Fwd: Mixxx: Please update soon.

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
6 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Fwd: Mixxx: Please update soon.

Daniel Schürmann
Hi Mixxx Maintainers,

I have already mailed Matteo, than I found the new mainter email. 

Unfortunately the untested Mixxx 2.1 linked with Qt5 slipped into Ubuntu Cosmic and Disco.
See bug:

This means every Cosmic / Disco user casual installing Mixxx suffers all critical bugs we have fixed while migrating to Qt5 in Mixxx 2.2.0

Mixxx 2.2.0 was released 2018-12-24

Do we have a similar situation for Debian?

Can you please update all Mixxx Qt5 packages to Mixxx 2.2.0?

Thank you very much.

Best regards

Daniel Schürmann.


 

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Fwd: Mixxx: Please update soon.

Daniel Schürmann

Hi Mixxx Maintainers,

Thank to Matteo the Debian upstream packages are updated:
https://packages.debian.org/buster/mixxx
https://packages.debian.org/sid/mixxx

Who is responsible to fetch these changes for Ubuntu? It is really a bad situation without this.

Best regards,

Daniel

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Fwd: Mixxx: Please update soon.

Sebastian Ramacher-3
Hi Daniel

On 2019-02-13 23:01:35, Daniel Schürmann wrote:

> Hi Mixxx Maintainers,
>
> Thank to Matteo the Debian upstream packages are updated:
> https://packages.debian.org/buster/mixxx
> <https://packages.debian.org/buster/mixxx>
> https://packages.debian.org/sid/mixxx
> <https://packages.debian.org/sid/mixxx>
>
> Who is responsible to fetch these changes for Ubuntu? It is really a bad
> situation without this.
2.2.0 is already included in Ubuntu disco. For cosmic, you'll probably
need to get in contact with one of the Ubuntu developers. Maybe try to
get in contact with Simon Quigley. I haven't seen anybody else taking
care of bugs in Ubuntu's stable releases related to the multimedia
packages.

Cheers
--
Sebastian Ramacher

signature.asc (849 bytes) Download Attachment
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Fwd: Mixxx: Please update soon.

Erich Eickmeyer-2
Hi Sebastian,

On Thu, 2019-02-14 at 00:27 +0100, Sebastian Ramacher wrote:
> For cosmic, you'll
> probably
> need to get in contact with one of the Ubuntu developers. Maybe try
> to
> get in contact with Simon Quigley. I haven't seen anybody else taking
> care of bugs in Ubuntu's stable releases related to the multimedia
> packages.
>
> Cheers

Regular, non-LTS releases aren't typically eligible for backport
releases unless it's a security fix. Basically, anybody on Cosmic will
be recommended to upgrade to Disco (19.04) once it's released in April
with a 3-month grace period until July when Cosmic will be end-of-life.

Thanks,
Erich Eickmeyer
Ubuntu Studio
Council Chair

signature.asc (527 bytes) Download Attachment
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Mixxx: Please update soon.

Daniel Schürmann
In reply to this post by Daniel Schürmann
Hi Mixxx Maintainers,

I have not yet managed to find a Ubuntu Maintainer who is able to update the Mixxx package for Ubuntu Cosmic.

By exident an experimental Mixxx version was uploaded to 
the Debian repros and fetched into the Ubuntu Cosmic repos as well. See: https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1804513

Thank to Matteo the Debian upstream packages are updated:

But the Cosmic issue is still pending.

Who is able to fix this?
The issue is urgend, because the current build with like my be a party stopper.

Thank you in advanced.

Daniel.

Daniel Schürmann <[hidden email]> schrieb am Fr., 18. Jan. 2019, 14:24:
Hi Mixxx Maintainers,

I have already mailed Matteo, than I found the new mainter email. 

Unfortunately the untested Mixxx 2.1 linked with Qt5 slipped into Ubuntu Cosmic and Disco.
See bug:

This means every Cosmic / Disco user casual installing Mixxx suffers all critical bugs we have fixed while migrating to Qt5 in Mixxx 2.2.0

Mixxx 2.2.0 was released 2018-12-24

Do we have a similar situation for Debian?

Can you please update all Mixxx Qt5 packages to Mixxx 2.2.0?

Thank you very much.

Best regards

Daniel Schürmann.


 

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Mixxx: Please update soon.

Ross Gammon-2
Hi Daniel,

Ubuntu Disco already has Mixxx 2.2.0 which will be released in 1 month.

Ubuntu Cosmic will be End Of Life in July, and most people will upgrade
to Disco. So it is a short term problem.

Cosmic is a stable release, so it only receives security fixes, and
fixes for serious bugs using the Stable Release Updates process:
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/StableReleaseUpdates

So the best bet is to provide patches against v2.1.3 for any serious
bugs in Launchpad, and follow the above process, testing that there are
no regressions.

Regards,

Ross

On 3/21/19 8:21 AM, Daniel Schürmann wrote:

> Hi Mixxx Maintainers,
>
> I have not yet managed to find a Ubuntu Maintainer who is able to update
> the Mixxx package for Ubuntu Cosmic.
>
> By exident an experimental Mixxx version was uploaded to 
> the Debian repros and fetched into the Ubuntu Cosmic repos as well.
> See: https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1804513
>
> Thank to Matteo the Debian upstream packages are updated:
> https://packages.debian.org/buster/mixxx
> https://packages.debian.org/sid/mixxx
>
> But the Cosmic issue is still pending.
>
> Who is able to fix this?
> The issue is urgend, because the current build with like my be a party
> stopper.
>
> Thank you in advanced.
>
> Daniel.
>
> Daniel Schürmann <[hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>>
> schrieb am Fr., 18. Jan. 2019, 14:24:
>
>     Hi Mixxx Maintainers,
>
>     I have already mailed Matteo, than I found the new mainter email. 
>
>     Unfortunately the untested Mixxx 2.1 linked with Qt5 slipped into
>     Ubuntu Cosmic and Disco.
>     See bug:
>     https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1804513
>
>     This means every Cosmic / Disco user casual installing Mixxx suffers
>     all critical bugs we have fixed while migrating to Qt5 in Mixxx 2.2.0
>
>     Mixxx 2.2.0 was released 2018-12-24
>
>     Do we have a similar situation for Debian?
>
>     Can you please update all Mixxx Qt5 packages to Mixxx 2.2.0?
>
>     Thank you very much.
>
>     Best regards
>
>     Daniel Schürmann.
>
>
>      
>


signature.asc (849 bytes) Download Attachment