GNOME 2.16 in Etch

Jérôme Warnier
I read previously that it was not going to happen if Etch's release was
still planned for December this year.
I was really astounded to see my Etch upgrading GConf and others to 2.16
this morning. (I personally very pleased about this, I was already
considering using Sid for myself)
Did the plans change?

Regards
--
Jérôme Warnier <[hidden email]>
BeezNest

Re: GNOME 2.16 in Etch

Josselin Mouette
Le mardi 31 octobre 2006 à 08:10 +0100, Jérôme Warnier a écrit :
> I read previously that it was not going to happen if Etch's release was
> still planned for December this year.
> I was really astounded to see my Etch upgrading GConf and others to 2.16
> this morning. (I personally very pleased about this, I was already
> considering using Sid for myself)
> Did the plans change?

They only changed for packages with non-obtrusive changes, so that we
get at least some bug fixes and translations updates. Anything depending
on GTK+ 2.10 or gnome-vfs 2.16 wasn't included.
--
Josselin Mouette                /\./\

"Do you have any more insane proposals for me?"