Debian Maintainer requesting upload permission for selected packages

Debian Maintainer requesting upload permission for selected packages

Maarten van Gompel
Hi all,

I prepared some much needed updates for the following debian-science packages under my
maintenance (all ready on salsa under the debian science team):

 frog frogdata libfolia mbt mbtserver python-pynlpl ticcutils timbl
 timblserver ucto uctoserver

I already obtained Debian Maintainer status and should be in the active
keyring, but it will be my first non-sponsored upload and if I understand
https://wiki.debian.org/DebianMaintainer#Granting_Permissions correctly
I still need a debian developer to grant permission so I can directly
upload these packages. Is anyone willing to add me so I can finish the update?

Thanks in advance!

--

Maarten van Gompel
    Language Machines research group

[hidden email]
https://proycon.anaproy.nl
https://github.com/proycon

GnuPG key:  0x39FE11201A31555C
XMPP:       [hidden email]       Matrix: @proycon:matrix.org
Telegram:   proycon                  IRC: proycon (freenode)
Discord:    proycon#8272
Mastodon:   https://mastodon.social/@proycon   (@[hidden email])
Twitter:    https://twitter.com/proycon
ORCID:      https://orcid.org/0000-0002-1046-0006
Keybase:    https://keybase.io/proycon
Bitcoin:    1BRptZsKQtqRGSZ5qKbX2azbfiygHxJPsd

Re: Debian Maintainer requesting upload permission for selected packages

Mo Zhou
Hi Maarten,

Thanks for your great work for the science team, and congratulations for
your DM status. When you are requesting for the DM upload permission, the
first person to contact should be your main sponsor(s) instead of the
team, because most of your audiences have not reviewed any of the
packages you maintained. These audiences hence cannot make sure whether
he or she should grant you such permission.

Have you contacted you main sponsor?

Best,

On Sun, Dec 02, 2018 at 06:59:13PM +0100, Maarten van Gompel wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I prepared some much needed updates for the following debian-science packages under my
> maintenance (all ready on salsa under the debian science team):
>
>  frog frogdata libfolia mbt mbtserver python-pynlpl ticcutils timbl
>  timblserver ucto uctoserver
>
> I already obtained Debian Maintainer status and should be in the active
> keyring, but it will be my first non-sponsored upload and if I understand
> https://wiki.debian.org/DebianMaintainer#Granting_Permissions correctly
> I still need a debian developer to grant permission so I can directly
> upload these packages. Is anyone willing to add me so I can finish the update?
>
> Thanks in advance!

Re: Debian Maintainer requesting upload permission for selected packages

Maarten van Gompel
Hi,

> Thanks for your great work for the science team, and congratulations for
> your DM status. When you are requesting for the DM upload permission, the
> first person to contact should be your main sponsor(s) instead of the
> team, because most of your audiences have not reviewed any of the
> packages you maintained. These audiences hence cannot make sure whether
> he or she should grant you such permission.
>
> Have you contacted you main sponsor?

Thanks for your reply. The issue has been solved in the meantime and I
got the necessary permissions. I'll upload the new packages today.

Maarten van Gompel
    Language Machines research group
    Centre for Language and Speech Technology
    Radboud Universiteit Nijmegen

[hidden email]
https://proycon.anaproy.nl
https://github.com/proycon

GnuPG key:  0x39FE11201A31555C
XMPP:       [hidden email]       Matrix: @proycon:matrix.org
Telegram:   proycon                  IRC: proycon (freenode)
Discord:    proycon#8272
Mastodon:   https://mastodon.social/@proycon   (@[hidden email])
Twitter:    https://twitter.com/proycon
ORCID:      https://orcid.org/0000-0002-1046-0006
Keybase:    https://keybase.io/proycon
Bitcoin:    1BRptZsKQtqRGSZ5qKbX2azbfiygHxJPsd

Re: Debian Maintainer requesting upload permission for selected packages

Mattia Rizzolo-5
On Mon, Dec 03, 2018 at 09:18:42AM +0100, Maarten van Gompel wrote:
> Thanks for your reply. The issue has been solved in the meantime and I
> got the necessary permissions. I'll upload the new packages today.

That's great.

I'm actually sorry it dragged for so long, I actually still have that
"RFS: Upload of updated NLP software stack" in my inbox, since January!
:-((

Please let me know if after all this time there is anything I could do
to help your uploads (on that note, I'm afraid I don't feel comfortable
in giving you any DM acls, since I don't think I worked with you enough
for that).

--
regards,
                        Mattia Rizzolo

GPG Key: 66AE 2B4A FCCF 3F52 DA18  4D18 4B04 3FCD B944 4540      .''`.
more about me:  https://mapreri.org                             : :'  :
Launchpad user: https://launchpad.net/~mapreri                  `. `'`
Debian QA page: https://qa.debian.org/developer.php?login=mattia  `-

Re: Debian Maintainer requesting upload permission for selected packages

Maarten van Gompel
Hi Mattia et al.,

On 18-12-03 01:26, Mattia Rizzolo wrote:
> I'm actually sorry it dragged for so long, I actually still have that
> "RFS: Upload of updated NLP software stack" in my inbox, since January!
> :-((

No worries, I got distracted with other matters too. The last batch
indeed never made it through, but this new one addresses some of the
feedback you provided back then.

> Please let me know if after all this time there is anything I could do
> to help your uploads

If you're willing to help with my latest question in my other mail to
this list then that'd be much appreciated of course! I would like to get
everything in order before the autoremovals kick in on 10 december and
well before the  transition deadline arrives, as the current status-quo
is very outdated already.

> (on that note, I'm afraid I don't feel comfortable
> in giving you any DM acls, since I don't think I worked with you enough
> for that).

No problem. If you want to do the uploads that is all fine with me too
of course! My main reason for becoming DM was so I didn't need to bother
anybody.  But I guess it might not be sufficient anyway in light of the
NEW issue I mentioned in my other mail.

(fyi: the proper build order is ticcutils libfolia uctodata ucto timbl
timblserver mbt mbtserver frogdata frog. All are tested of course, there
are only some lintian wishlist and pedantic issues which shouldn't pose
a problem so are ignored)

Uctodata already got ACCEPTED
from FTP master, the rest got a REJECTED because of the NEW issues (and
a missing permission for frogdata I believe). Does a REJECTED also mean
I need to bump the version number even if the package doesn't change at
all?

Maarten van Gompel
    Language Machines research group
    Centre for Language and Speech Technology
    Radboud Universiteit Nijmegen

[hidden email]
https://proycon.anaproy.nl
https://github.com/proycon

GnuPG key:  0x39FE11201A31555C
XMPP:       [hidden email]       Matrix: @proycon:matrix.org
Telegram:   proycon                  IRC: proycon (freenode)
Discord:    proycon#8272
Mastodon:   https://mastodon.social/@proycon   (@[hidden email])
Twitter:    https://twitter.com/proycon
ORCID:      https://orcid.org/0000-0002-1046-0006
Keybase:    https://keybase.io/proycon
Bitcoin:    1BRptZsKQtqRGSZ5qKbX2azbfiygHxJPsd

Re: Debian Maintainer requesting upload permission for selected packages

Joost van Baal-Ilić-232
Hi,

FWIW, I just did

 % dcut --force dm --uid 8AC624881EF2AC30C0E68E2C39FE11201A31555C --allow frogdata
 % dcut --force dm --uid 8AC624881EF2AC30C0E68E2C39FE11201A31555C --allow mbtserver

granting Maarten "proycon" van Gompel upload permissions for those 2 source
packages.

Bye,

Joost

Re: Debian Maintainer requesting upload permission for selected packages

Maarten van Gompel

I'm still stuck with the package upload and it seems my earlier request
for help from last monday (dec 3) may not have gotten through properly
(it's not in the list archives for some reason), if not, sorry for any duplicates:

So I have some problems with the upload of most of my packages:

 ticcutils libfolia uctodata ucto timbl timblserver mbt mbtserver
 frogdata frog

The issue is that I got REJECTED from FTP Master because there are
packages flagged as NEW. This was caused because I did some package
renames (e.g libticcutils3 -> libticcutils5) because of library SO
migrations, and removed the version suffix for *-dev packages as
suggested about a year ago by Mattia Rizzolo (e.g. libtimbl4-dev ->
libtimbl-dev). Note that none of these migrations affect any debian
packages other than the ones I maintain (there are no other packages
depending on it).

I don't have the permission to do NEW packages (which
I knew, but I just didn't realize that this too would count as NEW as
the source package is the same)

How should I proceed to get this properly uploaded? If I understand
things correctly it looks like I still need a sponsor (despite being a
DM now for these packages) to do the actual upload because of the NEW
binaries? And even if I had the proper rights, I'm not sure how to deal with the reupload given I
already uploaded things once (do I need a new version despite not having
changed a thing in the package proper?).

I'm hoping someone has the time to help me with this. Everything
is prepared, tested, and ready on salsa.

Some of the old packages were marked for autoremoval already, the first this
monday (10 dec), others following soon.

Kind regards,