Debian Buster, KDE, Amarok and zombies of ThreadWeaver::T

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
12 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Debian Buster, KDE, Amarok and zombies of ThreadWeaver::T

Lars Schimmer-4
Hi!

I installed debian buster from netinst CD on Z390 board (arock) with a
i9 CPU, and do apt-get update/upgrade nearly daily.
I installed kde-full and amarok from the repository. Amarok works so
far, it scanned all my music, DB is in maraiDB, it playes the music.
But if I do a ps aux f, I get this:

ei2pee    4364  1.1  2.2 8387324 739652 ?      Sl   Feb05  29:41
/usr/bin/amarok
ei2pee    4950  0.0  0.0      0     0 ?        Z    Feb05   0:00  \_
[ThreadWeaver::T] <defunct>
ei2pee    5314  0.0  0.0      0     0 ?        Z    Feb05   0:00  \_
[ThreadWeaver::T] <defunct>
ei2pee    5523  0.0  0.0      0     0 ?        Z    Feb05   0:00  \_
[ThreadWeaver::T] <defunct>
ei2pee    6084  0.0  0.0      0     0 ?        Z    Feb05   0:00  \_
[ThreadWeaver::T] <defunct>
ei2pee    6281  0.0  0.0      0     0 ?        Z    Feb05   0:00  \_
[ThreadWeaver::T] <defunct>
ei2pee   17108  0.0  0.0      0     0 ?        Z    Feb05   0:00  \_
[ThreadWeaver::T] <defunct>
ei2pee   23548  0.0  0.0      0     0 ?        Z    Feb06   0:00  \_
[ThreadWeaver::T] <defunct>
ei2pee   23562  0.0  0.0      0     0 ?        Z    Feb06   0:00  \_
[ThreadWeaver::T] <defunct>
ei2pee   23594  0.0  0.0      0     0 ?        Z    Feb06   0:00  \_
[ThreadWeaver::T] <defunct>
ei2pee   24682  0.0  0.0      0     0 ?        Z    Feb06   0:00  \_
[ThreadWeaver::T] <defunct>
ei2pee   28135  0.0  0.0      0     0 ?        Z    Feb06   0:00  \_
[ThreadWeaver::T] <defunct>
ei2pee   28164  0.0  0.0      0     0 ?        Z    Feb06   0:00  \_
[ThreadWeaver::T] <defunct>
ei2pee   28301  0.0  0.0      0     0 ?        Z    Feb06   0:00  \_
[ThreadWeaver::T] <defunct>
ei2pee   11856  0.0  0.0      0     0 ?        Z    Feb06   0:00  \_
[ThreadWeaver::T] <defunct>
ei2pee   12277  0.0  0.0      0     0 ?        Z    Feb06   0:00  \_
[ThreadWeaver::T] <defunct>
ei2pee   14468  0.0  0.0      0     0 ?        Z    Feb06   0:00  \_
[ThreadWeaver::T] <defunct>
ei2pee   14625  0.0  0.0      0     0 ?        Z    Feb06   0:00  \_
[ThreadWeaver::T] <defunct>


Lots of zombies of the ThreadWeaver under Amarok.

ii  amarok                                        2.9.0-1+b1
                amd64        easy to use media player based on the KDE
Platform
ii  amarok-common                                 2.9.0-1
                all          architecture independent files for Amarok
ii  amarok-utils                                  2.9.0-1+b1
                amd64        utilities for Amarok media player
ii  libkf5threadweaver5:amd64                     5.54.0-1
                amd64        ThreadWeaver library to help multithreaded
programming in Qt
ii  libthreadweaver4                              4:4.14.38-3
                amd64        ThreadWeaver Library for the KDE Platform

Linux orville 4.19.0-1-amd64 #1 SMP Debian 4.19.12-1 (2018-12-22) x86_64
GNU/Linux


Is this already known, or new?
Should I open a bug in amarok debian?
Any ideas where it comes from?



MfG,
Lars Schimmer
--
-------------------------------------------------------------
TU Graz, Institut für ComputerGraphik & WissensVisualisierung
Tel: +43 316 873-5405       E-Mail: [hidden email]
Fax: +43 316 873-5402       PGP-Key-ID: 0x4A9B1723




signature.asc (201 bytes) Download Attachment
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Debian Buster, KDE, Amarok and zombies of ThreadWeaver::T

Lisandro Damián Nicanor Pérez Meyer-2
El jueves, 7 de febrero de 2019 10:44:31 -03 Lars Schimmer escribió:

> Hi!
>
> I installed debian buster from netinst CD on Z390 board (arock) with a
> i9 CPU, and do apt-get update/upgrade nearly daily.
> I installed kde-full and amarok from the repository. Amarok works so
> far, it scanned all my music, DB is in maraiDB, it playes the music.
> But if I do a ps aux f, I get this:
>
> ei2pee    4364  1.1  2.2 8387324 739652 ?      Sl   Feb05  29:41
> /usr/bin/amarok
> ei2pee    4950  0.0  0.0      0     0 ?        Z    Feb05   0:00  \_
> [ThreadWeaver::T] <defunct>
> ei2pee    5314  0.0  0.0      0     0 ?        Z    Feb05   0:00  \_
> [ThreadWeaver::T] <defunct>
> ei2pee    5523  0.0  0.0      0     0 ?        Z    Feb05   0:00  \_
> [ThreadWeaver::T] <defunct>
> ei2pee    6084  0.0  0.0      0     0 ?        Z    Feb05   0:00  \_
> [ThreadWeaver::T] <defunct>
> ei2pee    6281  0.0  0.0      0     0 ?        Z    Feb05   0:00  \_
> [ThreadWeaver::T] <defunct>
> ei2pee   17108  0.0  0.0      0     0 ?        Z    Feb05   0:00  \_
> [ThreadWeaver::T] <defunct>
> ei2pee   23548  0.0  0.0      0     0 ?        Z    Feb06   0:00  \_
> [ThreadWeaver::T] <defunct>
> ei2pee   23562  0.0  0.0      0     0 ?        Z    Feb06   0:00  \_
> [ThreadWeaver::T] <defunct>
> ei2pee   23594  0.0  0.0      0     0 ?        Z    Feb06   0:00  \_
> [ThreadWeaver::T] <defunct>
> ei2pee   24682  0.0  0.0      0     0 ?        Z    Feb06   0:00  \_
> [ThreadWeaver::T] <defunct>
> ei2pee   28135  0.0  0.0      0     0 ?        Z    Feb06   0:00  \_
> [ThreadWeaver::T] <defunct>
> ei2pee   28164  0.0  0.0      0     0 ?        Z    Feb06   0:00  \_
> [ThreadWeaver::T] <defunct>
> ei2pee   28301  0.0  0.0      0     0 ?        Z    Feb06   0:00  \_
> [ThreadWeaver::T] <defunct>
> ei2pee   11856  0.0  0.0      0     0 ?        Z    Feb06   0:00  \_
> [ThreadWeaver::T] <defunct>
> ei2pee   12277  0.0  0.0      0     0 ?        Z    Feb06   0:00  \_
> [ThreadWeaver::T] <defunct>
> ei2pee   14468  0.0  0.0      0     0 ?        Z    Feb06   0:00  \_
> [ThreadWeaver::T] <defunct>
> ei2pee   14625  0.0  0.0      0     0 ?        Z    Feb06   0:00  \_
> [ThreadWeaver::T] <defunct>
>
>
> Lots of zombies of the ThreadWeaver under Amarok.
>
> ii  amarok                                        2.9.0-1+b1
>                 amd64        easy to use media player based on the KDE
> Platform
> ii  amarok-common                                 2.9.0-1
>                 all          architecture independent files for Amarok
> ii  amarok-utils                                  2.9.0-1+b1
>                 amd64        utilities for Amarok media player
> ii  libkf5threadweaver5:amd64                     5.54.0-1
>                 amd64        ThreadWeaver library to help multithreaded
> programming in Qt
> ii  libthreadweaver4                              4:4.14.38-3
>                 amd64        ThreadWeaver Library for the KDE Platform
>
> Linux orville 4.19.0-1-amd64 #1 SMP Debian 4.19.12-1 (2018-12-22) x86_64
> GNU/Linux
>
>
> Is this already known, or new?
> Should I open a bug in amarok debian?
> Any ideas where it comes from?
tl;dr: amarok is dead upstream (or almost dead), you are better of looking for
another music player.

I particulary like mpd + all it's clients, but it's for locally available
music.


--
“I don’t think security can solve problems.
We need to teach greater respect.”
  Oslo Mayor Stang when asked whether Oslo needs greater security
  after the attacks in Norway, 07/2011.

Lisandro Damián Nicanor Pérez Meyer
http://perezmeyer.com.ar/
http://perezmeyer.blogspot.com/

signature.asc (849 bytes) Download Attachment
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Debian Buster, KDE, Amarok and zombies of ThreadWeaver::T

Martin Steigerwald
Lisandro Damián Nicanor Pérez Meyer - 09.02.19, 20:37:
> > Is this already known, or new?
> > Should I open a bug in amarok debian?
> > Any ideas where it comes from?
>
> tl;dr: amarok is dead upstream (or almost dead), you are better of
> looking for another music player.

For anyone who likes the Amarok experience, especially of the old Amarok
in KDE 3… have a look at Clementine. Only thing I may be missing might
be the automatic DJ functionality (auto playlist stuff)… but maybe I just
did not found it yet.

There are new approaches at music players in KDE Community like Elisa.

So while Amarok has been my most favorite player for a long time… well I
might switch.

Lisandro, will Buster still come with Amarok? I bet Amarok is one of the
few apps that still keep in Qt 4.

Thanks.
--
Martin


Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Debian Buster, KDE, Amarok and zombies of ThreadWeaver::T

Sandro Knauß-5
Hey,

> Lisandro, will Buster still come with Amarok? I bet Amarok is one of the
> few apps that still keep in Qt 4.

You can find the answer by yourself:

https://tracker.debian.org/pkg/amarok

"Updating amarok introduces new bugs: #784448"

-> https://bugs.debian.org/784448
Bug #784448: [amarok] Qt4's WebKit removal

last comment:

"As recently announced [1], we are going to remove not only Qt 4 WebKit, but
Qt 4 as a whole in Buster. As removing Qt 4 WebKit is the first step, I am
raising the severity of this bug to serious."

A serious bug open means - No amarok in Buster.

hefee


signature.asc (849 bytes) Download Attachment
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Debian Buster, KDE, Amarok and zombies of ThreadWeaver::T

Lars Schimmer-4
In reply to this post by Lisandro Damián Nicanor Pérez Meyer-2
On 2/9/19 8:37 PM, Lisandro Damián Nicanor Pérez Meyer wrote:
> El jueves, 7 de febrero de 2019 10:44:31 -03 Lars Schimmer escribió:
>> Hi!

>>
>> Is this already known, or new?
>> Should I open a bug in amarok debian?
>> Any ideas where it comes from?
>
> tl;dr: amarok is dead upstream (or almost dead), you are better of looking for
> another music player.
>
> I particulary like mpd + all it's clients, but it's for locally available
> music.
Does any of these player play well with 2TB of MP3 files?
Fast enough and comfortable like Amarok?
Last time I checked, they did not.
It's bad, I know. But currently amarok is the best solution for my
situation, until I saw that zombies.


MfG,
Lars Schimmer
--
-------------------------------------------------------------
TU Graz, Institut für ComputerGraphik & WissensVisualisierung
Tel: +43 316 873-5405       E-Mail: [hidden email]
Fax: +43 316 873-5402       PGP-Key-ID: 0x4A9B1723




signature.asc (201 bytes) Download Attachment
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Debian Buster, KDE, Amarok and zombies of ThreadWeaver::T

Lisandro Damián Nicanor Pérez Meyer-2
El lunes, 11 de febrero de 2019 06:56:19 -03 Lars Schimmer escribió:

> On 2/9/19 8:37 PM, Lisandro Damián Nicanor Pérez Meyer wrote:
> > El jueves, 7 de febrero de 2019 10:44:31 -03 Lars Schimmer escribió:
> >> Hi!
> >>
> >>
> >> Is this already known, or new?
> >> Should I open a bug in amarok debian?
> >> Any ideas where it comes from?
> >
> > tl;dr: amarok is dead upstream (or almost dead), you are better of looking
> > for another music player.
> >
> > I particulary like mpd + all it's clients, but it's for locally available
> > music.
>
> Does any of these player play well with 2TB of MP3 files?
mpd does, it depends on the client though.

> Fast enough and comfortable like Amarok?

That's a client thing, try cantata for example.

And as a bonus you will be able to control the reproduction from multiple
devices.

--
Los estadounidenses no tienen la culpa, la guerra tiene la culpa. La falta de
voluntad de la gente para comprender a aquellos que tienen valores diferentes,
eso es lo que tiene la culpa.
  Shinji Mikamo
  <http://www.lanacion.com.ar/1716475-el-cataclismo-nuclear-de-hiroshima-narrado-por-un-superviviente>

Lisandro Damián Nicanor Pérez Meyer
http://perezmeyer.com.ar/
http://perezmeyer.blogspot.com/

signature.asc (849 bytes) Download Attachment
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Debian Buster, KDE, Amarok and zombies of ThreadWeaver::T

Lars Schimmer-4
On 2/11/19 2:22 PM, Lisandro Damián Nicanor Pérez Meyer wrote:

> El lunes, 11 de febrero de 2019 06:56:19 -03 Lars Schimmer escribió:
>> On 2/9/19 8:37 PM, Lisandro Damián Nicanor Pérez Meyer wrote:
>>> El jueves, 7 de febrero de 2019 10:44:31 -03 Lars Schimmer escribió:
>>>> Hi!
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> Is this already known, or new?
>>>> Should I open a bug in amarok debian?
>>>> Any ideas where it comes from?
>>>
>>> tl;dr: amarok is dead upstream (or almost dead), you are better of looking
>>> for another music player.
>>>
>>> I particulary like mpd + all it's clients, but it's for locally available
>>> music.
>>
>> Does any of these player play well with 2TB of MP3 files?
>
> mpd does, it depends on the client though.
>
>> Fast enough and comfortable like Amarok?
>
> That's a client thing, try cantata for example.
Looks a bit too much for a local player, but will test it.

> And as a bonus you will be able to control the reproduction from multiple
> devices.

not much needed right now, maybe handy next year.


MfG,
Lars Schimmer
--
-------------------------------------------------------------
TU Graz, Institut für ComputerGraphik & WissensVisualisierung
Tel: +43 316 873-5405       E-Mail: [hidden email]
Fax: +43 316 873-5402       PGP-Key-ID: 0x4A9B1723




signature.asc (201 bytes) Download Attachment
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Debian Buster, KDE, Amarok and zombies of ThreadWeaver::T

Josep Febrer
Another option can be Strawberry Music Player as it's description says "It is
a fork of Clementine released in 2018 aimed at music collectors".

You can find it at:

https://strawbs.org/

And download debian packages here:

https://builds.strawbs.net/debian/


Best regards,

Josep

El dimarts, 12 de febrer de 2019, a les 9:50:01 CET, Lars Schimmer va
escriure:

> On 2/11/19 2:22 PM, Lisandro Damián Nicanor Pérez Meyer wrote:
> > El lunes, 11 de febrero de 2019 06:56:19 -03 Lars Schimmer escribió:
> >> On 2/9/19 8:37 PM, Lisandro Damián Nicanor Pérez Meyer wrote:
> >>> El jueves, 7 de febrero de 2019 10:44:31 -03 Lars Schimmer escribió:
> >>>> Hi!
> >>>>
> >>>>
> >>>> Is this already known, or new?
> >>>> Should I open a bug in amarok debian?
> >>>> Any ideas where it comes from?
> >>>
> >>> tl;dr: amarok is dead upstream (or almost dead), you are better of
> >>> looking
> >>> for another music player.
> >>>
> >>> I particulary like mpd + all it's clients, but it's for locally
> >>> available
> >>> music.
> >>
> >> Does any of these player play well with 2TB of MP3 files?
> >
> > mpd does, it depends on the client though.
> >
> >> Fast enough and comfortable like Amarok?
> >
> > That's a client thing, try cantata for example.
>
> Looks a bit too much for a local player, but will test it.
>
> > And as a bonus you will be able to control the reproduction from multiple
> > devices.
>
> not much needed right now, maybe handy next year.
>
>
> MfG,
> Lars Schimmer




Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Debian Buster, KDE, Amarok and zombies of ThreadWeaver::T

Lisandro Damián Nicanor Pérez Meyer-2

El mar., 12 feb. 2019 20:00, Josep Febrer <[hidden email]> escribió:
Another option can be Strawberry Music Player as it's description says "It is
a fork of Clementine released in 2018 aimed at music collectors".

You can find it at:

https://strawbs.org/

And download debian packages here:

https://builds.strawbs.net/debian/

Clementine's maintainer was planning to package it actually
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Debian Buster, KDE, Amarok and zombies of ThreadWeaver::T

Libor Klepáč
In reply to this post by Lars Schimmer-4
Hi,

On úterý 12. února 2019 9:50:01 CET Lars Schimmer wrote:

> On 2/11/19 2:22 PM, Lisandro Damián Nicanor Pérez Meyer wrote:
> > El lunes, 11 de febrero de 2019 06:56:19 -03 Lars Schimmer escribió:
> >> On 2/9/19 8:37 PM, Lisandro Damián Nicanor Pérez Meyer wrote:
> >>> El jueves, 7 de febrero de 2019 10:44:31 -03 Lars Schimmer escribió:
> >>>> Hi!
> >>>>
> >>>>
> >>>> Is this already known, or new?
> >>>> Should I open a bug in amarok debian?
> >>>> Any ideas where it comes from?
> >>>
> >>> tl;dr: amarok is dead upstream (or almost dead), you are better of
> >>> looking
> >>> for another music player.
> >>>
> >>> I particulary like mpd + all it's clients, but it's for locally
> >>> available
> >>> music.
> >>
> >> Does any of these player play well with 2TB of MP3 files?
> >
> > mpd does, it depends on the client though.
> >
> >> Fast enough and comfortable like Amarok?
> >
> > That's a client thing, try cantata for example.
>
> Looks a bit too much for a local player, but will test it.
>
I have just unistalled amarok (which suited me, but was a little overkill for
streaming internet radio) and installed clementine to find out, that it has
problems with internet radio (after unpausing, it plays to end of buffer and
then switches to next track).
Strawbs player proposed in another email has no support for internet radio (or
i did not see it).

I tried to install qmmp and it seems to be great player (I was user of old
winamp some 20 years ago and qmmp brings back memories :)


Libor

> > And as a bonus you will be able to control the reproduction from multiple
> > devices.
>
> not much needed right now, maybe handy next year.
>
>
> MfG,
> Lars Schimmer





Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Debian Buster, KDE, Amarok and zombies of ThreadWeaver::T

Alex DEKKER

> I tried to install qmmp and it seems to be great player (I was user of old
> winamp some 20 years ago and qmmp brings back memories :)


Another vote for Qmmp here. It's "just enough" player for me. I
especially like the tabbed playlists.

alexd

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Debian Buster, KDE, Amarok and zombies of ThreadWeaver::T

trilian42
Am Thu, 21 Feb 2019 21:27:42 +0000
schrieb Alex DEKKER <[hidden email]>:

> > I tried to install qmmp and it seems to be great player (I was user
> > of old winamp some 20 years ago and qmmp brings back memories :)
>
>
> Another vote for Qmmp here. It's "just enough" player for me. I
> especially like the tabbed playlists.
>
> alexd
>

the only real one is xmms, unfortunately dropped in debian years ago....

greetings

pepe.D