Fwd: potential awards for Ian Murdock

Daniel Pocock-4

Can anybody else comment on awards that Ian could be nominated for?

Re: Fwd: potential awards for Ian Murdock

Zlatan Todoric-2
Hi Daniel,

On 01/04/2016 08:22 AM, Daniel Pocock wrote:

> Can anybody else comment on awards that Ian could be nominated for?

Has anyone gave you any input on this?

IMHO we should nominate him for all awards we can and we should do this
ASAP. Any ideas how to go on with this?

Also, as community, we should honor him this year in some special
(Debian) way (my opinion, others can disagree).

zlatan

Re: Fwd: potential awards for Ian Murdock

Amaya Rodrigo Sastre
Zlatan Todoric wrote:
> Also, as community, we should honor him this year in some special
> (Debian) way (my opinion, others can disagree).

We should prominently dedicate our next release to him, IMHO.

--
 .''`.        The world breaks everyone, and afterward, some are
: :' :        strong at the broken places.    - Ernest Hemingway
  `-                            Proudly running Debian GNU/Linux

On 01/14/2016 01:24 PM, Amaya wrote:
> Zlatan Todoric wrote:
>> Also, as community, we should honor him this year in some special
>> (Debian) way (my opinion, others can disagree).
>
> We should prominently dedicate our next release to him, IMHO.

Absolutely agree.

Re: potential awards for Ian Murdock

Ogge Sjölin-2
Yes!

On Thu, 14 Jan 2016 13:24:56 +0100
Amaya <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Zlatan Todoric wrote:
> > Also, as community, we should honor him this year in some special
> > (Debian) way (my opinion, others can disagree).
>
> We should prominently dedicate our next release to him, IMHO.

Re: potential awards for Ian Murdock

JingYuan Chen

I can not agree with u any more.

Amaya <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Zlatan Todoric wrote:
> > Also, as community, we should honor him this year in some special
> > (Debian) way (my opinion, others can disagree).
>
> We should prominently dedicate our next release to him, IMHO.

Re: Fwd: potential awards for Ian Murdock

Joel-31
On Thu, Jan 14, 2016 at 01:28:02PM +0100, Zlatan Todoric wrote:
> On 01/14/2016 01:24 PM, Amaya wrote:
> >
> > We should prominently dedicate our next release to him, IMHO.
>
> Absolutely agree.

+1 (or potentially rename the release in his honour)