External modem

Muhammad Ali-4
Hi,
I have configured my external modem (it has been detected by debian) according to this article
I don't need any user name and password to connect to my ISP. I am hearing the dial tone after giving the command
pon
but not able to connect internet. What could be the problem. Please help me out.
Regards
Ali

Do You Yahoo!?

Re: External modem

Emmanuel Halbwachs
Hello,

Muhammad Ali a écrit :
> I have configured my external modem (it has been detected by debian)
> according to this article
> http://www.aboutdebian.com/modems.htm
> I don't need any user name and password to connect to my ISP. I am

This is a list dedicated to ISP that use Debian, not Debian users
that have ISP-related problems. So this is the wrong list for you :-)

You should ask your question to the debian-user list :

   http://lists.debian.org/debian-user/

HTH,

--
Emmanuel Halbwachs              Labo. de Photonique et Nanostructures
tel      : (+33)1 69 63 61 34                             CNRS UPR 20