Bug#955213: Tracker shows for berkshelf package a version in unstable altough there is no such package in any release anymore

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
5 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Bug#955213: Tracker shows for berkshelf package a version in unstable altough there is no such package in any release anymore

Daniel Leidert-2
Package: tracker.debian.org
Severity: normal

-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Hash: SHA512

https://tracker.debian.org/pkg/berkshelf

still shows a version for berkshelf in unstable altough this package has been
removed more then a month ago. Also the package database has no berkshelf
record anymore. So I wonder, why it still lists this version record?

Regards, Daniel


- -- System Information:
Debian Release: bullseye/sid
  APT prefers unstable
  APT policy: (990, 'unstable'), (500, 'testing'), (500, 'stable'), (1, 'experimental')
Architecture: amd64 (x86_64)

Kernel: Linux 5.3.0-3-amd64 (SMP w/8 CPU cores)
Locale: LANG=de_DE.UTF-8, LC_CTYPE=de_DE.UTF-8 (charmap=UTF-8), LANGUAGE=de_DE.UTF-8 (charmap=UTF-8)
Shell: /bin/sh linked to /usr/bin/dash
Init: systemd (via /run/systemd/system)
LSM: AppArmor: enabled

-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
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=bZQH
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Bug#955213: Tracker shows for berkshelf package a version in unstable altough there is no such package in any release anymore

Adam Borowski-3
On Sat, Mar 28, 2020 at 03:10:56PM +0100, Daniel Leidert wrote:
> Package: tracker.debian.org

> https://tracker.debian.org/pkg/berkshelf
>
> still shows a version for berkshelf in unstable altough this package has been
> removed more then a month ago. Also the package database has no berkshelf
> record anymore. So I wonder, why it still lists this version record?

[~]$ rmadison berkshelf
curl: (22) The requested URL returned error: 500 Internal Server Error
[~]$ rmadison bash
curl: (22) The requested URL returned error: 500 Internal Server Error

So it's not a problem related to berkshelf.


Meow!
--
⢀⣴⠾⠻⢶⣦⠀
⣾⠁⢠⠒⠀⣿⡁ in the beginning was the boot and root floppies and they were good.
⢿⡄⠘⠷⠚⠋⠀                                       -- <willmore> on #linux-sunxi
⠈⠳⣄⠀⠀⠀⠀

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Bug#955213: Tracker shows for berkshelf package a version in unstable altough there is no such package in any release anymore

Daniel Leidert-2
Am Samstag, den 28.03.2020, 15:43 +0100 schrieb Adam Borowski:

> On Sat, Mar 28, 2020 at 03:10:56PM +0100, Daniel Leidert wrote:
> > Package: tracker.debian.org
> > https://tracker.debian.org/pkg/berkshelf
> >
> > still shows a version for berkshelf in unstable altough this package has
> > been
> > removed more then a month ago. Also the package database has no berkshelf
> > record anymore. So I wonder, why it still lists this version record?
>
> [~]$ rmadison berkshelf
> curl: (22) The requested URL returned error: 500 Internal Server Error
> [~]$ rmadison bash
> curl: (22) The requested URL returned error: 500 Internal Server Error
>
> So it's not a problem related to berkshelf.
This might be related to the currently running upgrade of ftp-master[1] and not
to the issue reported.

[1] https://lists.debian.org/debian-infrastructure-announce/2020/03/msg00005.html

Regards, Daniel

signature.asc (849 bytes) Download Attachment
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Bug#955213: Version information on tracker.d.o in many cases wrong

Daniel Leidert-2
In reply to this post by Daniel Leidert-2
Today I found several packages for which the version and release information is
completely wrong. rmadison and the tracker report different releases for the
same versions. Examples:

ruby-capistrano-colors
ruby-cal-heatmap-rails
ruby-algorithm-diff
ruby-albino

I'll probably find more. But this looks like a general issue...?

Regards, Daniel

signature.asc (849 bytes) Download Attachment
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Bug#955213: Version information on tracker.d.o in many cases wrong

Raphael Hertzog-3
Control: forcemerge 901500 -1

On Sun, 29 Mar 2020, Daniel Leidert wrote:

> Today I found several packages for which the version and release information is
> completely wrong. rmadison and the tracker report different releases for the
> same versions. Examples:
>
> ruby-capistrano-colors
> ruby-cal-heatmap-rails
> ruby-algorithm-diff
> ruby-albino
>
> I'll probably find more. But this looks like a general issue...?
It's a general issue affecting packages that have been removed from
Debian or from a subset of releases.

Notice how the pages that you linked indicate that "Package is gone" from
unstable.

There's also #948244 and #901500 that are related. I don't think that your
bug is reporting anything new. bershelf is case of #901500 and those
above are a case of #948244 AFAIK.

Cheers,
--
  ⢀⣴⠾⠻⢶⣦⠀   Raphaël Hertzog <[hidden email]>
  ⣾⠁⢠⠒⠀⣿⡁
  ⢿⡄⠘⠷⠚⠋    The Debian Handbook: https://debian-handbook.info/get/
  ⠈⠳⣄⠀⠀⠀⠀   Debian Long Term Support: https://deb.li/LTS

signature.asc (535 bytes) Download Attachment