Examples of desktop layout integration

Luis Matos-5
SUSE linux 10.1 is a good example for desktop integration of a theme,
also, i remember, i think the gnome-screensaver could be changed also.
here are some examples:
gimp splash: http://madpenguin.org/images/reviews/suse101/gimpsplash.jpg
openoffice splash:
http://madpenguin.org/images/reviews/suse101/ooosplash.jpg
gnome menu icon (foot in debian):
http://madpenguin.org/images/reviews/suse101/menus.jpg
suse splash screen:
http://www.hardgame2.com/img/noticias/Linux/suse/suse10_1.jpg

Also Redhat EL 4:

gdm: http://www.hardgame2.com/img/noticias/Linux/suse/suse10_1.jpg
splash: http://shots.osdir.com/slideshows/302_or/35.png
background: http://shots.osdir.com/slideshows/302_or/36.png

--
Best Regards,

Re: Examples of desktop layout integration

Rene Engelhard
Luis Matos wrote:
> openoffice splash:
> http://madpenguin.org/images/reviews/suse101/ooosplash.jpg

How do you propose to change ours?

Regards,

Rene

Luis Matos wrote:
> openoffice splash:
> http://madpenguin.org/images/reviews/suse101/ooosplash.jpg

What do you propose as ours?

Regards,

Rene

Rene Engelhard wrote:
> Luis Matos wrote:
> > openoffice splash:
> > http://madpenguin.org/images/reviews/suse101/ooosplash.jpg
>
> What do you propose as ours?

Gah, sorry for the duplicate mail. Just as I thought the first mail a
few days ago got lost and I sent a new one both arrived. Gahh.

Regards,

Rene

Re: Examples of desktop layout integration

Luis Matos-2
Sáb, 2006-05-27 às 20:32 +0200, Rene Engelhard escreveu:
> Luis Matos wrote:
> > openoffice splash:
> > http://madpenguin.org/images/reviews/suse101/ooosplash.jpg
>
> What do you propose as ours?

I propose to choose a line (layout, guidelines) of colours and objects
to stand on the splash screens, and then, review the splash.

debian openoffice team already has a costumized splash screen, it's just
a matter of guide to match a full debian layout.

i think all the applications that have splash screens or other
customizable user interface graphics should be changed.

gimp, bluefish, anjuta, are just some of them.

Seg, 2006-05-29 às 12:59 +0100, Luis Matos escreveu:
> Sáb, 2006-05-27 às 20:32 +0200, Rene Engelhard escreveu:
> > Luis Matos wrote:
> > > openoffice splash:
> > > http://madpenguin.org/images/reviews/suse101/ooosplash.jpg
> >
> > What do you propose as ours?

sorry ... did not andwear that objectively ...

my propose is to work with the people that are trying to make the guides
in order to make them the debian's image, and then apply the guidelines
to your splash, or ask the designers to make (or reproduce) one for you.

i think al  agree with this? Gustavo (startus)?

--
Best Regards,

Am Montag, 29. Mai 2006 13:59 schrieb Luis Matos:

> Sáb, 2006-05-27 às 20:32 +0200, Rene Engelhard escreveu:
> > Luis Matos wrote:
> > > openoffice splash:
> > > http://madpenguin.org/images/reviews/suse101/ooosplash.jpg
> >
> > What do you propose as ours?
>
> I propose to choose a line (layout, guidelines) of colours and objects
> to stand on the splash screens, and then, review the splash.
>
> debian openoffice team already has a costumized splash screen, it's just
> a matter of guide to match a full debian layout.

Not in 2.0.x anymore (except the progress bar in the swirl color which you
don't see if you have -gnome installed and start under gnome due tue a bug
currently but that'll be fixed)

That's why I asked :-)

Regards,

Rene

--
 .''`.  René Engelhard -- Debian GNU/Linux Developer
 : :' : http://www.debian.org | http://people.debian.org/~rene/