)
>       |                                 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~^~~~~
> labrea_init.c:553:24: warning: pointer targets in passing argument 1 of ‘build_bpf_filter’ differ in signedness [-Wpointer-sign]
>   553 |       build_bpf_filter(texpr, " or (", BPFSIZE);
>       |                        ^~~~~
>       |                        |
>       |                        char *
> labrea_init.c:123:26: note: expected ‘u_char *’ {aka ‘unsigned char *’} but argument is of type ‘char *’
>   123 | build_bpf_filter(u_char *texpr, const u_char *chunk, const size_t siz)
>       |                  ~~~~~~~~^~~~~
> labrea_init.c:553:31: warning: pointer targets in passing argument 2 of ‘build_bpf_filter’ differ in signedness [-Wpointer-sign]
>   553 |       build_bpf_filter(texpr, " or (", BPFSIZE);
>       |                               ^~~~~~~
>       |                               |
>       |                               char *
> labrea_init.c:123:47: note: expected ‘const u_char *’ {aka ‘const unsigned char *’} but argument is of type ‘char *’
>   123 | build_bpf_filter(u_char *texpr, const u_char *chunk, const size_t siz)
>       |                                 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~^~~~~
> labrea_init.c:556:19: warning: pointer targets in passing argument 1 of ‘build_bpf_filter’ differ in signedness [-Wpointer-sign]
>   556 |  build_bpf_filter(texpr, argv[c], BPFSIZE); /* tack on another argument */
>       |                   ^~~~~
>       |                   |
>       |                   char *
> labrea_init.c:123:26: note: expected ‘u_char *’ {aka ‘unsigned char *’} but argument is of type ‘char *’
>   123 | build_bpf_filter(u_char *texpr, const u_char *chunk, const size_t siz)
>       |                  ~~~~~~~~^~~~~
> labrea_init.c:556:30: warning: pointer targets in passing argument 2 of ‘build_bpf_filter’ differ in signedness [-Wpointer-sign]
>   556 |  build_bpf_filter(texpr, argv[c], BPFSIZE); /* tack on another argument */
>       |                          ~~~~^~~
>       |                              |
>       |                              char *
> labrea_init.c:123:47: note: expected ‘const u_char *’ {aka ‘const unsigned char *’} but argument is of type ‘char *’
>   123 | build_bpf_filter(u_char *texpr, const u_char *chunk, const size_t siz)
>       |                                 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~^~~~~
> labrea_init.c:558:24: warning: pointer targets in passing argument 1 of ‘build_bpf_filter’ differ in signedness [-Wpointer-sign]
>   558 |       build_bpf_filter(texpr, ")", BPFSIZE);
>       |                        ^~~~~
>       |                        |
>       |                        char *
> labrea_init.c:123:26: note: expected ‘u_char *’ {aka ‘unsigned char *’} but argument is of type ‘char *’
>   123 | build_bpf_filter(u_char *texpr, const u_char *chunk, const size_t siz)
>       |                  ~~~~~~~~^~~~~
> labrea_init.c:558:31: warning: pointer targets in passing argument 2 of ‘build_bpf_filter’ differ in signedness [-Wpointer-sign]
>   558 |       build_bpf_filter(texpr, ")", BPFSIZE);
>       |                               ^~~
>       |                               |
>       |                               char *
> labrea_init.c:123:47: note: expected ‘const u_char *’ {aka ‘const unsigned char *’} but argument is of type ‘char *’
>   123 | build_bpf_filter(u_char *texpr, const u_char *chunk, const size_t siz)
>       |                                 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~^~~~~
> labrea_init.c:568:21: warning: pointer targets in passing argument 1 of ‘build_bpf_filter’ differ in signedness [-Wpointer-sign]
>   568 |    build_bpf_filter(texpr, " or (", BPFSIZE);
>       |                     ^~~~~
>       |                     |
>       |                     char *
> labrea_init.c:123:26: note: expected ‘u_char *’ {aka ‘unsigned char *’} but argument is of type ‘char *’
>   123 | build_bpf_filter(u_char *texpr, const u_char *chunk, const size_t siz)
>       |                  ~~~~~~~~^~~~~
> labrea_init.c:568:28: warning: pointer targets in passing argument 2 of ‘build_bpf_filter’ differ in signedness [-Wpointer-sign]
>   568 |    build_bpf_filter(texpr, " or (", BPFSIZE);
>       |                            ^~~~~~~
>       |                            |
>       |                            char *
> labrea_init.c:123:47: note: expected ‘const u_char *’ {aka ‘const unsigned char *’} but argument is of type ‘char *’
>   123 | build_bpf_filter(u_char *texpr, const u_char *chunk, const size_t siz)
>       |                                 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~^~~~~
> labrea_init.c:573:25: warning: pointer targets in passing argument 1 of ‘build_bpf_filter’ differ in signedness [-Wpointer-sign]
>   573 |        build_bpf_filter(texpr, mybuffer, BPFSIZE);
>       |                         ^~~~~
>       |                         |
>       |                         char *
> labrea_init.c:123:26: note: expected ‘u_char *’ {aka ‘unsigned char *’} but argument is of type ‘char *’
>   123 | build_bpf_filter(u_char *texpr, const u_char *chunk, const size_t siz)
>       |                  ~~~~~~~~^~~~~
> labrea_init.c:573:32: warning: pointer targets in passing argument 2 of ‘build_bpf_filter’ differ in signedness [-Wpointer-sign]
>   573 |        build_bpf_filter(texpr, mybuffer, BPFSIZE);
>       |                                ^~~~~~~~
>       |                                |
>       |                                char *
> labrea_init.c:123:47: note: expected ‘const u_char *’ {aka ‘const unsigned char *’} but argument is of type ‘char *’
>   123 | build_bpf_filter(u_char *texpr, const u_char *chunk, const size_t siz)
>       |                                 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~^~~~~
> labrea_init.c:576:23: warning: pointer targets in passing argument 1 of ‘build_bpf_filter’ differ in signedness [-Wpointer-sign]
>   576 |      build_bpf_filter(texpr, ")", BPFSIZE);
>       |                       ^~~~~
>       |                       |
>       |                       char *
> labrea_init.c:123:26: note: expected ‘u_char *’ {aka ‘unsigned char *’} but argument is of type ‘char *’
>   123 | build_bpf_filter(u_char *texpr, const u_char *chunk, const size_t siz)
>       |                  ~~~~~~~~^~~~~
> labrea_init.c:576:30: warning: pointer targets in passing argument 2 of ‘build_bpf_filter’ differ in signedness [-Wpointer-sign]
>   576 |      build_bpf_filter(texpr, ")", BPFSIZE);
>       |                              ^~~
>       |                              |
>       |                              char *
> labrea_init.c:123:47: note: expected ‘const u_char *’ {aka ‘const unsigned char *’} but argument is of type ‘char *’
>   123 | build_bpf_filter(u_char *texpr, const u_char *chunk, const size_t siz)
>       |                                 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~^~~~~
> labrea_init.c:670:13: warning: pointer targets in passing argument 1 of ‘lbio_init’ differ in signedness [-Wpointer-sign]
>   670 |   lbio_init(dev, texpr);
>       |             ^~~
>       |             |
>       |             char *
> In file included from labrea_init.c:54:
> ../inc/lbio.h:66:25: note: expected ‘u_char *’ {aka ‘unsigned char *’} but argument is of type ‘char *’
>    66 | void  lbio_init(u_char *dev, u_char *texpr);
>       |                 ~~~~~~~~^~~
> labrea_init.c:670:18: warning: pointer targets in passing argument 2 of ‘lbio_init’ differ in signedness [-Wpointer-sign]
>   670 |   lbio_init(dev, texpr);
>       |                  ^~~~~
>       |                  |
>       |                  char *
> In file included from labrea_init.c:54:
> ../inc/lbio.h:66:38: note: expected ‘u_char *’ {aka ‘unsigned char *’} but argument is of type ‘char *’
>    66 | void  lbio_init(u_char *dev, u_char *texpr);
>       |                              ~~~~~~~~^~~~~
> make[3]: *** [Makefile:235: labrea_init.o] Error 1
The full build log is available from:
   http://qa-logs.debian.net/2020/02/22/labrea_2.5-stable-3_unstable.log

A list of current common problems and possible solutions is available at
http://wiki.debian.org/qa.debian.org/FTBFS . You're welcome to contribute!

About the archive rebuild: The rebuild was done on EC2 VM instances from
Amazon Web Services, using a clean, minimal and up-to-date chroot. Every
failed build was retried once to eliminate random failures.

Source: labrea
Source-Version: 2.5-stable-3.1
Done: Sudip Mukherjee <[hidden email]>

We believe that the bug you reported is fixed in the latest version of
labrea, which is due to be installed in the Debian FTP archive.

A summary of the changes between this version and the previous one is
attached.

Thank you for reporting the bug, which will now be closed.  If you
have further comments please address them to [hidden email],
and the maintainer will reopen the bug report if appropriate.

Debian distribution maintenance software
pp.
Sudip Mukherjee <[hidden email]> (supplier of updated labrea package)

(This message was generated automatically at their request; if you
believe that there is a problem with it please contact the archive
administrators by mailing [hidden email])


-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Hash: SHA256

Format: 1.8
Date: Wed, 08 Apr 2020 13:06:10 +0100
Source: labrea
Architecture: source
Version: 2.5-stable-3.1
Distribution: unstable
Urgency: medium
Maintainer: Vincent Bernat <[hidden email]>
Changed-By: Sudip Mukherjee <[hidden email]>
Closes: 952064
Changes:
 labrea (2.5-stable-3.1) unstable; urgency=medium
 .
   * Non-maintainer upload.
   * Fix FTBFS. (Closes: #952064)
Checksums-Sha1:
 b4ff92263934939fb526e9b99196acc8eab2a93c 1794 labrea_2.5-stable-3.1.dsc
 e13060a86d4b0b3e7dc78048ca4b065a3f6c89da 10680 labrea_2.5-stable-3.1.diff.gz
 1a99d6ee609d9d0395d504e17df1724a57b9801e 6528 labrea_2.5-stable-3.1_amd64.buildinfo
Checksums-Sha256:
 94482b4210a9fd4ad9fb99533c2c80143d52b2c5ada1f8c433100921a3eea297 1794 labrea_2.5-stable-3.1.dsc
 66c050660c5f33902c7479fafc5dfb3131c090b0f7abc2601087de83dec9c065 10680 labrea_2.5-stable-3.1.diff.gz
 2a1121383b83fa9d56d5dfa807496676370d4f4199faf30f084614eccee95439 6528 labrea_2.5-stable-3.1_amd64.buildinfo
Files:
 6633c24a56b80dc804c94e703b505fb4 1794 net optional labrea_2.5-stable-3.1.dsc
 36fb0cde424dd7bf6832d43b344fe25f 10680 net optional labrea_2.5-stable-3.1.diff.gz
 4967bec8ce547ec75b6d06b01658a83b 6528 net optional labrea_2.5-stable-3.1_amd64.buildinfo

-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
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=woEy
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----