[Fwd: Re: Induction of new members to the technical committee]

[Fwd: Re: Induction of new members to the technical committee]

Bdale Garbee

You are not subscribed to this list, so your submission was rejected.
Please subscribe to the list first and then repost your message.

A copy of your submission is included below.

--=-S2UJ9cv7RAzjywsgwKQ8

I am in favor of inducting the three new committee members Manoj
proposes.

Bdale

--=-S2UJ9cv7RAzjywsgwKQ8

--=-S2UJ9cv7RAzjywsgwKQ8--

Re: [Fwd: Re: Induction of new members to the technical committee]

Manoj Srivastava
Hi,

        With bdale voting yes, along with me, and there being no
 passes.

        So I hereby propose that this committee recommend to the
 the Debian project leader the following individuals to be candidates
 for induction into the technical committee (as per section 6.2.2 of
 the constitution)

   o) Steve Langasek <[hidden email]>
   o) Anthony Towns <[hidden email]>
   o) Andreas Barth <[hidden email]>

        So, these individuals are commended for inclusion in the
 technical committee, and the project leader is encouraged to extend
 these invitations.

        manoj
--
I demand IMPUNITY!
Manoj Srivastava   <[hidden email]>  <http://www.debian.org/%7Esrivasta/>

Re: [Fwd: Re: Induction of new members to the technical committee]

Raul Miller
On 12/27/05, Manoj Srivastava <[hidden email]> wrote:
>         With bdale voting yes, along with me, and there being no
>  passes.

My apologies, I should have realized this was a new issue that
needed to be voted on.

Belatedly: I would have voted yes if I'd been thinking things through.

Raul

Re: [Fwd: Re: Induction of new members to the technical committee]

Ian Jackson
Manoj Srivastava writes ("Re: [Fwd: Re: Induction of new members to the technical committee]"):
>         With bdale voting yes, along with me, and there being no
>  passes.

For the record, I would have voted yes but I was away for Christmas.

Ian.

Appointment of new members to the Technical Committee

Sam Hartman-5
After extensive consultation with the existing members of the Technical
Committee, invitations having been extended jointly by myself and the
Technical Committee to three Debian Developers who expressed interest in
serving[1], and having received a formal recommendation for the addition of
these developers by the Technical Committee, I hereby appoint:

* Steve Langasek <[hidden email]>
* Anthony Towns <[hidden email]>
* Andreas Barth <[hidden email]>

to the Debian Technical Committee.

I make this appointment per §6.2.2 of the Debian Constitution[2].

Steve, Anthony, and Andreas: thank you for your interest and willingness to
serve in this capacity.

Because the Debian Organizational Structure page[3] has not yet been
updated to reflect the earlier resignations of Wichert Akkerman, Jason
Gunthorpe, and Guy Maor from the Technical Committee[4], I offer the
following roster of current members as of the foregoing appointment:

* Ian Jackson <[hidden email]>, Chair
* Raul Miller <[hidden email]>
* Manoj Srivastava <[hidden email]>
* Bdale Garbee <[hidden email]>
* Steve Langasek <[hidden email]>
* Anthony Towns <[hidden email]>
* Andreas Barth <[hidden email]>

For more on the powers and responsibilities of the Technical Committee, see
§6 of the Debian Constitution[2].

[1] invitations were extended to four developers, but one refused
[2] http://www.debian.org/devel/constitution
[3] http://www.debian.org/intro/organization
[4] Message-ID: <[hidden email]>
    http://lists.debian.org/debian-ctte/2005/12/msg00028.html