Cannot mount a NFSv3 Share in Debian

RA DW
Hello debian-user group, I kindly ask your help regarding this issue.

I try to mount a NFSv3 share to one FreeNFS server (in Win7), however, after following almost all the guides in the web to mount it, I get an authentication error, even if the server gives rpcinfo from Debian8, and add the rpcbind : <NFS server IP address> line in  /etc/hosts.allow (https://justpaste.it/uk7b)

The FreeNFS server worked for other NFS Clients (i.e vmware esxi) and it dont need any autentication, so I dont understand why in my Debian8 doesnt work.

Regards.

Re: Cannot mount a NFSv3 Share in Debian

Mike Kupfer
RA DW wrote:

> I try to mount a NFSv3 share to one FreeNFS server (in Win7), however,
> after following almost all the guides in the web to mount it, I get an
> authentication error, even if the server gives rpcinfo from Debian8,
> and add the rpcbind : <NFS server IP address> line in /etc/hosts.allow
> (https://justpaste.it/uk7b)

I can't say I completely understand the mount.nfs log messages that you
posted, but maybe it would help to specify the NFS and mountd port
numbers in your mount command, e.g.,

  sudo mount -o mountvers=3,sec=none,port=2049,mountport=635 ...

(The port number for NFS will always be 2049.  The port number for
mountd might change, but you can look it up using rpcinfo.)

mike