Fwd: [Libreboot] Attempt to boot GNU Mach

Fwd: [Libreboot] Attempt to boot GNU Mach

nicolasmaia
FYI

Nicolas Maia
--
Enviado seguramente pelo Tutanota. Torne sua caixa de correio criptografada hoje mesmo! https://tutanota.com

Data: 3. Abr 2016 12:11
De: [hidden email]
Para: [hidden email]
Assunto: [Libreboot] Attempt to boot GNU Mach

I tried to boot GNU/Hurd on a libreboot machine, just because I wanted to know whether it works. GNU Mach uses drivers from Linux 2.0, there is no sound support, no SATA support and the graphical display must be legacy VGA in textmode.
However It might be possible to run the GNU/Hurd using Xen instead of KVM on a Libreboot system, with GNU/Linux as the Dom0.

https://libreboot.org/faq/#gnuhurd

https://archive.org/details/HurdGrubLibreboot
Sent from my Libreboot X200

Re: Fwd: [Libreboot] Attempt to boot GNU Mach

Arne Babenhauserheide
[hidden email] writes:
> FYI

Thank you!

Reading the message I’m not sure whether it worked or not. Do you have
additional information?

Best wishes,
Arne

> [hidden email] writes:
> > I tried to boot GNU/Hurd on a libreboot machine, just because I wanted to
> > know whether it works. GNU Mach uses drivers from Linux 2.0, there is no
> > sound support, no SATA support and the graphical display must be legacy VGA
> > in textmode.
> > However It might be possible to run the GNU/Hurd using Xen instead of KVM
> > on a Libreboot system, with GNU/Linux as the Dom0.
> >
> > https://libreboot.org/faq/#gnuhurd
> >
> > https://archive.org/details/HurdGrubLibreboot
--
Unpolitisch sein