Desktop goals

Frans Jessop
I was wondering where I could read some goals for the Etch Decktop.  What is
the plan fram here.  What versions of gnome and KDE do you hope to have.
Any chance gnome 2.16 will be in Etch? :) Also what is this HAL transition
and how can I find out more about it?  Is there a list of goals with a
timeline out there?  If not, how do you stay organized?

Re: Desktop goals

Sven Luther
On Fri, Jan 06, 2006 at 10:34:07AM -0500, Frans Jessop wrote:
> I was wondering where I could read some goals for the Etch Decktop.  What
> is the plan fram here.  What versions of gnome and KDE do you hope to have.
> Any chance gnome 2.16 will be in Etch? :) Also what is this HAL transition
> and how can I find out more about it?  Is there a list of goals with a
> timeline out there?  If not, how do you stay organized?

I guess, as freeze time is in summer, the etch version will be the one which
is released this spring. We will only be one version late, but there is not
much we can do about this, when we release in december.

Friendly,

Sven Luther