Buster: Display what Firmware is applied

Buster: Display what Firmware is applied

Kenneth Parker-2
Due to special testing requirements (i.e. helping a Friend), I need to Install a new Buster Partition.  The current, running one required a significant amount of Trial and Error (Lenovo Ideapad 320  -- need I say more?), including non-free packages, before I was able to get Firmware that worked.  Amdgpu, and Wifi come to mind, but I recall having issues with a third piece of Hardware also.

Is there information I can get (via, either a command or a file display) to see what Firmware is actually Applied?  (Google was *not* helpful!)  Both the existing system, and what I want to Install are current levels of Buster.  Different Desktops (since I want to Eyeball Gnome, with Wayland on a Test Partition).

Thank you in advance!

Kenneth Parker

Re: Buster: Display what Firmware is applied

Greg Wooledge

dmesg | grep -i firmware

On Fri, Feb 28, 2020, 3:18 PM Greg Wooledge <[hidden email]> wrote:
On Fri, Feb 28, 2020 at 03:15:18PM -0500, Kenneth Parker wrote:
> Is there information I can get (via, either a command or a file display) to
> see what Firmware is actually Applied?

dmesg | grep -i firmware

Thank you Greg.  Just what I needed!

Kenneth Parker