Bug#955322: marked as done (RFS: pulseaudio-dlna/0.5.3+git20200329-0.1 -- stream audio to DLNA devices and Chromecasts)

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
1 message Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Bug#955322: marked as done (RFS: pulseaudio-dlna/0.5.3+git20200329-0.1 -- stream audio to DLNA devices and Chromecasts)

Debian Bug Tracking System
Your message dated Mon, 30 Mar 2020 01:26:55 +0200
with message-id <[hidden email]>
and subject line Re: Bug#955322: RFS: pulseaudio-dlna -- stream audio to DLNA devices and Chromecasts
has caused the Debian Bug report #955322,
regarding RFS: pulseaudio-dlna/0.5.3+git20200329-0.1 -- stream audio to DLNA devices and Chromecasts
to be marked as done.

This means that you claim that the problem has been dealt with.
If this is not the case it is now your responsibility to reopen the
Bug report if necessary, and/or fix the problem forthwith.

(NB: If you are a system administrator and have no idea what this
message is talking about, this may indicate a serious mail system
misconfiguration somewhere. Please contact [hidden email]
immediately.)


--
955322: https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=955322
Debian Bug Tracking System
Contact [hidden email] with problems

Package: sponsorship-requests
Severity: normal
X-Debbugs-CC: [hidden email], [hidden email]

Dear mentors,

I am looking for a sponsor for a NMU of the 'pulseaudio-dlna' package.

The package has been removed from testing because it's still using Python 2,
and there seems to be no recent upstream activity. There is, however, a fork
of the upstream repository with a port to Python 3, which I have packaged
for this upload to make the package usable again.

All of the details, including where my upstream tarball came from, are in
d/changelog. The package is Lintian-clean, and I have verified that it works
with a DLNA device of mine.

The current maintainer hasn't made an upload for this package in three years
and does not seem to have made any effort to solve the open RC bugs, so I
think a NMU is warranted here. However, I've still added him in X-Debbugs-CC
to be sure.

I have created a Git repository for this package, but I think it would be
best to maintain this repository in the Debian group on Salsa, so whoever
sponsors this package: Please also create the repository that the
Vcs-{Git,Browser} fields point to and give me "Maintainer" access to it, so
that I can push to it.


The package can be found on Salsa (temporarily, see above) and on Mentors:

  https://mentors.debian.net/package/pulseaudio-dlna
  https://salsa.debian.org/wolff-guest/pulseaudio-dlna

Thanks for your help!

Fabian

On Sun, Mar 29, 2020 at 10:38:44PM +0200, Fabian Wolff wrote:
> The package has been removed from testing because it's still using Python 2,
> and there seems to be no recent upstream activity. There is, however, a fork
> of the upstream repository with a port to Python 3, which I have packaged
> for this upload to make the package usable again.
[...]
> The current maintainer hasn't made an upload for this package in three years
> and does not seem to have made any effort to solve the open RC bugs, so I
> think a NMU is warranted here. However, I've still added him in X-Debbugs-CC
> to be sure.

Hi Fabian!
I like your changes, the new version looks good, and fixing a package that
has been broken (RC-buggy, uninstallable) for more than half a year is
definitely grounds for a NMU.

On the other hand, the changes are too intrusive for a no-prior-warning NMU
in my opinion.  Let's wait a week for Muammar's response.

Muammar: if you're too busy, just do nothing.  I like fire-and-forget
solutions, thus I've placed this upload in DELAYED/7.  dcut is a nice tool,
be it for rescheduling to 0 or for cancelling.


Meow!
--
⢀⣴⠾⠻⢶⣦⠀
⣾⠁⢠⠒⠀⣿⡁ in the beginning was the boot and root floppies and they were good.
⢿⡄⠘⠷⠚⠋⠀                                       -- <willmore> on #linux-sunxi
⠈⠳⣄⠀⠀⠀⠀