Quantcast

Debian 8.8 in Asus X441SA

Anil Duggirala
I have installed Debian 8.8 (dual boot with Windows) on my new Asus
X441SA laptop. The touchpad was not working in the graphical Debian
installer (nor is it working in my actual installed system). I installed
Debian with LXDE. I am getting some errors about hardware when Debian
loads. My screen resolution is much lower than should (definitely issues
with hardware not being recognized or drivers), the computer is not
nearly as responsive as I expected. How can I know what any hardware
compatibility issues I have, are all of these issues separate?
I have installed debian in all kinds of machines, I had never seen such
a bad situation after initial install,
please help!
thanks!

Re: Debian 8.8 in Asus X441SA

Daniel Echeverry
Hi Anil

I have the same laptop, and I fixed the issues hardware, installing
linux-image from jessie backports. [1]

Regards

[1]: https://backports.debian.org/Instructions/

--
Daniel Echeverry
http://wiki.debian.org/DanielEcheverry
Debian user

Re: Debian 8.8 in Asus X441SA

Anil Duggirala
Thanks a lot Daniel,
I know about backports, but could you tell me exactly what package I
need to install? Do I need to uninstall some other package?

On Thu, May 18, 2017, at 09:46 PM, Daniel Echeverry wrote:

> Hi Anil
>
> I have the same laptop, and I fixed the issues hardware, installing
> linux-image from jessie backports. [1]
>
> Regards
>
> [1]: https://backports.debian.org/Instructions/

> > I have installed Debian 8.8 (dual boot with Windows) on my new Asus
> > X441SA laptop. The touchpad was not working in the graphical Debian
> > installer (nor is it working in my actual installed system). I installed
> > Debian with LXDE. I am getting some errors about hardware when Debian
> > loads. My screen resolution is much lower than should (definitely issues
> > with hardware not being recognized or drivers), the computer is not
> > nearly as responsive as I expected. How can I know what any hardware
> > compatibility issues I have, are all of these issues separate?
> > I have installed debian in all kinds of machines, I had never seen such
> > a bad situation after initial install,
> > please help!
> > thanks!
> >

> --
> Daniel Echeverry
> http://wiki.debian.org/DanielEcheverry
> http://rinconinformatico.net
> Linux user: #477840
> Debian user

Re: Debian 8.8 in Asus X441SA

Daniel Echeverry
Hi Anil

> Thanks a lot Daniel,
> I know about backports, but could you tell me exactly what package I
> need to install? Do I need to uninstall some other package?

After that you install the jessie-backports, could you install the new kernel:

apt-get -t jessie-backports install linux-image

Regards.