Enquiry on becoming being a CD Vendor

Santhosh Janardhanan

Hi there,

I would like to know about what are the criterion for becoming a CD Vendor for Debian. Can you please enlighten?

I would like to serve in India.

Thanks and regards,

Santhosh J

c. +918592096600

Re: Enquiry on becoming being a CD Vendor

Thomas Schmitt
Hi,

i assume
  https://www.debian.org/CD/vendors/info
is the complete official rule set for vendors.

If you plan to burn debian-live-10.0.0-amd64-standard.iso to 900 MB CD-R,
i would be interested to learn whether this is possible with xorriso
and how the medium is described by
  xorriso -outdev /dev/sr0 -toc

All other Debian ISO images either need DVD or BD media or they are quite
useless without downloading more Debian packages from a network.

I assume "Debian CD" also means Debian USB stick. The installation ISOs
"debian-*-1.iso" from
  https://cdimage.debian.org/debian-cd/current/amd64/jigdo-16G/
  https://cdimage.debian.org/debian-cd/current/amd64/jigdo-bd/
  https://cdimage.debian.org/debian-cd/current/amd64/jigdo-dlbd/
would make bootable USB sticks with quite a wealth of installable packages
on them. (We could discuss improvements of their partition table if
the current layout gets bad reviews from the customers.)

Have a nice day :)

Thomas