Configure Network

libin_v
Hi,
 I was setting up my ethernet connection, using network-admin, in the
mean time there was a power-cut. When I tried to run network-admin, it
gave me some error (something to do with parsing, something to do with
"°*+!")
  here is my /etc/network/interface, i found some junk here
<start>

# The loopback network interface
auto lo
iface lo inet loopback

iface KK°*+! inet static

<end>
Please help me configure my network, is there any other means to
configure network other than network-admin.

Thanks in advance.

Libin Varghese.

Re: Configure Network

Joseph H. Fry
On Tuesday 29 November 2005 10:06 am, libin_v wrote:

> Hi,
>  I was setting up my ethernet connection, using network-admin, in the
> mean time there was a power-cut. When I tried to run network-admin, it
> gave me some error (something to do with parsing, something to do with
> "°*+!")
>   here is my /etc/network/interface, i found some junk here
> <start>
>
> # This file describes the network interfaces available on your system
> # and how to activate them. For more information, see interfaces(5).
>
> # The loopback network interface
> auto lo
> iface lo inet loopback
>

> iface KK°*+! inet static
>
> <end>
> Please help me configure my network, is there any other means to
> configure network other than network-admin.
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> Libin Varghese.

You can configure it by simply typing the desired information
in /etc/network/interfaces.

Or you might delete the " iface KK°*+! inet static" section save and rerun
network-admin.

Joe

Re: Configure Network

libin_v
Thanks Joseph, I deleted that and I rerun, worked fine