DM application of Neutron Soutmun

Neutron Soutmun
This is my declaration of intent to become a Debian Maintainer
<URL:http://wiki.debian.org/DebianMaintainer>.
I have read the Social Contract, Debian Free Software Guidelines and
Debian Machine Usage Policy and agree with all of them.
Currently, I maintain the packages xiterm+thai and flvmeta
and I have prepared the package ipset which already sent ITP.

My GnuPG key 0xA6CDC457 is signed by the Debian Developers
  * Paul Wise.
  * Theppitak Karoonboonyanan.
  * Christian Perrier.
  * Andrew Lee.
And this key is signed by me with GnuPG key 0xD4CEFD37 that also signed
by the Debian Developers
  * Joerg Jaspert.
  * NIIBE Yutaka.
  * Anibal Monsalve Salazar.
  * Hector Oron Martinez.

I look forward to becoming a Debian Maintainer. Thanks for your
attention.

Re: DM application of Neutron Soutmun

Paul Wise via nm
On Fri, 2012-01-20 at 14:07 +0700, Neutron Soutmun wrote:

> I look forward to becoming a Debian Maintainer. Thanks for your
> attention.

I believe that Neutron Soutmun has the social and technical skills
needed to maintain Debian packages. I support his application to become
a Debian maintainer. I've been sponsoring flvmeta and xiterm+thai for
some time and observed that he does things in the correct way, works
well with his upstreams and is generally competent with packaging stuff.
I would encourage him to work towards becoming a Debian member in time.

--
bye,
pabs

http://wiki.debian.org/PaulWise

Re: DM application of Neutron Soutmun

Theppitak Karoonboonyanan-3
On Sat, Jan 21, 2012 at 10:12:41PM +0800, Paul Wise wrote:

> On Fri, 2012-01-20 at 14:07 +0700, Neutron Soutmun wrote:
>
> > I look forward to becoming a Debian Maintainer. Thanks for your
> > attention.
>
> I believe that Neutron Soutmun has the social and technical skills
> needed to maintain Debian packages. I support his application to become
> a Debian maintainer. I've been sponsoring flvmeta and xiterm+thai for
> some time and observed that he does things in the correct way, works
> well with his upstreams and is generally competent with packaging stuff.
> I would encourage him to work towards becoming a Debian member in time.
I also support Neutron's DM application. As seen from my sponsoring on
his xiterm+thai and flvmeta packages, he has catched up with recent
changes in Debian like hardening and has worked closely with upstreams
in incorporating Debian changes. From working with him, both on Debian
directly and on Debian deployment projects, he has demonstrated his
sufficient skills to maintain packages properly.

Theppitak Karoonboonyanan
http://linux.thai.net/~thep/

Re: DM application of Neutron Soutmun

Aníbal Monsalve Salazar-2
On Sat, Jan 21, 2012 at 11:13:08PM +0700, Theppitak Karoonboonyanan wrote:

>On Sat, Jan 21, 2012 at 10:12:41PM +0800, Paul Wise wrote:
>>On Fri, 2012-01-20 at 14:07 +0700, Neutron Soutmun wrote:
>>
>>>I look forward to becoming a Debian Maintainer. Thanks for your
>>>attention.
>>
>>I believe that Neutron Soutmun has the social and technical skills
>>needed to maintain Debian packages. I support his application to become
>>a Debian maintainer. I've been sponsoring flvmeta and xiterm+thai for
>>some time and observed that he does things in the correct way, works
>>well with his upstreams and is generally competent with packaging stuff.
>>I would encourage him to work towards becoming a Debian member in time.
>
>I also support Neutron's DM application. As seen from my sponsoring on
>his xiterm+thai and flvmeta packages, he has catched up with recent
>changes in Debian like hardening and has worked closely with upstreams
>in incorporating Debian changes. From working with him, both on Debian
>directly and on Debian deployment projects, he has demonstrated his
>sufficient skills to maintain packages properly.
>
>Regards,
>--
>Theppitak Karoonboonyanan
>http://linux.thai.net/~thep/
Hello Theppitak,

Please sign your advocacy message with your key ID B6F90241, which is in
the DD keyring.

You used key ID D08B47FE, which isn't in the DD keyring.

Regards,

Anibal

Re: DM application of Neutron Soutmun

Neutron Soutmun
Hello Anibal,

I have signed your key and sent you emails.

As you will sign my key, The fingerprint of 0xA6CDC457 is below:

pub   4096R/A6CDC457 2009-05-10
      Key fingerprint = F532 DA10 E563 EE84 4409  77A1 9D04 70BD A6CD
C457
uid                  Neutron Soutmun (Neutron) <[hidden email]>
uid                  Neutron Soutmun (Neutron) <[hidden email]>
uid                  Neutron Soutmun (Neutron) <[hidden email]>
sub   4096R/153041D4 2009-05-11

Best regards,
Neutron Soutmun

Re: DM application of Neutron Soutmun

Theppitak Karoonboonyanan-3
Resent with proper GPG key signed.

On Fri, Jan 27, 2012 at 02:43:44PM +1100, Aníbal Monsalve Salazar wrote:

> Please sign your advocacy message with your key ID B6F90241, which is in
> the DD keyring.
>
> You used key ID D08B47FE, which isn't in the DD keyring.

Sorry. I forgot to change my muttrc after replacing my key in debian-keyring.
The old key is still in use somewhere outside Debian project. I'll revoke
it soon.

Theppitak Karoonboonyanan
http://linux.thai.net/~thep/

Re: DM application of Neutron Soutmun

David Paleino-2
On Fri, 27 Jan 2012 11:05:23 +0700, Neutron Soutmun wrote:

> Hello Anibal,
>
> I have signed your key and sent you emails.
>
> As you will sign my key, The fingerprint of 0xA6CDC457 is below:

...seriously?

--
 . ''`.   Debian developer | http://wiki.debian.org/DavidPaleino
 : :'  : Linuxer #334216 --|-- http://www.hanskalabs.net/

Re: DM application of Neutron Soutmun

Amaya Rodrigo Sastre
Am I the only one here wondering about "neutron" being a real first
name?

Just curious.

--
 .''`.            When we remember we are all mad, the mysteries
: :' :         disappear and life stands explained -- Mark Twain

On Fri, Jan 27, 2012 at 09:15:41AM +0100, David Paleino wrote:
>...seriously?

Why not? We met in Taipei in 2009 and exchanged signatures. We are just
migrating our WOTs as per
http://www.debian-administration.org/users/dkg/weblog/48

On Fri, 27 Jan 2012 19:47:16 +1100, Aníbal Monsalve Salazar wrote:

> On Fri, Jan 27, 2012 at 09:15:41AM +0100, David Paleino wrote:
> >...seriously?
>
> Why not? We met in Taipei in 2009 and exchanged signatures.

Okay. It seemed like Neutron (Amaya: you're not alone...) signed you without
ever meeting you (like some GPG-newbies do, unfortunately).

Sorry for the noise.

David Paleino wrote:
> On Fri, 27 Jan 2012 19:47:16 +1100, Aníbal Monsalve Salazar wrote:
>
> > On Fri, Jan 27, 2012 at 09:15:41AM +0100, David Paleino wrote:
> > >...seriously?
> >
> > Why not? We met in Taipei in 2009 and exchanged signatures.
>
> Okay. It seemed like Neutron (Amaya: you're not alone...) signed you without
> ever meeting you (like some GPG-newbies do, unfortunately).

I am afraid I also got that impression. Glad to know it didn't happen :)
Now Anibal, please confirm his real name is Neutron. That's be so cool
:)

--
 .''`.            When we remember we are all mad, the mysteries
: :' :         disappear and life stands explained -- Mark Twain
`. `'
  `-                            Proudly running Debian GNU/Linux

Re: DM application of Neutron Soutmun

Steve Langasek
On Fri, Jan 27, 2012 at 07:47:16PM +1100, Aníbal Monsalve Salazar wrote:
> On Fri, Jan 27, 2012 at 09:15:41AM +0100, David Paleino wrote:
> >...seriously?

> Why not? We met in Taipei in 2009 and exchanged signatures. We are just
> migrating our WOTs as per
> http://www.debian-administration.org/users/dkg/weblog/48

So you intend to sign his new key based on a mail signed with his *new* key
asserting that the fingerprint of his *new* key is correct?

I'm hoping that there were private follow-ups between the two of you
explaining why this is inadequate...

Ubuntu Developer                                    http://www.debian.org/

On Fri, Jan 27, 2012 at 10:45:33AM -0800, Steve Langasek wrote:
>I'm hoping that there were private follow-ups between the two of you

Steve, yes, there were private mails between us.

http://pgp.net.nz:11371/pks/lookup?op=vindex&fingerprint=on&search=Neutron%20Soutmun

Amaya, a number of DDs have met Neutron in real life. I saw his
passpoprt in Taipei.

On Fri, 2012-01-27 at 16:19 +0100, Amaya wrote:

> I am afraid I also got that impression. Glad to know it didn't happen :)
> Now Anibal, please confirm his real name is Neutron. That's be so cool
> :)

I've personally seen his passport with this name at the Debian MiniCamp
in Thailand, as have several other folks:

http://wiki.debian.org/DebianThailand/MiniDebCamp2010

I also met him and Theppitak in 2006 where he introduced himself as
Neutron, but I don't think I saw any ID at that time.

He was also at DebConf11 in Bosnia this year.

On Sat, Jan 28, 2012 at 11:26:45AM +1100, Aníbal Monsalve Salazar wrote:

> Amaya, a number of DDs have met Neutron in real life. I saw his
> passpoprt in Taipei.

I've known Neutron in person for years. I can also confirm it's his real
name as used in national ID card and passport.

On Sat, 2012-01-28 at 10:39 +0800, Paul Wise wrote:

> I also met him and Theppitak in 2006 where he introduced himself as
> Neutron, but I don't think I saw any ID at that time.

That was in 2007, woops.

> He was also at DebConf11 in Bosnia this year.

Woops, that was someone else, I misremembered :(

--
bye,
pabs

http://wiki.debian.org/PaulWise

Re: DM application of Neutron Soutmun

Neutron Soutmun
Hello all,

On Fri, Jan 27, 2012 at 09:15:41AM +0100, David Paleino wrote:
> On Fri, 27 Jan 2012 11:05:23 +0700, Neutron Soutmun wrote:
>
> > Hello Anibal,
> >
> > I have signed your key and sent you emails.
> >
> > As you will sign my key, The fingerprint of 0xA6CDC457 is below:
>
> ...seriously?

I'm sorry that I made this mistake, I'll never do it again, I promise T_T.

It's not a proplem that everyone have wondered about my *REAL* name, It
always be with all Thai people that have met me at the first time
because it's not usual name that Thai people pick for new baby. In
Thailand, I guest that only me or just another one that have got
this name. It's a special name was picked by my father's intention :).
I proud of it.

It's no meaning at all in Thai because it's actually be the word
"neutron" which surrouding "nucleus".
(Nuclear Chemistry: http://chemcases.com/nuclear/nc-01.html)
My father (a teacher) picked this name since the year when I was born,
there is a 50 years celebration that the chemistry discovered the "neutron".
It's a special year and I think, me also special to my parents too.

Best regards,
Neutron Soutmun

Re: DM application of Neutron Soutmun

Lisandro Damián Nicanor Pérez Meyer-4
On Sáb 28 Ene 2012 00:33:47 Neutron Soutmun escribió:
> Hello all,

[snip]

> I'm sorry that I made this mistake, I'll never do it again, I promise T_T.

Only those who try to do stuff make mistakes. Learn from them, go ahead :)

Tip: extra points for those of us who don't speak/write english natively ;-)

[snip]

> My father (a teacher) picked this name since the year when I was born,
> there is a 50 years celebration that the chemistry discovered the
> "neutron". It's a special year and I think, me also special to my parents
> too.

Well, you have a **cool** name :)

Welcome to Debian :)

--
Sea estricto cuando envíe y tolerante cuando reciba. En otras palabras, solo
envíe paquetes que cumplan rigurosamente con lo estándares, pero espere

Lisandro Damián Nicanor Pérez Meyer
http://perezmeyer.com.ar/
http://perezmeyer.blogspot.com/

Re: DM application of Neutron Soutmun

Mark brown-22
On Fri, Jan 27, 2012 at 09:46:53AM +0100, Amaya wrote:

> Am I the only one here wondering about "neutron" being a real first
> name?

> Just curious.

It is very common for asians who adopt English first names to adopt
words which are not normally used as names (or names for people) as
their name.