Debian booth at FOSDEM: schedule and stuff to show off

Debian booth at FOSDEM: schedule and stuff to show off

Wouter Verhelst
Hi all,

I just took a few minutes to write up a schedule for the booth at
FOSDEM. We've finally made 14 volunteers somewhere late last night; and
I've got some people volunteering in surplus now (some who agreed at the
last minute, others whom I figured out had agreed earlier this week, but
I forgot to write their names down :-), so they will serve as back-ups
in case anyone on the schedule tells me they can't make it after all
(but please let me know that ASAP, then).

This would be the booth schedule:

Saturday
--------

14:00 - 15:00: Jan Lübbe
15:00 - 16:00: Daniel Pocock
16:00 - 17:00: Christian Nordmann
17:00 - 18:00: Sven Luther
18:00 - 19:00: Alexander Wirt

Sunday
------
09:00 - 10:00: Geert Stappers
10:00 - 11:00: Thijs Kinkhorst
11:00 - 12:00: Joost Van Baal
12:00 - 13:00: Amaya Rodrigo Sastre
13:00 - 14:00: Hanna Ollila
14:00 - 15:00: Peter Van Eynde
15:00 - 16:00: Ralf Treinen
16:00 - 17:00: Axel Beckert
17:00 - 18:00: Jeroen Van Wolffelaar

Additionally, there were some suggestions for stuff to show off at the
booth. One is from Axel Beckert, who wrote:

"Hmm. I have a MicroClient Junior (Vortex86 SoC with 200Mhz and max.
 15W consumption) running Etch. May this be of interest? See
 http://www.phys.ethz.ch/~abe/MicroClientJr/ for pictures and details
 (only in German yet).
"

Next, Sven Luther offered to bring his PS3. We'd need to install it
first, though, but that should theoretically be possible. I could
possibly bring the required TV set (have to check first).

Finally, we could also do a babelbox run; Frans agreed to help set that
up, if required. I was thinking of a machine, but that one does not have
a CD-ROM drive, which would complicate matters; additionally, I'm not
sure I'd be able to transport it back from FOSDEM after the event.

I was thinking of what I'd pick, but then decided I'd just throw up the
ball and see what people think. Opinions?

  -- #debian-devel, Freenode, 2004-09-22

Re: Debian booth at FOSDEM: schedule and stuff to show off

Daniel Pocock

> Additionally, there were some suggestions for stuff to show off at the
> booth. One is from Axel Beckert, who wrote:

I can bring IP phones.

> "Hmm. I have a MicroClient Junior (Vortex86 SoC with 200Mhz and max.
>  15W consumption) running Etch. May this be of interest? See
>  http://www.phys.ethz.ch/~abe/MicroClientJr/ for pictures and details
>  (only in German yet).
> "
>
> Next, Sven Luther offered to bring his PS3. We'd need to install it
> first, though, but that should theoretically be possible. I could
> possibly bring the required TV set (have to check first).
>
> Finally, we could also do a babelbox run; Frans agreed to help set that
> up, if required. I was thinking of a machine, but that one does not have
> a CD-ROM drive, which would complicate matters; additionally, I'm not
> sure I'd be able to transport it back from FOSDEM after the event.
>
> I was thinking of what I'd pick, but then decided I'd just throw up the
> ball and see what people think. Opinions?

Re: Debian booth at FOSDEM: schedule and stuff to show off

Axel Beckert

On Wed, Feb 21, 2007 at 11:50:27AM +0100, Wouter Verhelst wrote:
> "Hmm. I have a MicroClient Junior (Vortex86 SoC with 200Mhz and max.
>  15W consumption) running Etch. May this be of interest? See
>  http://www.phys.ethz.ch/~abe/MicroClientJr/ for pictures and details
>  (only in German yet)."

I can also bring a keyboard and mouse for the box, but not a monitor.

                Regards, Axel
--
/~\                                    | Axel Beckert
\ /  Plain Text Ribbon Campaign        | [hidden email]

Re: Debian booth at FOSDEM: schedule and stuff to show off

Sven Luther
On Wed, Feb 21, 2007 at 01:27:11PM +0100, Axel Beckert wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Wed, Feb 21, 2007 at 11:50:27AM +0100, Wouter Verhelst wrote:
> > "Hmm. I have a MicroClient Junior (Vortex86 SoC with 200Mhz and max.
> >  15W consumption) running Etch. May this be of interest? See
> >  http://www.phys.ethz.ch/~abe/MicroClientJr/ for pictures and details
> >  (only in German yet)."
>
> I can also bring a keyboard and mouse for the box, but not a monitor.

We can bring two 17" flat panel monitors, those used at the Solution Linux
show. One will probably be used by the efika board, butthe other should be
free, will that do ?

Friendly,

Sven Luther

On Wed, Feb 21, 2007 at 01:44:36PM +0100, Sven Luther wrote:
> > I can also bring a keyboard and mouse for the box, but not a monitor.
>
> We can bring two 17" flat panel monitors, those used at the Solution Linux
> show. One will probably be used by the efika board, butthe other should be
> free, will that do ?

Yeah, that's fine, thanks!

                Regards, Axel
--
Axel Beckert - [hidden email] - http://abe.home.pages.de/

Re: Debian booth at FOSDEM: schedule and stuff to show off

Geert Stappers
Op 21-02-2007 om 11:50 schreef Wouter Verhelst:

> Hi all,
>
> This would be the booth schedule:
>
> Saturday
> --------
>
> 14:00 - 15:00: Jan Lübbe
> 15:00 - 16:00: Daniel Pocock
> 16:00 - 17:00: Christian Nordmann
> 17:00 - 18:00: Sven Luther
> 18:00 - 19:00: Alexander Wirt
>
> Sunday
> ------
> 09:00 - 10:00: Geert Stappers
> 10:00 - 11:00: Thijs Kinkhorst
> 11:00 - 12:00: Joost Van Baal
> 12:00 - 13:00: Amaya Rodrigo Sastre
> 13:00 - 14:00: Hanna Ollila
> 14:00 - 15:00: Peter Van Eynde
> 15:00 - 16:00: Ralf Treinen
> 16:00 - 17:00: Axel Beckert
> 17:00 - 18:00: Jeroen Van Wolffelaar

<snip/>

> I was thinking of what I'd pick, but then decided I'd just throw up the
> ball and see what people think. Opinions?

First in Dutch:

* Rooster is prima (wat mij betreft)

* Er is een kasboek wat bijgehouden moet worden?

* Zijn er nog andere afspraken dan gezond verstand gebruiken?

In english :

* Schedule is fine ( for me )

* Should we do some book keeping?

* Other conventions then being sane?