DM application of Stephen Kitt

Stephen Kitt
Hi,

This is my declaration of intent to become a Debian Maintainer
<URL:http://wiki.debian.org/DebianMaintainer>.

I have read the Social Contract, Debian Free Software Guidelines and Debian
Machine Usage Policy and agree with all of them.

Currently, I maintain the packages gob2 and joystick (the latter since July
2008), and I co‐maintain the packages gnurobbo, mednafen and stella within
the Games Team.  My QA page has all the details:
<URL:http://qa.debian.org/developer.php?login=steve@...>.

My GnuPGP key A36B494F is signed by the Debian Developers Aurelien Jarno and
Ana Beatriz Guerrero López.

I look forward to becoming a Debian Maintainer. Thanks for your attention.

Regards,

Stephen

Re: DM application of Stephen Kitt

Mark brown-22
On Fri, Jan 07, 2011 at 06:55:02AM +0100, Stephen Kitt wrote:

> Currently, I maintain the packages gob2 and joystick (the latter since July
> 2008), and I co‐maintain the packages gnurobbo, mednafen and stella within
> the Games Team.  My QA page has all the details:
> <URL:http://qa.debian.org/developer.php?login=steve@...>.

I'd like to support Stephen's application; he's been doing an excellent
job of maintaining the gob2 package and should be able to upload
directly.

Re: DM application of Stephen Kitt

Piotr Ozarowski-3
[Stephen Kitt]

I support Stephen's application (I'm sponsoring mednafen and stella)

Re: DM application of Stephen Kitt

Aníbal Monsalve Salazar-2
On Tue, Jan 18, 2011 at 10:32:39PM +0100, Piotr O??arowski wrote:
>[Stephen Kitt]
>>This is my declaration of intent to become a Debian Maintainer
>
>I support Stephen's application (I'm sponsoring mednafen and stella)

Please give us more details in your advocacy.

At http://wiki.debian.org/DebianMaintainer, it reads:

  Advocating a Debian Maintainer

  A Debian Developer should only advocate a Debian Maintainer candidate
  if they are familiar with the candidate's existing work in Debian and
  believe it to be of a suitable standard both technically and socially.

  Debian Developers advocating Debian Maintainer candidates (or
  potential Debian Developers for that matter) must go into a bit more
  detail in their advocacy.

  If the Debian Maintainer candidate has done "a great job", please
  explain what "a great job" means -- is there something special the
  candidate has done, or is it that whatever the candidate is working on
  is particularly important, or is the candidate remarkably consistent,
  or what?

  What has the candidate actually done that has earned your trust? What
  makes the candidate special compared to the other folks who are
  helping Debian? What in particular about the candidate's work should
  people lurking on the Debian lists be trying to emulate if they want
  to be a Debian Maintainer or a Debian Developer?

  For example, if the Debian Maintainer candidate has good packaging
  skills, go into a bit more detail about what's convinced you the
  candidate has got those skills? Are there any difficult bugs you've
  worked together on, or new features the candidate has done a good job
  of getting into Debian, or has the candidate been particularly helpful
  supporting users, or...?

On Wed, Jan 19, 2011 at 04:07:31PM +1100, Anibal Monsalve Salazar wrote:

>On Tue, Jan 18, 2011 at 10:32:39PM +0100, Piotr O??arowski wrote:
>>[Stephen Kitt]
>>>This is my declaration of intent to become a Debian Maintainer
>>
>>I support Stephen's application (I'm sponsoring mednafen and stella)
>
>Please give us more details in your advocacy.
>
>At http://wiki.debian.org/DebianMaintainer, it reads:
>
>  Advocating a Debian Maintainer
>
>  A Debian Developer should only advocate a Debian Maintainer candidate
>  if they are familiar with the candidate's existing work in Debian and
>  believe it to be of a suitable standard both technically and socially.
>
>  Debian Developers advocating Debian Maintainer candidates (or
>  potential Debian Developers for that matter) must go into a bit more
>  detail in their advocacy.
>
>  If the Debian Maintainer candidate has done "a great job", please
>  explain what "a great job" means -- is there something special the
>  candidate has done, or is it that whatever the candidate is working on
>  is particularly important, or is the candidate remarkably consistent,
>  or what?
>
>  What has the candidate actually done that has earned your trust? What
>  makes the candidate special compared to the other folks who are
>  helping Debian? What in particular about the candidate's work should
>  people lurking on the Debian lists be trying to emulate if they want
>  to be a Debian Maintainer or a Debian Developer?
>
>  For example, if the Debian Maintainer candidate has good packaging
>  skills, go into a bit more detail about what's convinced you the
>  candidate has got those skills? Are there any difficult bugs you've
>  worked together on, or new features the candidate has done a good job
>  of getting into Debian, or has the candidate been particularly helpful
>  supporting users, or...?
ping

On Tue, Jan 25, 2011 at 06:14:34AM +1000, An?bal Monsalve Salazar wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 19, 2011 at 04:07:31PM +1100, Anibal Monsalve Salazar wrote:

> >Please give us more details in your advocacy.

> ping

Given that this is already the second advocacy for Stephen does this
really matter?

Re: DM application of Stephen Kitt

Piotr Ozarowski-3
[Aníbal Monsalve Salazar, 2011-01-24]
> On Wed, Jan 19, 2011 at 04:07:31PM +1100, Anibal Monsalve Salazar wrote:
> >On Tue, Jan 18, 2011 at 10:32:39PM +0100, Piotr O??arowski wrote:
> >>[Stephen Kitt]
> >>
> >>I support Stephen's application (I'm sponsoring mednafen and stella)
> >
> >Please give us more details in your advocacy.

I uploaded last few versions of mednafen and stella without comments
(and I'm rather picky). Both packages are in a good shape. Stephen knows
what he's doing (tested via few small requests for changes in packaging)
--
Piotr Ożarowski                         Debian GNU/Linux Developer
www.ozarowski.pl          www.griffith.cc           www.debian.org

Re: DM application of Stephen Kitt

Piotr Ozarowski-3
signed this time