Bug#954826: libgcc-8-dev: depends on unavailable version of libgcc-s1

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
9 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Bug#954826: libgcc-8-dev: depends on unavailable version of libgcc-s1

Sven Joachim
Package: libgcc-8-dev
Version: 8.4.0-2
Severity: grave

The latest version of gcc-8 is not installable because libgcc-8-dev
depends on libgcc-s1 (>= 1:8.4.0-2), but the version of libgcc-s1 in the
archive does not have an epoch and is therefore too low to fulfill this
requirement.

The same holds for libgcc-7-dev 7.5.0-6.

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Bug#954826: libgcc-8-dev: depends on unavailable version of libgcc-s1

Matthias Klose
On 3/24/20 6:46 AM, Sven Joachim wrote:

> Package: libgcc-8-dev
> Version: 8.4.0-2
> Severity: grave
>
> The latest version of gcc-8 is not installable because libgcc-8-dev
> depends on libgcc-s1 (>= 1:8.4.0-2), but the version of libgcc-s1 in the
> archive does not have an epoch and is therefore too low to fulfill this
> requirement.
>
> The same holds for libgcc-7-dev 7.5.0-6.

now filed removal bugs for these.

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Bug#954826: libgcc-8-dev: depends on unavailable version of libgcc-s1

Colomban Wendling-3
Hi,

Sorry if I'm too far off the tree, but isn't this just an overlook of
the dependency switch from libgcc1 (which has an "1" epoch) to the
libgcc-s1 (which doesn't have an epoch)?

ATM at least clang-9 (which is still the default in unstable) depends on
libgcc-8-dev, and while I probably miss some important details, I fail
to see why we have to drop gcc-8 because of this?

Regards,
Colomban

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Bug#954826: libgcc-8-dev: depends on unavailable version of libgcc-s1

Matthias Klose
On 3/26/20 8:51 PM, Colomban Wendling wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Sorry if I'm too far off the tree, but isn't this just an overlook of
> the dependency switch from libgcc1 (which has an "1" epoch) to the
> libgcc-s1 (which doesn't have an epoch)?
>
> ATM at least clang-9 (which is still the default in unstable) depends on
> libgcc-8-dev, and while I probably miss some important details, I fail
> to see why we have to drop gcc-8 because of this?

yes, but we cannot rebuild the package, because it build-depends on gnat-8.
Filed a removal bug for gcc-8 instead.

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Bug#954826: libgcc-8-dev: depends on unavailable version of libgcc-s1

Mauricio Calvao
In reply to this post by Sven Joachim
I have come across this grave bug as well.

I have a Debian sid suite in my desktop machine, regularly updated every other week.

If I try:

# apt install libgcc-8-dev

I get:

Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree      
Reading state information... Done
Some packages could not be installed. This may mean that you have
requested an impossible situation or if you are using the unstable
distribution that some required packages have not yet been created
or been moved out of Incoming.
The following information may help to resolve the situation:

The following packages have unmet dependencies:
 libgcc-8-dev : Depends: libgcc-s1 (>= 1:8.4.0-2) but 10-20200324-1 is to be installed
E: Unable to correct problems, you have held broken packages.

PS: I noticed this after a full-upgrade, when my former fully functional RStudio program no longer worked.
i downloaded its official deb package from RStudio site and it was unable to install, stating that it had
dependency problems with libgclang-dev. I tracked down the problem up to libgcc-s1.

--
#######################################
Prof. Mauricio Ortiz Calvao
Federal University of Rio de Janeiro
Institute of Physics, P O Box 68528
CEP 21941-972 Rio de Janeiro, RJ
Brazil

Email: [hidden email]
Phone: (55)(21)39387483
Homepage: http://www.if.ufrj.br/~orca
#######################################
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Bug#954826: libgcc-8-dev: depends on unavailable version of libgcc-s1

Andreas Beckmann-4
In reply to this post by Matthias Klose
On Thu, 26 Mar 2020 21:02:59 +0100 Matthias Klose <[hidden email]> wrote:
> yes, but we cannot rebuild the package, because it build-depends on gnat-8.
> Filed a removal bug for gcc-8 instead.

An easy fix would probably be to temporarily add a versioned
  Provides: libgcc-s1 (= 1:${binary:Version})
to libgcc-s1 in src:gcc-10 which should make libgcc-8-dev installable
again, s.t. gcc-8 can be rebuilt fixed.

Andreas

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Bug#954826: libgcc-8-dev: depends on unavailable version of libgcc-s1

Andreas Beckmann-4
In reply to this post by Sven Joachim
On 02/04/2020 11.13, Matthias Klose wrote:
> On 4/2/20 1:30 AM, Andreas Beckmann wrote:
>> On Thu, 26 Mar 2020 21:02:59 +0100 Matthias Klose <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>> yes, but we cannot rebuild the package, because it build-depends on gnat-8.
>>> Filed a removal bug for gcc-8 instead.
>>
>> An easy fix would probably be to temporarily add a versioned
>>   Provides: libgcc-s1 (= 1:${binary:Version})
or rather libgcc1-s1 (= ${gcc:EpochVersion})
>> to libgcc-s1 in src:gcc-10 which should make libgcc-8-dev installable
>> again, s.t. gcc-8 can be rebuilt fixed.
>
> that's a good idea.

I had gcc-10 rebuilding last night with that change (see attached patch)
and just tried it in a pbuilder sid chroot.
* libgcc-8-dev was installable again
* downgrading gcc-10 to the sid version (i.e. switching again to a
version without that provides) worked as well (after removing
libgcc-8-dev first, of course).

Andreas

gcc-10_10-20200324-1.1.dsc.diff (2K) Download Attachment
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Bug#954826: marked as done (libgcc-8-dev: depends on unavailable version of libgcc-s1)

Debian Bug Tracking System
In reply to this post by Sven Joachim
Your message dated Thu, 02 Apr 2020 13:33:36 +0000
with message-id <[hidden email]>
and subject line Bug#954826: fixed in gcc-10 10-20200402-1
has caused the Debian Bug report #954826,
regarding libgcc-8-dev: depends on unavailable version of libgcc-s1
to be marked as done.

This means that you claim that the problem has been dealt with.
If this is not the case it is now your responsibility to reopen the
Bug report if necessary, and/or fix the problem forthwith.

(NB: If you are a system administrator and have no idea what this
message is talking about, this may indicate a serious mail system
misconfiguration somewhere. Please contact [hidden email]
immediately.)


--
954826: https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=954826
Debian Bug Tracking System
Contact [hidden email] with problems

Package: libgcc-8-dev
Version: 8.4.0-2
Severity: grave

The latest version of gcc-8 is not installable because libgcc-8-dev
depends on libgcc-s1 (>= 1:8.4.0-2), but the version of libgcc-s1 in the
archive does not have an epoch and is therefore too low to fulfill this
requirement.

The same holds for libgcc-7-dev 7.5.0-6.

Source: gcc-10
Source-Version: 10-20200402-1
Done: Matthias Klose <[hidden email]>

We believe that the bug you reported is fixed in the latest version of
gcc-10, which is due to be installed in the Debian FTP archive.

A summary of the changes between this version and the previous one is
attached.

Thank you for reporting the bug, which will now be closed.  If you
have further comments please address them to [hidden email],
and the maintainer will reopen the bug report if appropriate.

Debian distribution maintenance software
pp.
Matthias Klose <[hidden email]> (supplier of updated gcc-10 package)

(This message was generated automatically at their request; if you
believe that there is a problem with it please contact the archive
administrators by mailing [hidden email])


-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Hash: SHA256

Format: 1.8
Date: Thu, 02 Apr 2020 15:01:48 +0200
Source: gcc-10
Architecture: source
Version: 10-20200402-1
Distribution: unstable
Urgency: medium
Maintainer: Debian GCC Maintainers <[hidden email]>
Changed-By: Matthias Klose <[hidden email]>
Closes: 954826 954954
Changes:
 gcc-10 (10-20200402-1) unstable; urgency=medium
 .
   * GCC snapshot, taken from the trunk (20200402, 86c92411320).
   * Fix PR target/94254 (PPC), proposed patch.
   * Update libstdc++6 symbols file for armel. Closes: #954954.
   * libgcc-sN: Provide libgcc-sN with an epoch version to rebuild gcc-8.
     Closes: #954826.
Checksums-Sha1:
 7d28aa661c2b8cad975ccdb2ce7be82a1cc0ccb6 27934 gcc-10_10-20200402-1.dsc
 fd4eb7c3180f6193121b95c6d5f2901807ac9e37 89075849 gcc-10_10-20200402.orig.tar.gz
 2038a1099c1b7cb96f337ef2f5ce68c6033a55da 557380 gcc-10_10-20200402-1.debian.tar.xz
 18584bea44f10c4952628b89d4a8762e3ab55eed 10689 gcc-10_10-20200402-1_source.buildinfo
Checksums-Sha256:
 00d2ee94c24b8b6eee2ee43b94c7baf80399198d2fcf182882676f6da0a8f149 27934 gcc-10_10-20200402-1.dsc
 2a2471ede4f0a9ad7d5566d187cb1ab71b804f487d913c7d449dcfc70cf145a2 89075849 gcc-10_10-20200402.orig.tar.gz
 ad7e185c8f49bfc12589dbc92b15ce5238f16474e681518381d38153183a3e2a 557380 gcc-10_10-20200402-1.debian.tar.xz
 06a2286293e61faf553d20b7c3859e9508435cf18234e204419888dc37e116d4 10689 gcc-10_10-20200402-1_source.buildinfo
Files:
 ff343bad55e374b56b552bd0a7e95179 27934 devel optional gcc-10_10-20200402-1.dsc
 ddb79b1f0e75c38e1cbd838945eb2d05 89075849 devel optional gcc-10_10-20200402.orig.tar.gz
 ae14d0625e9479be6b454d37340bc643 557380 devel optional gcc-10_10-20200402-1.debian.tar.xz
 8d4e8496c7faf863146b76b560dca9cb 10689 devel optional gcc-10_10-20200402-1_source.buildinfo

-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
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=8wIN
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Bug#954826: marked as done (libgcc-8-dev: depends on unavailable version of libgcc-s1)

Debian Bug Tracking System
In reply to this post by Sven Joachim
Your message dated Thu, 02 Apr 2020 14:22:14 +0000
with message-id <[hidden email]>
and subject line Bug#954826: fixed in gcc-8 8.4.0-3
has caused the Debian Bug report #954826,
regarding libgcc-8-dev: depends on unavailable version of libgcc-s1
to be marked as done.

This means that you claim that the problem has been dealt with.
If this is not the case it is now your responsibility to reopen the
Bug report if necessary, and/or fix the problem forthwith.

(NB: If you are a system administrator and have no idea what this
message is talking about, this may indicate a serious mail system
misconfiguration somewhere. Please contact [hidden email]
immediately.)


--
954826: https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=954826
Debian Bug Tracking System
Contact [hidden email] with problems

Package: libgcc-8-dev
Version: 8.4.0-2
Severity: grave

The latest version of gcc-8 is not installable because libgcc-8-dev
depends on libgcc-s1 (>= 1:8.4.0-2), but the version of libgcc-s1 in the
archive does not have an epoch and is therefore too low to fulfill this
requirement.

The same holds for libgcc-7-dev 7.5.0-6.

Source: gcc-8
Source-Version: 8.4.0-3
Done: Matthias Klose <[hidden email]>

We believe that the bug you reported is fixed in the latest version of
gcc-8, which is due to be installed in the Debian FTP archive.

A summary of the changes between this version and the previous one is
attached.

Thank you for reporting the bug, which will now be closed.  If you
have further comments please address them to [hidden email],
and the maintainer will reopen the bug report if appropriate.

Debian distribution maintenance software
pp.
Matthias Klose <[hidden email]> (supplier of updated gcc-8 package)

(This message was generated automatically at their request; if you
believe that there is a problem with it please contact the archive
administrators by mailing [hidden email])


-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Hash: SHA256

Format: 1.8
Date: Thu, 02 Apr 2020 15:30:15 +0200
Source: gcc-8
Architecture: source
Version: 8.4.0-3
Distribution: unstable
Urgency: medium
Maintainer: Debian GCC Maintainers <[hidden email]>
Changed-By: Matthias Klose <[hidden email]>
Closes: 954826
Changes:
 gcc-8 (8.4.0-3) unstable; urgency=medium
 .
   * Update to git 20200402 from the gcc-8 branch.
     - Fix PR target/93819 (PPC), PR target/87583 (PPC), PR gcov-profile/91601,
       PR lto/94249, PR c++/84733, PR fortran/94030, PR fortran/92775,
       PR fortran/93484.
   * Fix libgcc-sN dependency generation. Closes: #954826.
Checksums-Sha1:
 d7cfa6375fea311e617c6a69856257f8f2efd729 19729 gcc-8_8.4.0-3.dsc
 747f057570ae2f9ee31127978b58f83133b259de 655645 gcc-8_8.4.0-3.diff.gz
 34f68d5294b368043b8c79bebec74127431923dc 9443 gcc-8_8.4.0-3_source.buildinfo
Checksums-Sha256:
 4a45f6c7948fa65c8813dbef87c5f382586e5f70fca2f64dbe2ecf23c7ffdd38 19729 gcc-8_8.4.0-3.dsc
 38e5a2b6168a63f769c202de9a642cff22733650e55cb6a96e0cb30780aed036 655645 gcc-8_8.4.0-3.diff.gz
 f29a324696f9683d9dd5bb4837dafb18cc48d8f06a4aba3c5f58472b4a2b61af 9443 gcc-8_8.4.0-3_source.buildinfo
Files:
 2374c313066556a48ad62c62b4d09d8a 19729 devel optional gcc-8_8.4.0-3.dsc
 dc6901d6f7d221a41875c573ccc52c1e 655645 devel optional gcc-8_8.4.0-3.diff.gz
 cf31a11d62897fd5c6e335240342ca04 9443 devel optional gcc-8_8.4.0-3_source.buildinfo

-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
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=F1Rf
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----