First Debian community-wide IRC sessions scheduled: Meet the new DPL and ask him anything!

First Debian community-wide IRC sessions scheduled: Meet the new DPL and ask him anything!

Jonathan Carter (highvoltage)-2
Hey Debianites

As you probably know by now, Sam Hartman won the election and is now our
new DPL (congratulations!).

Sam and I have been talking over the last few weeks and Sam knows that
he has my full support for his role as DPL, he also supports some of my
ideas and we'll be collaborating on some of them.

The first of these is re-booting the #debian-meeting irc channel
(https://wiki.debian.org/IRC/debian-meeting) and schedule general
community meetings there.

Our first session has been scheduled:

Topic: Meet the new DPL and ask him anything!
Date: 2019-05-10
Time: 10:00 UTC
IRC Channel: #debian-meeting on oftc

The questions you'd be able to ask on IRC won't go as deep as they have
on this channel, but it's still one of many good ways to stay up to date
with the plans of the DPL and get some more details on what they entail.

If anyone is willing to help moderate the session, please get in touch.

-Jonathan

--
  ⢀⣴⠾⠻⢶⣦⠀  Jonathan Carter (highvoltage) <jcc>
  ⣾⠁⢠⠒⠀⣿⡁  Debian Developer - https://wiki.debian.org/highvoltage
  ⠈⠳⣄⠀⠀⠀⠀  Be Bold. Be brave. Debian has got your back.

Re: First Debian community-wide IRC sessions scheduled: Meet the new DPL and ask him anything!

MENGUAL Jean-Philippe
Great idea, I will try to be here.

Regards

signature_jp_2
Logo
                Hypra JEAN-PHILIPPE MENGUAL
DIRECTEUR TECHNIQUE ET QUALITÉ
102, rue des poissonniers, 75018, Paris
Tel : <a href="tel:+33184730661" style="margin-right:10px;">+331 84 73 06 61 Mob : <a href="tel:+33676349337">+336 76 34 93 37
Facebook Hypra Twitter Hypra Linkedin Jean-Philippe

On 21/04/2019 16:09, Jonathan Carter wrote:
Hey Debianites

As you probably know by now, Sam Hartman won the election and is now our
new DPL (congratulations!).

Sam and I have been talking over the last few weeks and Sam knows that
he has my full support for his role as DPL, he also supports some of my
ideas and we'll be collaborating on some of them.

The first of these is re-booting the #debian-meeting irc channel
(https://wiki.debian.org/IRC/debian-meeting) and schedule general
community meetings there.

Our first session has been scheduled:

Topic: Meet the new DPL and ask him anything!

Re: First Debian community-wide IRC sessions scheduled: Meet the new DPL and ask him anything!

Holger Levsen-2
On Sun, Apr 21, 2019 at 04:09:12PM +0200, Jonathan Carter wrote:
> As you probably know by now, Sam Hartman won the election and is now our
> new DPL (congratulations!).

congrats to Sam indeed. And thanks to all four who have been running!

> The first of these is re-booting the #debian-meeting irc channel
> (https://wiki.debian.org/IRC/debian-meeting) and schedule general
> community meetings there.

thanks for this initiative! I think it's a nice one! two comments:

will you use meetbot(.debian.net) to provide logs etc?
and maybe you want to annonce this somewhere else than -vote@ too.

--
tschau,
        Holger

Dance like no one's watching. Encrypt like everyone is.

On 2019/04/21 19:21, Holger Levsen wrote:
> will you use meetbot(.debian.net) to provide logs etc?
> and maybe you want to annonce this somewhere else than -vote@ too.

Yep, meetbot is there and publicity team will publish it to bits between
3-5 May and then again closer to the time again on micronews.

-Jonathan

On Mon, Apr 22, 2019 at 09:57:36AM +0200, Jonathan Carter wrote:
> Yep, meetbot is there and publicity team will publish it to bits between
> 3-5 May and then again closer to the time again on micronews.

nice.