Evolution and PGP/GPG

David BERCOT
Hi,

Since recently, I sign my mails with PGP. Everything is ok.
But when I receive a mail from another person which is signed, Evolution
always tolds me : 'invalid signature'.
Apparently, it does not know how to find public keys. And I didn't see
this option in Evolution.
Do you know what can I do in order that Evolution may recognize these
signatures ?

Thank you.

David.

Re: Evolution and PGP/GPG

Arjan Oosting
Op wo, 22-02-2006 te 21:43 +0100, schreef David BERCOT:
> Hi,
>
> Since recently, I sign my mails with PGP. Everything is ok.
> But when I receive a mail from another person which is signed, Evolution
> always tolds me : 'invalid signature'.
> Apparently, it does not know how to find public keys. And I didn't see
> this option in Evolution.
> Do you know what can I do in order that Evolution may recognize these
> signatures ?
Evolution just delegates this to gnupg so there isn't an option in
Evolution but you can configure gnupg to do the right thing

You can either manually download the necessary public keys from a
public keyserver using gpg --recv-keys or let gpg download them
automatically using the optione "keyserver-options auto-key-retrieve" in
your .gnupg/gpg.conf file.

May I also suggest that you upload your public key to subkeys.pgp.net. I
am seeing a invalid signature below your email ;-)

Greetings Arjan Oosting

Re: Evolution and PGP/GPG

David BERCOT
> > Since recently, I sign my mails with PGP. Everything is ok.

> > But when I receive a mail from another person which is signed, Evolution
> > always tolds me : 'invalid signature'.
> > Apparently, it does not know how to find public keys. And I didn't see
> > this option in Evolution.
> > Do you know what can I do in order that Evolution may recognize these
> > signatures ?
> Evolution just delegates this to gnupg so there isn't an option in
> Evolution but you can configure gnupg to do the right thing
>
> You can either manually download the necessary public keys from a
> public keyserver using gpg --recv-keys or let gpg download them
> automatically using the optione "keyserver-options auto-key-retrieve" in
> your .gnupg/gpg.conf file.
>
> May I also suggest that you upload your public key to subkeys.pgp.net. I
> am seeing a invalid signature below your email ;-)
OK. I'll try this tomorrow.
Thank you very much.

David.

Re: Evolution and PGP/GPG

Ondřej Surý-4
On Wed, 2006-02-22 at 22:18 +0100, David BERCOT wrote:
> > You can either manually download the necessary public keys from a
> > public keyserver using gpg --recv-keys or let gpg download them
> > automatically using the optione "keyserver-options auto-key-retrieve" in
> > your .gnupg/gpg.conf file.
>
> OK. I'll try this tomorrow.
> Thank you very much.

Just be warned: enabling automatic downloading can hung your evolution
for some time when gnupg tries to download key from server.

Ondrej.
--
Ondrej Sury <[hidden email]>

Re: Evolution and PGP/GPG

Amaya Rodrigo Sastre
Hi David,

David BERCOT wrote:
> But when I receive a mail from another person which is signed,
> Evolution always tolds me : 'invalid signature'.

Just wondering... Did you self-sign your own gpg-key?
In other words, is gpg working fine, so that you can really "blame"
evolution?

Good Luck!

--
 .''`.   I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think
: :' :   I have ended up where I needed to be   -- Douglas Adams

Re: Evolution and PGP/GPG

David BERCOT
> > Since recently, I sign my mails with PGP. Everything is ok.

> > But when I receive a mail from another person which is signed, Evolution
> > always tolds me : 'invalid signature'.
> > Apparently, it does not know how to find public keys. And I didn't see
> > this option in Evolution.
> > Do you know what can I do in order that Evolution may recognize these
> > signatures ?
> Evolution just delegates this to gnupg so there isn't an option in
> Evolution but you can configure gnupg to do the right thing
>
> You can either manually download the necessary public keys from a
> public keyserver using gpg --recv-keys or let gpg download them
> automatically using the optione "keyserver-options auto-key-retrieve" in
> your .gnupg/gpg.conf file.
>
> May I also suggest that you upload your public key to subkeys.pgp.net. I
> am seeing a invalid signature below your email ;-)
OK. I've done this !!! Now, it should be ok.
I can see valid signatures, now !!!

But I have one more question : Evolution says that the signature is
valid but the user can't be identified because the key is not signed by
a trust authority. It seems normal but is it ?

Thank you very much.

David.

Re: Evolution and PGP/GPG

David BERCOT
Le mercredi 22 février 2006 à 22:24 +0100, Ondrej Sury a écrit :

> On Wed, 2006-02-22 at 22:18 +0100, David BERCOT wrote:
> > > You can either manually download the necessary public keys from a
> > > public keyserver using gpg --recv-keys or let gpg download them
> > > automatically using the optione "keyserver-options auto-key-retrieve" in
> > > your .gnupg/gpg.conf file.
> >
> > OK. I'll try this tomorrow.
> > Thank you very much.
>
> Just be warned: enabling automatic downloading can hung your evolution
> for some time when gnupg tries to download key from server.
OK. I'm warned !!!
Now, I can see your picture ;-)

> Ondrej.

David.