Bug#956736: python3-pbr: Uninstallable because of broken alternative

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
5 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Bug#956736: python3-pbr: Uninstallable because of broken alternative

Yannick Roehlly
Package: python3-pbr
Version: 5.4.3-3
Severity: grave
Justification: renders package unusable

Hi,

Updating python3-pbr (or installing it) fails with:

update-alternatives: error: alternative path /usr/bin/python3-pbr doesn't
exist

I suppose it's a left over of the alternative configuration when there was
Python 2 version. Now the Python 3 package directly provides /usr/bin/pbr.

Regards,

Yannick

-- System Information:
Debian Release: bullseye/sid
  APT prefers unstable
  APT policy: (500, 'unstable'), (1, 'experimental')
Architecture: amd64 (x86_64)
Foreign Architectures: i386

Kernel: Linux 5.6.4 (SMP w/12 CPU cores)
Kernel taint flags: TAINT_PROPRIETARY_MODULE, TAINT_OOT_MODULE,
TAINT_UNSIGNED_MODULE
Locale: LANG=fr_FR.UTF-8, LC_CTYPE=fr_FR.UTF-8 (charmap=UTF-8),
LANGUAGE=fr:en_GB (charmap=UTF-8)
Shell: /bin/sh linked to /bin/dash
Init: systemd (via /run/systemd/system)
LSM: AppArmor: enabled

Versions of packages python3-pbr depends on:
ii  python3                3.8.2-3
ii  python3-pkg-resources  44.0.0-1
ii  python3-setuptools     44.0.0-1
ii  python3-six            1.14.0-3

python3-pbr recommends no packages.

python3-pbr suggests no packages.

-- no debconf information

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Bug#956736: python3-pbr: Uninstallable because of broken alternative

Sandro Tosi-6
On Tue, 14 Apr 2020 19:05:25 -0400 Sandro Tosi <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > Updating python3-pbr (or installing it) fails with:
> >
> > update-alternatives: error: alternative path /usr/bin/python3-pbr doesn't
> > exist
> >
> > I suppose it's a left over of the alternative configuration when there was
> > Python 2 version. Now the Python 3 package directly provides /usr/bin/pbr.
>
> this is my fault, i'll take a look

I see zigo already fixed it in experimental with
https://salsa.debian.org/openstack-team/libs/python-pbr/-/commit/59c12ab553f08494e89642ecd368c6777df64057
-- wanna upload that package to sid, Thomas?

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Bug#956736: marked as pending in python-pbr

Thomas Goirand-3
In reply to this post by Yannick Roehlly
Control: tag -1 pending

Hello,

Bug #956736 in python-pbr reported by you has been fixed in the
Git repository and is awaiting an upload. You can see the commit
message below and you can check the diff of the fix at:

https://salsa.debian.org/openstack-team/libs/python-pbr/-/commit/4014374d8c55502c180bb111de7486705de05335

------------------------------------------------------------------------
Uploading to experimental, fixing "cannot install" (Closes: #956736).
------------------------------------------------------------------------

(this message was generated automatically)
--
Greetings

https://bugs.debian.org/956736

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Processed: Bug#956736 marked as pending in python-pbr

Debian Bug Tracking System
In reply to this post by Yannick Roehlly
Processing control commands:

> tag -1 pending
Bug #956736 [python3-pbr] python3-pbr: Uninstallable because of broken alternative
Added tag(s) pending.

--
956736: https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=956736
Debian Bug Tracking System
Contact [hidden email] with problems

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Bug#956736: marked as done (python3-pbr: Uninstallable because of broken alternative)

Debian Bug Tracking System
In reply to this post by Yannick Roehlly
Your message dated Wed, 15 Apr 2020 07:49:38 +0000
with message-id <[hidden email]>
and subject line Bug#956736: fixed in python-pbr 5.4.5-2
has caused the Debian Bug report #956736,
regarding python3-pbr: Uninstallable because of broken alternative
to be marked as done.

This means that you claim that the problem has been dealt with.
If this is not the case it is now your responsibility to reopen the
Bug report if necessary, and/or fix the problem forthwith.

(NB: If you are a system administrator and have no idea what this
message is talking about, this may indicate a serious mail system
misconfiguration somewhere. Please contact [hidden email]
immediately.)


--
956736: https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=956736
Debian Bug Tracking System
Contact [hidden email] with problems

Package: python3-pbr
Version: 5.4.3-3
Severity: grave
Justification: renders package unusable

Hi,

Updating python3-pbr (or installing it) fails with:

update-alternatives: error: alternative path /usr/bin/python3-pbr doesn't
exist

I suppose it's a left over of the alternative configuration when there was
Python 2 version. Now the Python 3 package directly provides /usr/bin/pbr.

Regards,

Yannick

-- System Information:
Debian Release: bullseye/sid
  APT prefers unstable
  APT policy: (500, 'unstable'), (1, 'experimental')
Architecture: amd64 (x86_64)
Foreign Architectures: i386

Kernel: Linux 5.6.4 (SMP w/12 CPU cores)
Kernel taint flags: TAINT_PROPRIETARY_MODULE, TAINT_OOT_MODULE,
TAINT_UNSIGNED_MODULE
Locale: LANG=fr_FR.UTF-8, LC_CTYPE=fr_FR.UTF-8 (charmap=UTF-8),
LANGUAGE=fr:en_GB (charmap=UTF-8)
Shell: /bin/sh linked to /bin/dash
Init: systemd (via /run/systemd/system)
LSM: AppArmor: enabled

Versions of packages python3-pbr depends on:
ii  python3                3.8.2-3
ii  python3-pkg-resources  44.0.0-1
ii  python3-setuptools     44.0.0-1
ii  python3-six            1.14.0-3

python3-pbr recommends no packages.

python3-pbr suggests no packages.

-- no debconf information

Source: python-pbr
Source-Version: 5.4.5-2
Done: Thomas Goirand <[hidden email]>

We believe that the bug you reported is fixed in the latest version of
python-pbr, which is due to be installed in the Debian FTP archive.

A summary of the changes between this version and the previous one is
attached.

Thank you for reporting the bug, which will now be closed.  If you
have further comments please address them to [hidden email],
and the maintainer will reopen the bug report if appropriate.

Debian distribution maintenance software
pp.
Thomas Goirand <[hidden email]> (supplier of updated python-pbr package)

(This message was generated automatically at their request; if you
believe that there is a problem with it please contact the archive
administrators by mailing [hidden email])


-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Hash: SHA256

Format: 1.8
Date: Wed, 15 Apr 2020 09:11:52 +0200
Source: python-pbr
Architecture: source
Version: 5.4.5-2
Distribution: unstable
Urgency: medium
Maintainer: Debian OpenStack <[hidden email]>
Changed-By: Thomas Goirand <[hidden email]>
Closes: 956736
Changes:
 python-pbr (5.4.5-2) unstable; urgency=medium
 .
   * Uploading to experimental, fixing "cannot install" (Closes: #956736).
   * Disabled unit tests for now, as otherwise it wouldn't build because test
     dependencies need pbr to install. Will re-activate on next upload. Also
     disabled docs because of the same reason (sphinxcontrib.apidoc needs PBR).
Checksums-Sha1:
 2b3bb77fe9a533b91fd23e31332a947031a882a9 2211 python-pbr_5.4.5-2.dsc
 2434538f30d74713f5cdc5562564f567bc6f79ad 8032 python-pbr_5.4.5-2.debian.tar.xz
 26c8fec3e4148079b18e5a345a996294c8932baf 8556 python-pbr_5.4.5-2_amd64.buildinfo
Checksums-Sha256:
 7a1b238c57dc3742216ddda5914e1ea81596276023aa71beb57a14d5571de394 2211 python-pbr_5.4.5-2.dsc
 fb3cf088331ebd94816cde97e272105ec1fd0bdce470e20f01b8270a31668d27 8032 python-pbr_5.4.5-2.debian.tar.xz
 555e8ff692b51a4a05a08a46d2a5af5e963821beb974619e3acf557fa1a08d42 8556 python-pbr_5.4.5-2_amd64.buildinfo
Files:
 76e9eec56ad34467d5d5e6265124e168 2211 python optional python-pbr_5.4.5-2.dsc
 fa86ba802287e72530042380f1a57da5 8032 python optional python-pbr_5.4.5-2.debian.tar.xz
 2b7eaef69d58e440f79d6eb64e36ef1b 8556 python optional python-pbr_5.4.5-2_amd64.buildinfo

-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
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=kzTn
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----