DM application of Michael Tokarev (mjt) - 2nd try

DM application of Michael Tokarev (mjt) - 2nd try

Michael Tokarev

Re: DM application of Michael Tokarev (mjt) - 2nd try

Moritz Muehlenhoff
You wrote:

> This is my 2nd attempt.  First one was back in December,
> see http://lists.debian.org/debian-newmaint/2010/12/msg00007.html --
> but it received no interest whatsoever, maybe it were just lost
> in the noize of squeeze release.  So here it goes again, sorry
> for the duplicate.
>
> Hello.
>
> This is my declaration of intent to become a Debian Maintainer.
>
> I have read the Social Contract, Debian Free Software Guidelines (DFSG) and Debian Machine Usage Policy (DUMP)
> and agree with all of them.
>
> Currently I maintain only qemu-kvm package, and have a few packages for which I'm upstream author
> (proxycheck, rbldnsd and udns).
>
> My GnuPG key is 2048R/804465C (56EE1 95D1 886E 8FFB 810D 4324 457C E0A0 8044 65C5), it is signed by
> Dmitry E. Oboukhov <[hidden email]>,
> Nikita V. Youshchenko <[hidden email]> and
> Alexander GQ Gerasiov <[hidden email]>.
>
> I already applied to become Debian Developer last year,
> but my DD process is stalled somewhere in the middle, see
> https://nm.debian.org/nmstatus.php?email=mjt%40tls.msk.ru
> (I'm awaiting for my AM to reply to my emails from September).

Did you point the people currently sponsoring your uploads to this mail?
Not all DDs read debian-newmaint, so they will unlikely see.

>From what I noticed wrt security uploads of qemu you're doing very
good work, but the recommendation should better be made by your
regular sponsors.

Cheers,
        Moritz

Re: DM application of Michael Tokarev (mjt) - 2nd try

Mark brown-22
On Tue, Mar 08, 2011 at 10:50:18PM +0100, Moritz Muehlenhoff wrote:

> Did you point the people currently sponsoring your uploads to this mail?
> Not all DDs read debian-newmaint, so they will unlikely see.

For some reason the wiki tells people to mail their sponsors separately.

  http://wiki.debian.org/DebianMaintainer

Re: DM application of Michael Tokarev (mjt) - 2nd try

Michael Tokarev
09.03.2011 00:50, Moritz Muehlenhoff wrote:
[]
> Did you point the people currently sponsoring your uploads to this mail?
> Not all DDs read debian-newmaint, so they will unlikely see.

Well, I asked several DDs who knows me to step in, but everyone
told me it's unnecessary since I already have an advocate (with
whom I'm working on tinc right now).

I'll ask one more time right away.  Thanks!

/mjt

Re: DM application of Michael Tokarev (mjt) - 2nd try

Jan Lübbe
On Wed, 2011-02-23 at 10:58 +0300, Michael Tokarev wrote:
> This is my declaration of intent to become a Debian Maintainer.
>
> Currently I maintain only qemu-kvm package, and have a few packages
> for which I'm upstream author (proxycheck, rbldnsd and udns).

I believe that Michael Tokarev has the technical skills needed to
maintain Debian packages, and I support his application to become a
Debian maintainer.

Michael has done most of the work on the qemu-kvm package since over a
year now and I've never had a complaint about his work. He is very
motivated and handles bug reports very quickly and thoroughly.
Also, he maintains a good communication inside Debian, with users and
with upstream.
I would not have any doubts about allowing him to upload qemu-kvm
packages by himself.

Regards,
Jan