Chemnitzer Linux-Tage 2016

Jan Dittberner-4
Hello,

the Chemnitzer Linux-Tage have opened their call for presentations [1].
The event will happen on 19th and 20th of March 2016 in the "Zentrales
Hörsaal- und Seminargebäude" of the Technical University Chemnitz.

I applied for a Debian booth and will do the booth organization as I did this
year. I copied this years Wiki page to a 2016 [2] version and will use
this Wiki page to organize the booth.

If you already know that you will come to Chemnitz and would like to
volunteer to help with the booth please let me know. The organizers give
free food, indoor camping and tickets for the social event on Saturday
evening to a *limited number* of booth helpers.

[1] https://chemnitzer.linux-tage.de/2016/de/programm
[2] https://wiki.debian.org/DebianEvents/de/2016/ChemnitzerLinuxTage

Best regards
Jan

PS: Sorry for resending the mail. I messed up the subject line and would
    like to link to this mail in the archive.

--
Jan Dittberner - Debian Developer
GPG-key: 4096R/558FB8DD 2009-05-10

Event Report Chemnitzer Linux-Tage 2016

Jan Dittberner-4
Last Weekend we attended the "Chemnitzer Linuxtage 2016" [0] hosted by the
Technical University Chemnitz.

As usual we had a lot of nice conversations with visitors and members from
other projects. Andreas Mundt gave a talk about "Debian for beginners" [1]
and Andreas Tille gave a spontanious lecture about Debian-Med when another
speaker fell ill. The booth was well staffed, eight people signed up
beforehand in the wiki [2] and several others showed up during the event.

That gave us enough time to have in depth talks with our visitors, answering
questions and solving their issues. Our table in the exhibition area was
located side-by-side with the German Debian support community
"debianforum.de" [3], naturally a lot of requests for help went directly to
them, leaving us only with some minor problems and detail questions they
could not answer, which left even more time for us to chat with visitors and
eat cookies. Did I say cookies? Yes, we got cookies! What a nice suprise,
lovely penguin cookies, donated by two longtime Debian users, who wanted to
express their gratitude to the whole project by leaving them with us - and
we took good care of them...

We had babelbox and xpenguins running on a large screen to decorate the
booth. In preparation for the event I updated the babelbox repository [4] to
be compatible with the Jessie installer and implemented a packer setup to
build the babelbox virtual machines starting from Debian installation media
[5]. I hope that this will be of use for other teams and events.

Thanks to the CLT orga team and all helpers, we had a great weekend!

Jan - on behalf of the team

[0]: https://chemnitzer.linux-tage.de/2016/en
[1]: https://chemnitzer.linux-tage.de/2016/en/programm/beitrag/191
[2]: https://wiki.debian.org/DebianEvents/de/2016/ChemnitzerLinuxTage
[3]: https://debianforum.de/forum/
[4]: http://anonscm.debian.org/cgit/d-i/babelbox.git
[5]: https://debianstuff.dittberner.info/gitweb/?p=babelbox-packer.git

--
Jan Dittberner - Debian Developer
GPG-key: 4096R/558FB8DD 2009-05-10
         B2FF 1D95 CE8F 7A22 DF4C  F09B A73E 0055 558F B8DD
https://portfolio.debian.net/ - https://people.debian.org/~jandd/

Re: Event Report Chemnitzer Linux-Tage 2016

Martin-36
On 2016-03-26 10:37, Jan Dittberner wrote:
...about the "Chemnitzer Linuxtage 2016"...

I just want to thank you for the comprehensive summary!
It would be nice to see more such reports on our mailing lists.
They may encourage people to visit similar events next time.

Cheers