Bug#955753: marked as done (RFS: ck/0.6.0-1.4 [NMU, RC] -- Concurrency Kit)

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
1 message Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Bug#955753: marked as done (RFS: ck/0.6.0-1.4 [NMU, RC] -- Concurrency Kit)

Debian Bug Tracking System
Your message dated Sun, 5 Apr 2020 19:13:13 +0200
with message-id <[hidden email]>
and subject line Re: Bug#955753: RFS: ck/0.6.0-1.4 [NMU, RC] -- Concurrency Kit
has caused the Debian Bug report #955753,
regarding RFS: ck/0.6.0-1.4 [NMU, RC] -- Concurrency Kit
to be marked as done.

This means that you claim that the problem has been dealt with.
If this is not the case it is now your responsibility to reopen the
Bug report if necessary, and/or fix the problem forthwith.

(NB: If you are a system administrator and have no idea what this
message is talking about, this may indicate a serious mail system
misconfiguration somewhere. Please contact [hidden email]
immediately.)


--
955753: https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=955753
Debian Bug Tracking System
Contact [hidden email] with problems

Package: sponsorship-requests
Severity: important

Dear mentors,

I am looking for a sponsor for "ck"

 * Package name    : ck
   Version         : 0.6.0-1.4
   Upstream Author : Samy Al Bahra
 * URL             : http://concurrencykit.org/
 * License         : BSD-2-clause
 * Vcs             : https://anonscm.debian.org/cgit/collab-maint/ck.git
   Section         : libs

It builds those binary packages:

  libck0 - Concurrency Kit - shared libraries
  libck-dev - Concurrency Kit - development files

To access further information about this package, please visit the
following URL:

  https://mentors.debian.net/package/ck

Alternatively, one can download the package with dget using this
command:

  dget -x https://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/c/ck/ck_0.6.0-1.4.dsc

Changes since the last upload:

   * Non-maintainer upload.
   * Explicitly set the platform option when building for armhf
     rather than rely on the configure script's autodetection.

I'm doing another nmu for ck, as the previous one (0.6.0-1.3) failed to
build for armhf [1], preventing migration [2]. Build failure occurs
because the configure script fails to autodetect the platform, for no
apparent reason.

That problem didn't exist in previous builds and also doesn't happen
when building -1.3 in ubuntu [3] for any architecture, armhf included.
The changes made in -1.3 didn't involve the configure script in any way.

[1] https://buildd.debian.org/status/fetch.php?pkg=ck&arch=armhf&ver=0.6.0-1.3&stamp=1585323705&raw=0
[2] https://qa.debian.org/excuses.php?package=ck
[3] https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/ck/0.6.0-1.3


Thank you!

On Sat, Apr 04, 2020 at 05:37:45PM +0200, JCF Ploemen wrote:
>  * Package name    : ck
>    Version         : 0.6.0-1.4

> Changes since the last upload:
>
>    * Non-maintainer upload.
>    * Explicitly set the platform option when building for armhf
>      rather than rely on the configure script's autodetection.
>
> I'm doing another nmu for ck, as the previous one (0.6.0-1.3) failed to
> build for armhf [1], preventing migration [2]. Build failure occurs
> because the configure script fails to autodetect the platform, for no
> apparent reason.
>
> That problem didn't exist in previous builds and also doesn't happen
> when building -1.3 in ubuntu [3] for any architecture, armhf included.
> The changes made in -1.3 didn't involve the configure script in any way.
The cause is the armhf buildds running on 64-bit hardware (just like i386
runs on amd64 for more than a decade).  This wouldn't be a problem if the
upstream configure script asked eg. the compiler, but instead it checks
"uname -m" which is never the right thing to do.  On my test box it says
"armv8l" which is not on ck's list.


Meow!
--
⢀⣴⠾⠻⢶⣦⠀
⣾⠁⢠⠒⠀⣿⡁ in the beginning was the boot and root floppies and they were good.
⢿⡄⠘⠷⠚⠋⠀                                       -- <willmore> on #linux-sunxi
⠈⠳⣄⠀⠀⠀⠀

attachment0 (201 bytes) Download Attachment