Debian Stickers

Greg Ryman
I just wanted everyone to know that I had purchased a Debian sticker for my
laptop at hackerstickers.com which included a $1 donation to Debian.

I never received the sticker and hackerstickers.com will not respond to my
emails. The sticker was not a lot of money, but how do I know that the $1
donation ever made it to Debian if they can't even ship me a simple sticker?

I would suggest that no one buy anything from this website and they also seem
to be associate with securemac.com, so beware when shopping there as well.

--
Greg Ryman
Network Engineering Supervisor

Re: Debian Stickers

Dave Patterson
* Greg Ryman <[hidden email]> [2006-06-07 09:50:37 -0700]:

> I just wanted everyone to know that I had purchased a Debian sticker for my
> laptop at hackerstickers.com which included a $1 donation to Debian.
>
> I never received the sticker and hackerstickers.com will not respond to my
> emails. The sticker was not a lot of money, but how do I know that the $1
> donation ever made it to Debian if they can't even ship me a simple sticker?
>
> I would suggest that no one buy anything from this website and they also seem
> to be associate with securemac.com, so beware when shopping there as well.

Thanks for the heads up!

Re: Debian Stickers

takisd
its a shame... the sticker looked pretty good.

i actually ordered some debian stickers from cafepress.com

they arrived quite quickly on a large sheet and i had to cut each one
out - they're not the plastic domed stickers but the flat ones.

replaced the winxp sticker with the debian one on my thinkpad.

not the best sticker quality, but not too bad.

Takis

On Wed, 2006-06-07 at 09:50 -0700, Greg Ryman wrote:

> I just wanted everyone to know that I had purchased a Debian sticker for my
> laptop at hackerstickers.com which included a $1 donation to Debian.
>
> I never received the sticker and hackerstickers.com will not respond to my
> emails. The sticker was not a lot of money, but how do I know that the $1
> donation ever made it to Debian if they can't even ship me a simple sticker?
>
> I would suggest that no one buy anything from this website and they also seem
> to be associate with securemac.com, so beware when shopping there as well.

Re: Debian Stickers

Jason Spiro-4
On 2006-06-07, Greg Ryman <[hidden email]> wrote:
> I just wanted everyone to know that I had purchased a Debian sticker for my
> laptop at hackerstickers.com which included a $1 donation to Debian.

> I would suggest that no one buy anything from this website and they also seem
> to be associate with securemac.com, so beware when shopping there as well.

Don't people often say that any publicity is good publicity? :-)

Cheers,
Jason Spiro

Re: Debian Stickers

Greg Ryman
I suppose so, however this isn't going to the general public, just
people who use and support Debian.

--
Greg Ryman
Network Engineering Supervisor
Candylogic, LLC.
[hidden email]
949-916-4444 x.203

Re: Debian Stickers

Jason Spiro-4
On 2006-06-23, Greg Ryman <[hidden email]> wrote:
> I suppose so, however this isn't going to the general public, just
> people who use and support Debian.

Point taken.