Fwd: lists.debian.org has received bounces from you

Fwd: lists.debian.org has received bounces from you

Abhishek Dixit
What should I do for bounce messages I get.

Re: lists.debian.org has received bounces from you

Cindy Sue Causey
On 5/26/20, Abhishek Dixit <[hidden email]> wrote:

> What should I do for bounce messages I get.

Hi! I THINK I finally traced this down to being about... GMAIL...
bouncing emails into S*pam bucket for reasons often known only to
itself. You could try finding a way to add the affected user lists to
your address book or something.

The thing is.. I THINK the lists that have sent similar to me are
already in my own address book (from me posting)... and it didn't stop
the bouncing from still happening. The reason there is most likely
because Gmail is bouncing based on something in the *original*
sender's email, NOT directly because it's coming from ANY of the
useful Debian listservs here...

Pulling anything that ends up in the S*pam bucket will help a little,
but I've found Gmail has not figured out my methodology for retrieving
emails from there. I still continue to find emails in there all the
time.

In those cases, it seems to frequently be Debian Users that I hadn't
seen posting until they were found bounced into that directory. The
affected Debian Users don't often end up back in there once I've
initially... rescued them...

Cindy :)
--
Cindy-Sue Causey

* runs with birdseed *

Re: Fwd: lists.debian.org has received bounces from you

Gene Heskett-4
On Tuesday 26 May 2020 17:23:53 Abhishek Dixit wrote:

> What should I do for bounce messages I get.

Delete them.  Debians filtering passes whats obviously spam, and my isp
often bounces them, but it only 1 every 2 or 3 weeks so its very very
rare you'll get kicked off the list.  So I've been nuking them for at
least a decade.

Cheers, Gene Heskett
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)
 - Louis D. Brandeis

Re: Fwd: lists.debian.org has received bounces from you

Marc Shapiro-3
On 5/26/20 2:23 PM, Abhishek Dixit wrote:
[...]

-------------------------

Abhi

I wouldn't worry about it.  When I get these (which is maybe once every month, or two) I check the bounced e-mail (from the link) to see if it was anything I really needed to read.  Then I don't worry about it any more.  You have a 1% bounce rate.  As the e-mail says, they will remove your subscription if it reaches 80%.  With 84 e-mails, they would have to received 68 bounces before it would become an issue.  For me, it has never been more than 1 bounce.  Nothing top worry about.

Marc

Re: Fwd: lists.debian.org has received bounces from you

Karen Lewellen

Re: Fwd: lists.debian.org has received bounces from you

Andrei POPESCU-2
On Mi, 27 mai 20, 02:12:34, Karen Lewellen wrote:
> Actually, my email address has been down since last Tuesday, only fully
> returning yesterday.  Meaning that for all that time bounces to the list
> would  get counted for my address.  Got this very e-mail several hours ago.
> Kare

If I understand correctly this is exactly what this check was designed
for.

Kind regards,
Andrei