Desktop Background

Matthias Schneider
Hello List,

i am using Debian Jessie with Gnome 3.14.1.

When i choose my own desktop wallpaper, there are always black boarders
on both sides of the desktop.

On may last OS, i could choose an appropriate background color, that
fits to my picture and everything looks fine.

If i go to the system settings, i can pick my picture or a background
color, but not "both".

So i tried to fix it by using the gnome-color-chooser, but without any
success.

The only way i could "solve" it, is by zooming my picture in. Than i've
got no boarders but an awful picture.

I would appreciate any hints or advices.

Thanks in advance.

Matthias

Re: Desktop Background

Andrea Vettorello

On Thu, Aug 6, 2015 at 9:05 AM, Matthias Schneider <[hidden email]> wrote:
The only way i could "solve" it, is by zooming my picture in. Than i've
got no boarders but an awful picture.

I would appreciate any hints or advices.

Hi,

I don't remember to have seen such an option, I suppose the only way at the moment is to create a wallpaper with a colored border yourself, maybe using http://www.imagemagick.org/script/command-line-options.php#border

Probably not what you were looking for...

Andrea

Re: Desktop Background

emilio rascazzo
Hi Matthias,

I dont sure if it could be useful for you, but you may be try in alternative with gnome-tweak-tool,

bye,

Emilio

Rascazzo Emilio

On Thu, Aug 6, 2015 at 9:05 AM, Matthias Schneider <[hidden email]> wrote:
The only way i could "solve" it, is by zooming my picture in. Than i've
got no boarders but an awful picture.

I would appreciate any hints or advices.

Hi,

I don't remember to have seen such an option, I suppose the only way at the moment is to create a wallpaper with a colored border yourself, maybe using http://www.imagemagick.org/script/command-line-options.php#border

Probably not what you were looking for...

Andrea

Re: Desktop Background

emilio rascazzo
ops... I had said "I am not sure..."
sorry for mistake! :)

Rascazzo Emilio

[...]

Sven Arvidsson
On Thu, 2015-08-06 at 09:05 +0200, Matthias Schneider wrote:

> Hello List,
>
> i am using Debian Jessie with Gnome 3.14.1.
>
> When i choose my own desktop wallpaper, there are always black
> boarders
> on both sides of the desktop.
>
> On may last OS, i could choose an appropriate background color, that
> fits to my picture and everything looks fine.
>
> If i go to the system settings, i can pick my picture or a background
> color, but not "both".
Use dconf-editor navigate to org/gnome/desktop/background see primary
-color and secondary-color.

The settings for background in GNOME leaves a lot to be desired, and
not even gnome-tweak-tool lets you change the default colors.

Sven Arvidsson
http://www.whiz.se
PGP Key ID 6FAB5CD5