Debian Project Leader Elections 2019: Call for nominations

Re: Debian Project Leader Elections 2019: Call for nominations

Jonathan Carter (highvoltage)-2

On 2019/03/14 13:34, Joerg Jaspert wrote:
> Soo, lets ensure we do not have another week:
>
> I hereby nominate myself for the DPL election 2019.

I have been considering that too, and have been planning to submit my
self-nomination as late as possible to give me enough chance to chicken out.

I've also dreaded running against "none of the above" only.

However, I've now decided to stop pussy-footing and will join you in
some friendly competition.

I hereby nominate myself for the 2019 DPL election.

-Jonathan

--
  ⢀⣴⠾⠻⢶⣦⠀  Jonathan Carter (highvoltage) <jcc>
  ⣾⠁⢠⠒⠀⣿⡁  Debian Developer - https://wiki.debian.org/highvoltage

Re: Debian Project Leader Elections 2019: Call for nominations

Lucas Nussbaum-4
On 14/03/19 at 16:00 +0500, Andrey Rahmatullin wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 14, 2019 at 10:24:58AM +0100, Lucas Nussbaum wrote:
> > So, thinking a bit more about that, and using
> > https://www.debian.org/intro/organization.en.html as a basis, a split
> > that could maybe work is:
> Can it work without a GR?

We have had second-in-charge in the past without a GR, so I suppose that
it would work.

The main fuzzy part is the handling of Debian assets (5.1.10), as
I mentioned in <[hidden email]>

Lucas

Re: Debian Project Leader Elections 2019: Call for nominations

Daniel Lenharo de Souza-3
Hi

On 3/14/19 8:43 AM, Jonathan Carter wrote:

> On 2019/03/14 13:34, Joerg Jaspert wrote:
>> Soo, lets ensure we do not have another week:
>>
>> I hereby nominate myself for the DPL election 2019.
>
> I hereby nominate myself for the 2019 DPL election.

Thanks you both!!

Regards!

--
Daniel Lenharo de Souza
DebConf19 - Local team
     9629 FB0E 132D DB0A A5B1

Re: Debian Project Leader Elections 2019: Call for nominations

Adam Borowski-3
On Thu, Mar 14, 2019 at 01:43:04PM +0200, Jonathan Carter wrote:
> On 2019/03/14 13:34, Joerg Jaspert wrote:
> > I hereby nominate myself for the DPL election 2019.
>
> I hereby nominate myself for the 2019 DPL election.

Mwahahaha, so we managed to guilt-trip you two into stepping forward, so the
rest of us can return to hacking and discussing whether Lennart's mom
spawned a messiah or antichrist.

Thank you guys!

Meow.
--
⢀⣴⠾⠻⢶⣦⠀
⣾⠁⢠⠒⠀⣿⡁ Did ya know that typing "test -j8" instead of "ctest -j8"
⠈⠳⣄⠀⠀⠀⠀

Re: Debian Project Leader Elections 2019: Call for nominations

Kurt Roeckx
On Thu, Mar 14, 2019 at 12:34:02PM +0100, Joerg Jaspert wrote:
> I hereby nominate myself for the DPL election 2019.

I ack that this is valid.

Kurt

Re: Debian Project Leader Elections 2019: Call for nominations

Kurt Roeckx
On Thu, Mar 14, 2019 at 01:43:04PM +0200, Jonathan Carter wrote:
> I hereby nominate myself for the 2019 DPL election.

I ack that this is valid.

Kurt

Re: Debian Project Leader Elections 2019: Call for nominations

Iustin Pop-3
On 2019-03-14 00:05:16, Lucas Nussbaum wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Disclaimer: I was the DPL between 2013 and 2015. My recollection of that
> time might not be entirely correct, and Debian might have changed quite
> a bit since then. I must admit that I haven't followed Debian closely
> enough to know some details!
>
> (And I hope that other former DPLs will post their own views)
>
> On 13/03/19 at 20:35 +0100, Iustin Pop wrote:
> > From my reading of the DPL bits, and if I remember correctly, there are
> > a few of what seems to be separate areas:
> >
> > - delegations
> > - finances (approving BSPs, hardware, sponsoring people with visas,
> >   etc.)
> > - dealing with external organisations (although not sure exactly what,
> >   but press/articles, discussions about copyrights sometimes, maybe
> >   conferences?, etc.)
> > - dealing with internal escalations/de-escalating issues
>
> So, let's try to describe how I see the DPL's various roles and
> responsibilities, and also how those could be transformed (in the
> "Debian without a DPL" scenario, or in the "Debian with a DPL-team").
Thanks Lucas for the detailed description, much appreciated!

iustin

Re: Debian Project Leader Elections 2019: Call for nominations

Ben Finney-3

Jonathan Carter <[hidden email]> writes:

> I hereby nominate myself for the 2019 DPL election.

Whether our constitution requires a second or not, I'm grateful to people
putting themselves up for the DPL role.

So, I hereby second the 2019 DPL election nomination of each of Joerg
Jaspert and Jonathan Carter.

--
 \          “Writing a book is like washing an elephant: there no good |
  `\        place to begin or end, and it's hard to keep track of what |
Ben Finney

Re: Debian Project Leader Elections 2019: Call for nominations

Thomas Goirand-3
On 3/14/19 12:43 PM, Jonathan Carter wrote:

> On 2019/03/14 13:34, Joerg Jaspert wrote:
>> Soo, lets ensure we do not have another week:
>>
>> I hereby nominate myself for the DPL election 2019.
>
> I have been considering that too, and have been planning to submit my
> self-nomination as late as possible to give me enough chance to chicken out.
>
> I've also dreaded running against "none of the above" only.
>
> However, I've now decided to stop pussy-footing and will join you in
> some friendly competition.
>
> I hereby nominate myself for the 2019 DPL election.
>
> -Jonathan

Sorry to just do a +1, but thanks.

Cheers,

Thomas Goirand (zigo)

Re: Debian Project Leader Elections 2019: Call for nominations

Holger Levsen-2
On Tue, Mar 12, 2019 at 07:46:19AM -0600, Bdale Garbee wrote:
> Chris, thank you for your service!  Two terms as DPL is a serious contribution
> and commitment to Debian, and I greatly appreciate it!

indeed. Chris, many thanks for all your DPL work in the last two years.
IMO you were truely amazing, effective and inspiring, especially the
transparency!

Also, thanks for stating clearly you won't run again. And as such also
kudos and thanks to those daring to run this year ;)

--
tschau,
        Holger